You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby RedQueen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Here's the 2nd part of the translated Spielverlagerung-article.

Spielverlagerung Part 1 and 2 [source]

I made a few corrections in the first part, so that document contains both the first and the second. This is now about half of the entire article.

@runaway, I'll PM you in regard to the proofreading.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Neuer has been crowned worlds best soccer player in the top 100 by L'equipe.. Isnt that the same paper/magazine that also provides the Ballon d'lol stuff? C Ronaldo and Messi came in 2nd and 3rd.. They said about Neuer.. ''the one that revolutionised his position''

That was France Football...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RedQueen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Just found this:

A complete statistical analysis of Ballon d'Or finalists | Sportskeeda [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:10 am

Ronaldo will win Ballon d'Or, but it should be Neuer - Reina [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MoFattal » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:29 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Isnt that the same paper/magazine that also provides the Ballon d'lol stuff?

That's France Football, but L'equipe is also one of the reputable magazines in France.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 am

I can't believe you guys are still hoping he'll win it. The problem as such is that they're allowed just 3 votes. With more votes, Manu would have a better chance (i.e. if people voted for their top 5 for example)

I predict the majority of the votes to include Ronaldo, Messi and one Bayern Munich player. The latter could be Neuer, but it could also be Robben, Mueller or Lahm. The fact that Neuer has teammates from club and country that were in the frontrunners doesn't help his cause at all.

Neuer will, at best, take 2nd place. However had they done the vote twice, first to choose the top 3 and then for everyone to vote JUST on the top 3, I think Neuer would have had a decent chance of winning it. But I'm sure that Neuer lost a lot of World-Cup-sympathy-votes to Mueller for example.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:43 pm

MUTU wrote:I can't believe you guys are still hoping he'll win it. The problem as such is that they're allowed just 3 votes. With more votes, Manu would have a better chance (i.e. if people voted for their top 5 for example)

I predict the majority of the votes to include Ronaldo, Messi and one Bayern Munich player. The latter could be Neuer, but it could also be Robben, Mueller or Lahm. The fact that Neuer has teammates from club and country that were in the frontrunners doesn't help his cause at all.

Neuer will, at best, take 2nd place. However had they done the vote twice, first to choose the top 3 and then for everyone to vote JUST on the top 3, I think Neuer would have had a decent chance of winning it. But I'm sure that Neuer lost a lot of World-Cup-sympathy-votes to Mueller for example.

Don't loose hope mate.....cannavaro didn't ....petr cech hasn't....maier hasn't....matthaus hasn't....we haven't.... [-o< [-o<
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AllensRoten » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:29 pm

MUTU wrote:I can't believe you guys are still hoping he'll win it. The problem as such is that they're allowed just 3 votes. With more votes, Manu would have a better chance (i.e. if people voted for their top 5 for example)

Its the truth right here. Last year, the only stat Ronaldo had that was greater than Ribery's was goals scored. Ribery had way more assists, dribbles, 1v1, tackles, sprints, and passes. Yet who won? Didn't Ribery come in 3rd? This year, the same applies. Manu has revolutionized a position. Yet his save rate, timing, reflexes, poise on the ball, having won the world cup, and everything else that he does will not mean much in comparison to Ronaldo and the goals he has scored.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:39 pm

I doubt that the voters were turning stats over in their minds. Maybe the journalists were but not the managers or captains. I doubt they even bothered to look up how many goals everyone scored. I think for most of them it's more who they know and whom they've seen play. Ribery wasn't that far behind in the end, only about 5 percentage points. And he wasn't a world cup winner. Who of the players and managers in Asia and Oceania and Africa have seen Ribery play? Who of them watches the European Champions League, let alone the Bundesliga? Everyone has seen Neuer play at the world cup. That and Löw preaching everywhere including on manager's conferences how Neuer was Germany's most factor in winning is what's important. He's certainly not a favourite but if Ribery could finish 5 percent behind Ronaldo then Neuer winning isn't an impossible result either.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:56 pm

l equipe published the rest of their best 100. sportmediaset.it
Robben Di Maria and Lahm

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:05 pm

RedQueen wrote:I doubt that the voters were turning stats over in their minds. Maybe the journalists were but not the managers or captains. I doubt they even bothered to look up how many goals everyone scored. I think for most of them it's more who they know and whom they've seen play. Ribery wasn't that far behind in the end, only about 5 percentage points. And he wasn't a world cup winner. Who of the players and managers in Asia and Oceania and Africa have seen Ribery play? Who of them watches the European Champions League, let alone the Bundesliga? Everyone has seen Neuer play at the world cup. That and Löw preaching everywhere including on manager's conferences how Neuer was Germany's most factor in winning is what's important. He's certainly not a favourite but if Ribery could finish 5 percent behind Ronaldo then Neuer winning isn't an impossible result either.

Ribery got as much exposure as Ronaldo and won the treble, not a world cup but still its a treble including the pinnacle tournament of European Football(UCL). After all, Barcelona gained even more popularity after their treble year all over the world. So why wasn't that enough for Ribery to win? The thing is, is that Ronaldo is just more marketable. He's marketed as an icon of modern day football. Fashionable, wealthy, "cool", flashy, and seen as the ideal athlete. Its easier on the eyes to see him doing an underwear photoshoot, vs. Ribery lol. Thats what I believe makes the difference between winning the ballon d'or and coming in 2nd or 3rd place.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Here's part 3 of the Spielverlagerung article. This is the statistics part, and some of these results are just ridiculous.

Spielverlagerung Part 3 [source]
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:30 pm

So Neuer's basically the world's best goalie by a long shot even if his value as a sweeper isn't being taken into account. 8)
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 pm

MUTU wrote:Neuer will, at best, take 2nd place. However had they done the vote twice, first to choose the top 3 and then for everyone to vote JUST on the top 3, I think Neuer would have had a decent chance of winning it. But I'm sure that Neuer lost a lot of World-Cup-sympathy-votes to Mueller for example.

This is how it should be tbh.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 pm

He's the real leader...
Spoiler: show

Already thinking of a plan for next year, no time for crying...
Spoiler: show

Ballon d'Or or not, he's da man.

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World