You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Months after Russia and Qatar WC, Blatter: "WC shouldn't have been held there."

Yeah. Pointless. It's either Blatter doesn't want to see Ronaldo crying again so he's pushing for Neuer to win this one because his homeboy Messi doesn't have anything besides being in the WC finals to one up CR.

AdepT wrote:Quoting Sidhu? Do you watch cricket or what? That guy only talks in self-made proverbs.

No. I just saw that quote before about statistics. Forgot who said it and googled it. Yeah it's called Sidhuisms, isn't it?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:51 pm

It would be a joke if Ancelotti ends up in front of Low...
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:It would be a joke if Ancelotti ends up in front of Low...

don't be so surprised! Reading this thread it came to my mind...
However TBH winning the CL is more difficult I guess... 13 games vs 7 ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:57 pm

The CL isn't harder if you're Bayern Munich. :P Jokes aside, no, the CL isn't harder than the WC, in the WC you have only one shot, if you're not good you're out, from that point of view.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

True.. In CL you play twice against everyone, except final, WC its one time against everyone, if you **** up you can be out very fast, even in the group. In the CL you can correct stuff with a loss..
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm

OK you've convinced me. :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm

But Ancelotti's CL is special. It's the Decima! It will be between Loew and Ancelotti definitely. Or you know since both of them didn't really do anything special in terms of tactics, FIFA's homeboy Guardiola will take it. :pep:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Guardiola 4 titles and BL in record fashion, Ancelotti CL and Cope del Rey, Low WC... Outsider chances for Simeone.. Any other coach would be a farce. Would be awesome, last year Heynckes, this year Guardiola or Low :D
Ottomeister13

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 am

I think it is going to be given to Low. Pep will always carry the 4-0 loss in his baggage, while Ancelloti will not be forgiven for losing the league title to Atletico. Simeone might be the deserving one here, but JLo came out with football's biggest trophy. Do they have a final 3 as well? If so, I think it will be 1- Low 2- Simeone 3- Ancelotti

As for Neuer, he's been getting a lot of praise lately from big names and media outlets. I think his chances are getting better, but definitely still far off from Ronaldo.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 am

Any other coach might win it, but they'll never have this: =D>
Spoiler: show
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:True.. In CL you play twice against everyone, except final, WC its one time against everyone, if you **** up you can be out very fast, even in the group. In the CL you can correct stuff with a loss..

But this argument for me works exactly the other way round.

In CL, the better team is more likely to progress than in the World Cup. Hence, your next opponent is more likely to be the better one rather than the one that got lucky. You can also be the worse team in a round but progress through luck; with the World Cup this is easier since it's one match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:True.. In CL you play twice against everyone, except final, WC its one time against everyone, if you **** up you can be out very fast, even in the group. In the CL you can correct stuff with a loss..

But this argument for me works exactly the other way round.

In CL, the better team is more likely to progress than in the World Cup. Hence, your next opponent is more likely to be the better one rather than the one that got lucky. You can also be the worse team in a round but progress through luck; with the World Cup this is easier since it's one match.

You can't predict how that 'luck' will work and for who, so? Sudden death... I agree that you can get lucky, but the difficulty is higher in the WC, because the stakes are bigger every game, thanks to that 'luck' factor, a factor which killed Germany many times in the past. I think luck has more to do with Euro than WC, there's a knockout phase less than in the WC, one name: Greece, lucky b.......
Italy 2006, but they're still Italy.
It can turn out to be a competition of 'Russian Roulette' if you're not prepared for everything, every game you have to be at your best, there's no second chance, adding the fact that the competition is played every 4 years, not every year, that adds additional pressure in that competition.
You can't associate Germany or Bayern with luck. Loew killed that 'bad luck' element and won the WC, that was a hard task, you're the best only if you're capable of doing that. You have to fight not only against opponents but also against 'bad luck' and leave nothing to fate, you don't want to gamble there. I believe luck takes over only if you let it take over.
I like it more and feel more comfortable when 2 games are played with the same team, always over 'sudden death'.

...but you can win through luck the CL final easier because it's one match? How many of those 'easy' finals have we lost? :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby krkla » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

"Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or?"

In theory - Yes.

In reality - No.

The Ballon d'Or has gone from being the best player in the world, to The-Best-Attacking-Player-Who-Won-The-Most-Trophies-And-Scored-The-Highest-Amount-Of-Goals competition. By that i'm not saying CR7 isn't worthy of the award because he has been a beast this past year. I just find this trend to only award either Messi or Ronaldo, destructive for the prestige of the award. We have to go back to 2007 to find a winner that wasn't one of the before mentioned. In fact, since 2010 when fifa gained the rights to the award, only one player has been in the top 3 of players that wasn't a representative of either Barcelona or Real Madrid, our own Ribery. That's despite Bayern has been in the CL final 3 times, it has been won by Inter, Chelsea and Bayern besides the 2 before mentioned clubs. In fact those 2 clubs has only been in the CL final once each, and still taking up all the top 3 positions in the Ballon d'Or besides once.

I wouldn't be too upset by Ronaldo winning it this year since he has been an attacking force equal to Neuers goalkeeping abilities. But i think that the award itself has lost all its credibility due to the obvious partyism. I know that the prize is awarded by votes from players, coaches and journalists, but it just seems like they vote like when people argue wether Messi or Ronaldo is better. Redundant. Until a new winner is crowned i can't be bothered by the award.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Deserved:
1) Neuer
2) Ronaldo
3) Robben or Muller or Ramos or Di Maria

Reality:
1) Ronaldo
2) Messi
3) Robben or Muller or Ramos or Di Maria

Coach of the year will surely be between Ancelotti and Loew. I think that not even Pep stands a chance.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm more interested in knowing the World XI. Dani Alvez, Marcelo, Xavi, etc. would make a good laugh.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World