You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby Argeta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:27 am

Haha madrid
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am

You need to realize how this things work,Neuer winning Ballon D'or is above imagination...
Neuer has 0% chanches to win this thing because of marketing,it's simple as that,last year and before that my prediction were 100% right,last year I said that Ribery will be 2nd for sure,after the hat trick vs Sweden of CR7, I said loudly that he will 3rd,he just doesn't have the right image,that's all.

CR7 will be the winner no matter what,you need to realize that "they want" this thing,Messi 4 vs CR7 3 they need this battle in this competition,everything else is just crap.

However,I see from the media all over the world,some legendary football-people are pushing it for a German winner(Sheva-Neuer,Platini random German)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 am

Achilles wrote:However,I see from the media all over the world,some legendary football-people are pushing it for a German winner(Sheva-Neuer,Platini random German)

The problem is that no German player stands out head and shoulders above the rest, so votes going to Bayern/Germany players will be pretty spread out.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm

I don't give a damn about this marketing BS award but it will be nice to see Penaldo crying and green faced with envy...
IMO Lahm should be the Nr 1 without any doubts.
The other German candidates ;
Gotze - his only real contribution was the winning goal in the final.
Schweinsteiger his worrier like performances are not enough.
Muller - was OK but nothing of out of this world.
Neuer - he is a GK

If this award was fair - Ronaldo won't even make it with the top 3 and to mention Messi ... Messi???WTF
1. Lahm 2. Neuer, 3. Di Maria
4. Ramos, 5.Ronaldo 6.Robben
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If this award was fair - Ronaldo won't even make it with the top 3 and to mention Messi ... Messi???WTF

Mostly agreed about Messi, but Ronaldo not making the top 3 would be travesty. He's scored a crazy amount of goals, won the Champions League while setting a CL goals record and is still scoring regularly this season. On what basis does he NOT deserve to be there, just because Portugal didn't win the World Cup? Just because he's annoying and dives? Really and truly he's an exceptional footballer and I believe he deserves to win the award not just make the top three.

I see others talking about marketing hype / sponsors. Yes, granted, it makes some effect but that kind of thing only happens to those who deserve it anyway. I don't see the media and sponsors buzzing about Lell, y'know.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

We need more Glory Hunters to join us to be more competitive in those prizes, they have a strong lobby y'know. :?
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MatZam » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Neuer isn't go to win it unfortunately. If this award is to be taken seriously than different categories need to be given out, for attackers, midfielders, defenders and keepers. The roles played by a keeper like Neuer and an attacker like Ronaldo in their teams are so different that they are practically playing different sports. It's so difficult to compare what they do.

The Ballon d'Or is so heavily weighted in favour of attackers, and Messi and Ronaldo are so ingrained in people's minds, that it will either take until they both retire, decline sharply or both simultaneously have a horrible season before anyone else wins it (and I am willing to bet a large sum of money that Neymar is the next shoo-in for the award from the 'new' generation, due to his marketing).
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:26 pm

MatZam wrote:The roles played by a keeper like Neuer and an attacker like Ronaldo in their teams are so different that they are practically playing different sports.

Fixed your post: The roles played by a keeper and an attacker like Ronaldo in their teams are so different that they are practically playing different sports.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:37 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 pm

There's an inherent flaw on the system of voting. Very subjective. And fans are focusing too much on numerical values to rally their favorite's case. Abstract values like leadership, determination, will, sportsmanship, are stripped out of the "best player in the world."

Defenders, midfielders, and goalkeepers can't stand on the face of quantitative judgement. They don't because goals win games.

In the old format, one of the judges in the panel might point out that these sheer amount of goals by the duo doesn't amount to a big difference for their team's success in the league. 3 points is 3 point even if you win by 10 goals or 1. In La Liga, goal difference is not the first tie breaker but the head to head. Take out Ronaldo's goals in La Liga last season, and Real Madrid will still be the highest goalscoring team in their league.

The first award after the merging, FIFA has set their precedent. Winning a treble is not considered an individual achievement. Because we can't quantifiably compare the contribution of one player and then compare it to another player's contribution to his team.

Meanwhile goals are goals. Goals are scored by one person despite the fact that like being triumphant in any competition, it also requires teammates to assist, players to make the run to provide the scorer space to shoot. And of course, defense to protect the score.

"Statistics are like miniskirts. What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial." ~Navjot Singh Sidhu

via Tapatalk
Last edited by runaway on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Take example for Ribs what he won before the Ballon d' shit and still only got third place.. Prizes dont matter at all, so i expect Neuer to not even be with the first 3.. Because none of them plays with Ha Ha over Barca.
Ottomeister13

Postby moimoi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:52 am

MUTU wrote:
Achilles wrote:However,I see from the media all over the world,some legendary football-people are pushing it for a German winner(Sheva-Neuer,Platini random German)

The problem is that no German player stands out head and shoulders above the rest, so votes going to Bayern/Germany players will be pretty spread out.

you are obviously wrong.

even the players who arent even nominated do.

moimoi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:37 pm

"Manuel Neuer should have won the [Brazil World Cup 2014] Ballon d'Or" - Joseph Blatter.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Just for that fact alone already indeed.. That not Robben or Neuer won the FIFA WC 2014 best player award, but Messi did, was to stupid for words and just is a proven point none of them have a chance at the ballon d;lol.
Ottomeister13

Postby AdepT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm

runaway wrote:"Statistics are like miniskirts. What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial." ~Navjot Singh Sidhu

Quoting Sidhu? Do you watch cricket or what? That guy only talks in self-made proverbs.

Keeping that aside, everyone knows that the voting is pretty much in captains/coaches hands. So, Ronaldo will win it, but I hope Neuer to make the top 3.
As for coach, it's going to be close between Low and Simeone, with Low edging it IMO. WC is surely going to have a big say in coaches' category.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World