You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

AFC Asian Cup

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

AFC Asian Cup

Postby kofta » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:16 am

Anyone been following the AFC Asian Cup?

We're pretty lucky this time of year, having so many sporting events being played in Australia - the Asian Cup is one of those

I was watching the Iran v UAE game last night, and the UAE have an absolute GEM of a player in their ranks...Omar Abdulrahman

For those who don't know him (kinda looks like David Luiz actually), he's a winger/attacking mid for Al Ain in the UAE, helping Asamoah Gyan score goals for fun

I'd never heard of him before and had to do a bit of research, but turns out he's been pretty big for the past few years and actually had a trial with Man City in 2012 and would've probably ended up there, hadn't it been for an issue with his work permit

He's also supposedly been on a few European teams' radar since 2013

Have a read of this, it includes some highlight clips from last nights game

YouTube him...the range of passing skills and technique he has is phenomenal...
kofta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Asian Cup

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:32 am

He seems very interesting... =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sterndessudens » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 am

Went to the Australia vs Oman game. That was a one sided game while it would've been awesome to watch a Japan game if they played in Sydney rather than Newcastle or Brisbane or Melbourne. I just want to see the Koreans bring on their fully fit European players (plus Lee Chung Yong) squad later on in the finals stages
Last edited by sterndessudens on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby runaway » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:25 am

Yeah my NT played UAE before that David Luiz look alike ran the show. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the UAE players are quite young. What's surprising is China is doing quite well in this tournament.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Element » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

UAE kicked Japan Out in PKs After a 1-1

Surprisingly , Japan Stars Keisuke Honda and Shinji Kagawa Missed their Penalties

runaway wrote:Yeah my NT played UAE before that David Luiz look alike ran the show. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the UAE players are quite young. What's surprising is China is doing quite well in this tournament.

His Name is Omar Abdul-Rahman AKA Amoori , He is probably the best Asian-Arabian Player now , he is still 23 years old , and few years ago was ranked in the top Talents worldwide

He Scored a Great Penalty in the shootout vs Japan (Penalty a la Panenka)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Yeah watched that game. UAE scored first and Japan just failed to make most of the numerous chances they had. Another upset like Iran-Iraq which was also won via pen shootout.

Cheeky penalty by Omar.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Re: AFC Asian Cup

Postby runaway » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Australia wins it in extra time 1-2. Last minute equalizer by Son. Meanwhile, the Gulf members of AFC want Australia removed from AFC because 'they haven't brought anything to the relationship and keeps hogging the WC spots.' :lol:

Next thing well see, the Arab nations wants to secede from AFC and make their own confederation.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:47 pm

runaway wrote:Australia wins it in extra time 1-2. Last minute equalizer by Son. Meanwhile, the Gulf members of AFC want Australia removed from AFC because 'they haven't brought anything to the relationship and keeps hogging the WC spots.' :lol:

Next thing well see, the Arab nations wants to secede from AFC and make their own confederation.

via Tapatalk

They are not saying anything wrong - Australia is not in Asia as in Israel is not in Europe and shouldn't be part of uefa. but but but israel... better not continue writing
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but but but israel... better not continue writing

For Israel it's a disadvantage that they play in Europe, because the competition is tough there and they fail to do well at either club or international level. At the same time, inferior teams geographically-closer to Israel keep faring better in competitions (and qualifying for the World Cup, for example).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:57 pm

MUTU wrote:

For Israel it's a disadvantage that they play in Europe, because the competition is tough there and they fail to do well at either club or international level. At the same time, inferior teams geographically-closer to Israel keep faring better in competitions (and qualifying for the World Cup, for example).

but the uefa thing is a political move... cause israel is not recognized in the middle east...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

but the uefa thing is a political move... cause israel is not recognized in the middle east...

Yes but it puts Israel at a disadvantage.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:16 pm

It's better for them to play in disadvantage with Europe than with nations that want them extincted. You don't want to see Iran play Israel for example... :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 pm

JANCKER wrote:You don't want to see Iran play Israel for example...

To be honest I wouldn't mind :P
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:35 pm

The problem for Australia is, OFC is very weak and most of their teams don't play football regularly because they're not pro players. Asia has very few strong teams and even our strongest team is still not good enough for the Europeans. We can't exactly improve the level without quality competition. For me, these Gulf countries are whinging losers. They can't beat the Aussies, kick them out. :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby sterndessudens » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Oh well, I watched the semi final game of South Korea vs Iraq live and I knew that the final was going to be close. Didn't go to the final because of work but ended up leaving work early to watch Son score in the last minute of regulation at the local bar. Australia shouldn't be kicked out of Asia at all, if they were back in the OFC, then there's going to be games like that 32-0 scoreline against Western Samoa that happened ages ago plus the qualification of the world cup would usually means playing against the 5th place of CONMEBOL (usually Uruguay), and the sport wouldn't grow in Australia especially the AFC champions league getting a larger influence here every year with local sides winning the AFC CL here. Who would people see play- Australia or a Gulf nation in the world cup?
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Return to Football Around the World