You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Let's hope it's over now. [-o<

Spoiler: show
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:28 pm

JANCKER wrote:Simeone: Atletico better get future Ballon d'Or recognition [source]
or what?

When I look at the facts and situation, Simeone absolutely deserved it to win tha award. What he did in last season is outstanding. I don't say Löw didn't deserve it, but to me the greatest football trophy decided the winner.

About the Fifa XI, I said that was completely silly. Godin, Boateng, Koke and Modrić should have been there instead of Iniesta, Kroos, Silva and especially Luiz. Everything else is just fine.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:40 pm

FCB general wrote:When I look at the facts and situation, Simeone absolutely deserved it to win tha award. What he did in last season is outstanding. I don't say Löw didn't deserve it, but to me the greatest football trophy decided the winner.

I agree. National team coaches get too much credit in my opinion: they don't have to deal with players with motivational problems or dressing room unrest because of transfer talks, and they coach very few competitive matches in a calendar year.

Ancelotti only got 2nd place because of Ramos' goal in the CL final. Had Ramos fired wide, Simeone would have been 2nd or maybe even 1st.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:41 pm

Anonymous votes won't help, if a person feels genuine loyalty for club or teammates, he will vote for them no matter whether the vote is published or not. And forbidding voters to vote for players with the same nationality or teammates only replaces one bias with another one, because it hurts those teams and nations most that have brought forth the most great managers and players. Either go back to the old system with only journalists voting, or establish some sort of gremium (and expect everyone to debate the neutrality of the gremium), or do away with the thing alltogether.

Miguel Herrera voted for Philipp Lahm, not Cristiano Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or - ESPNFC [source]

Mexico national team coach Miguel Herrera says he gave his Ballon d'Or number one to Germany's Philipp Lahm, not to winner Cristiano Ronaldo as FIFA's official voting record shows.... Herrera is not the only voter to quickly come out and say the official records do not fit with his intention. Atletico Madrid midfielder and Turkey captain Arda Turan has said that he gave his first choice to his club boss Diego Simeone, not Chelsea's Jose Mourinho as FIFA's documentation says.

Given what has apparently happened this time, I'd vote for the latter.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:50 pm

It's not the first time someone claimed to have voted for a different person. When this happens, FIFA should post the proof of vote online (the voter may have made a mistake or was lying) and if it was FIFA who made a mistake, they do a recount of all votes. I can't imagine how many others had their vote logged 'incorrectly' and haven't noticed it.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:51 pm

MUTU wrote:I agree. National team coaches get too much credit in my opinion: they don't have to deal with players with motivational problems or dressing room unrest because of transfer talks, and they coach very few competitive matches in a calendar year.

Also, they don't work every day. Well, they are working but in not that kind of rhythm with all duties the elite club coaches have to do. Everyday training sessions, matches every 3-4 days, injured players, bans... These are the most of crucial things where NT coaches can't get even close. On the other side, to be a NT coach of Germany, where talent pool is so huge, many options are open and always can someone hundredth jump in, prove himself and establish in Elf, as well as in the Spainsh squad.

Club coach doesn't have not as close as these NT options and conditions.

MUTU wrote:Ancelotti only got 2nd place because of Ramos' goal in the CL final. Had Ramos fired wide, Simeone would have been 2nd or maybe even 1st.

That would be even worse and Simeone would have been the only guy who deserved the award. With Primera and CL, team such as Atletico... Absolute winner! I'm a bit angry on Modrić because of that all since HE was the one who had taken that corner kick and Ramos scored it. :x :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm

About Löw: He has entirely different challenges to face than a club team manager. He has to fit together players who aren't only not used to playing with each other, but who are used to playing in entirely different systems, like players from Dortmund and players from Bayern. And he only has a couple of days, at most a few weeks for a major tournament, to accomplish it. On top of it, he has to deal with the club rivalries, form a team out of players who are expected to feel like rivals during the league seasons and are suddenly expected to play with and for one another. It was a significant problem during Euro 2012, as it turned out later, and some blame the failure to win the tournament on it. I don't think his job is less difficult at all, it's just different.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:38 pm

i too agree with redqueen about Low. And Low can only choose whatever they have in Germany to work with. He can't buy Ronaldo or Messi to the squad.

