You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:46 pm

he will never reach this level... football wise, sportsmanship besides other virtues

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:he will never reach this level... football wise, sportsmanship besides other virtues

Considering Lahm never plays in offensive roles, then no. Otherwise, you just can't compare. Lahm is excellent in his own roles, Ronaldo excellent in his own.

That's why I think the whole idea of the Ballon d'Or is bogus.

For me there should be an award for:
- best GK
- best LB
- best CB
- best RB
- best CDM
- and so forth.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby krkla » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:02 pm

MUTU wrote:For me there should be an award for:
- best GK
- best LB
- best CB
- best RB
- best CDM
- and so forth.

There already is, the FIFPro World XI.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby runaway » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:03 pm

prasun77 wrote:a chelsea fan wrote:courtois is better than neuer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Being protected by a bus in front of you does wonders for a keeper. ;)

On another note, the finalists for the coaches are Simeone, Ancelotti, and Loew.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:11 pm

krkla wrote:
MUTU wrote:For me there should be an award for:
- best GK
- best LB
- best CB
- best RB
- best CDM
- and so forth.

There already is, the FIFPro World XI.

Well, it's different. In FIFPro you can choose different formations. Someone could vote for 3 CDs, or 3 strikers.

My version is not a formation, but the very best in every position.

Also, FIFPro is voted for by those with access to the Internet, some of which haven't watched more than 10 football matches in their life. I'd like a vote to be done by professionals only.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:19 pm

ottackon wrote:
runaway wrote:
ottackon wrote:Cristiano is the overwhelming favourite even if he lost in the first round of the WC.

It's not Ronaldo's fault his team is shit when they lose but gets all the credit when they win. That's how things are.

via Tapatalk

In a WC year, a champion of the world must win it. But that was before ..

Especially if you win it with style like Germany did... Neuer wouldn't have been my choice from Germany to win it, but maybe it's better that way so they can't compare head-to-head shit stats to a GK.

We've seen what is Penaldo's and Messi's individualism worth, a one way loser ticket to their home. It never was about the best player, it was about accomplishments...
Now it has became a prize of gratitude to Messi and Penaldo for being alive, if this trend continues they're gonna be the only ones to win as long as they're alive.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby krkla » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:27 pm

runaway wrote:On another note, the finalists for the coaches are Simeone, Ancelotti, and Loew.

Löw or Simeone for sure.

Löw managed to win the world cup which is only possible every 4 years + beating the host nation and pre-tournament favorites, 7-1.

Simeone won the domestic league, in what could be considered the least competitive of the big leagues + reaching the CL final and being seconds from winning.

Ancelotti won the CL with the most expensive squad in the game + won the domestic cup, which is not regarded in the same manner as i.e DFB Pokal and FA Cup.

What i find hilarious is that those Penaldo / Real Madrid fanboys, that argues that Neuer isn't deserving of the Ballon d'Or because the world cup "trophy" shouldn't be taken into account, does exactly that regarding Ancelotti. Arguing he won the CL, and not only that but "La Décima". As if he is more deserving because the club historically won their tenth trophy.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby runaway » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, it's different. In FIFPro you can choose different formations. Someone could vote for 3 CDs, or 3 strikers.

My version is not a formation, but the very best in every position.

Also, FIFPro is voted for by those with access to the Internet, some of which haven't watched more than 10 football matches in their life. I'd like a vote to be done by professionals only.

This is indeed a fairer celebration of the best in football. Football is a team sport and one player can stand out but he doesn't exist in a vacuum. Everthing that 'best' player achieved was with other players helping him.

I wonder if the coaches and players even have time to watch majority of games in a year. Sure they dissect and watch their opponents' games but do they watch a good sample of games of the majority of teams to have a credible judgment of who's the best in the present.

I think only journos can do that. Coaches and players have a deeper understanding of the game but they've been proven to be voting for completely biased reasons.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:56 pm

krkla wrote:Arguing he won the CL, and not only that but "La Décima". As if he is more deserving because the club historically won their tenth trophy.

They're idiots. The only thing I can think made a difference is that they had some extra pressure from fans. But hey, they're paid for it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:06 pm

I haven't seen Penaldo dribbling past a player for RM like never, if sees a defender in front of him, he'll just dive.
When he played for MUFC, he worked harder and you could see him trying to go past defenders...
Most if his goals scored for RM are 'Gomez' goals, like 70% of them, the other 29% are penalties which gives me the right to call him Penaldo, 1% solo actions.
I think he owns the record for most penalties scored in Spain.
If they kept stats about diving, I'm pretty sure that he set a record there too.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:23 pm

=D>
JANCKER wrote:I haven't seen Penaldo dribbling past a player for RM like never, if sees a defender in front of him, he'll just dive.
When he played for MUFC, he worked harder and you could see him trying to go past defenders...
Most if his goals scored for RM are 'Gomez' goals, like 70% of them, the other 29% are penalties which gives me the right to call him Penaldo, 1% solo actions.
If they kept stats about diving, I'm pretty sure that he set a record there too.
=D> :thumbup:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:16 pm

JANCKER wrote:I haven't seen Penaldo dribbling past a player for RM like never, if sees a defender in front of him, he'll just dive.

I don't know why I'm defending him but:

1) Here's a memory refresher for dribbles

2) In 2014, he scored:
33 league goals (7 penalties)
12 Champions League goals (2 penalties)

So yes he scores a lot of penalties, around 20% of his goals (not 29%).
And there are 2 reasons why:
a) Real Madrid have players who are super fast, so if one gets past a defender, the only way he can stop him is by fouling him, hence a penalty
b) He's good at taking penalties and scores a high percentage of them. That's also a skill. If our players had that skill in 2012, maybe we'd have won another Champions League.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm

MUTU wrote:b) He's good at taking penalties and scores a high percentage of them. That's also a skill. If our players had that skill in 2012, maybe we'd have won another Champions League.

Won't mind the rest, it's everyone's right to have his opinion about him. But don't take the right away from me of calling him Penaldo, I've given the reasons why... He's Penaldo to me, I knew a Ronaldo from Brazil but he doesn't play anymore.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 pm

And you know what some people with famous names do to not get confused with another famous personality... Use a different name. Why didn't Ronaldo use a nickname or something else... Because he didn't mind to be confused with the great Ronaldo.

I'm pretty sure that there are still people around the world that think the Brazilian Ronaldo didn't quit football.

IMO he's the biggest fraud of football that the world has ever known. From his move to RM and everything else that came after that...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MatZam » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:02 pm

JANCKER wrote:And you know what some people with famous names do to not get confused with another famous personality... Use a different name. Why didn't Ronaldo use a nickname or something else... Because he didn't mind to be confused with the great Ronaldo.

I'm pretty sure that there are still people around the world that think the Brazilian Ronaldo didn't quit football.

IMO he's the biggest fraud of football that the world has ever known. From his move to RM and everything else that came after that...

:shock:
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World