Both NT & club coach faces different challenge. I'm happy with Low or Simeone getting it. But it had to be only one winner.
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:45 pm

fearlesskiki wrote:i too agree with redqueen about Low. And Low can only choose whatever they have in Germany to work with. He can't buy Ronaldo or Messi to the squad.

Or Alonso, for example, when half the defense and midfield is suddenly out with injuries.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:01 pm

MillaMjau wrote:Let's hope it's over now. [-o<

Spoiler: show

I bet Sammer was making fun of Lewa.

Sammer: *opens arms* What!? It makes a difference whether I voted first or second?
Lewa: Did I really look that confused?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm

fearlesskiki wrote:And Low can only choose whatever they have in Germany to work with. He can't buy Ronaldo or Messi to the squad.

RedQueen wrote:He has entirely different challenges to face than a club team manager. He has to fit together players who aren't only not used to playing with each other, but who are used to playing in entirely different systems, like players from Dortmund and players from Bayern. And he only has a couple of days, at most a few weeks for a major tournament, to accomplish it. On top of it, he has to deal with the club rivalries, form a team out of players who are expected to feel like rivals during the league seasons and are suddenly expected to play with and for one another.

Good points. All true, but at the same time, he only needed to stand out against his rivals which were also facing the very same issues you mention. But I guess you can say the same thing about my argument regarding lack of motivation or transfer talks providing dressing room unrest.

But all in all, I still think the role as a club coach is more exhausting. Am I mistaken in believing Hitzfeld stopped coaching clubs because he couldn't keep up with it mentally, and took up the role of Swiss coach instead?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm

If Del Bosque deserved recognition so does Loew.
To win the WC is the dream of every player, coach, nation. Coaches are sacked because of results, his fault or not, there should be something to award a coach when he delivers results in the most important competition.
It was the WC year, Simeone was unlucky... but he wouldn't have gotten it anyway, ''La Decima" of Ancelotti would've weighted more even if in direct encounters Simeone stands better.
Coaches are sacked because of results, for nothing else... I'm not saying Simeone didn't deserve it for his work, but results are the main thing expected from a coach.
It's better when a contest has known standards like titles are, sometimes the best might not win but it doesn't leave room for speculation.
I heard most commentators referred to this WC as the WC of goalkeepers, it would've been nice if a GK was crowned in the end...
Simeone is a winner anyway...
Last edited by JANCKER on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 pm

MUTU wrote:But all in all, I still think the role as a club coach is more exhausting. Am I mistaken in believing Hitzfeld stopped coaching clubs because he couldn't keep up with it mentally, and took up the role of Swiss coach instead?

I don't know why he resigned but he took up the role of Swiss coach, and not of German coach instead. There were times when the DFB couldn't find anyone who was willing to take the job. No disrespect for the Swiss, but they aren't expected to deliver at every major tournament. And as the Swiss manager you don't have to deal with 80 million would-be managers day and night, and you aren't scrutinized by countless would-be pundits in the media day and night during major tournaments. If I only think of "the Lahm debate"... no one has seen the players in training, but everyone knew better than Löw how to play.

If we had gone out against Algeria, there would be no manager Löw, let alone world best manager Löw today. He owes both his position and his title to Neuer, and it's more than ironic that Löw won but not Neuer. Of course, that's why he said it's far more important to him that Neuer wins, and not he himself.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Making choices isn't that easy as it may seem... if he didn't win the WC this year, we wouldn't have heard of him ever again. It was put up or shut up, no one would've paid an eventual loss more than Loew.
It was put up and shut up for Ancelotti also... before he met us in the CL, they weren't talking nice things about him in Madrid.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Personally I think it was always obvious that Loew would win it (much like Del Bosque had done) but I don't think he fully deserved. Not taking anything away from his brilliant achievement, but it so happened that Simeone did miracles last year.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World