You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Transfer Wish list...

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 pm

150m for a guy with a single season on his back, where has common sense gone? OMG.

(Not yours aterford, the collective world that thinks that is reasonable)

I don't think he will sell for such sums i think that is mostly the press. I think he will move for 80 or so, and that still is outrageous... This is why I think we should move lakes and mountains to sign Alexis and then wait for a young super prospect before he is widely noticed (+ Coman).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:150m for a guy with a single season on his back, where has common sense gone? OMG.

(Not yours aterford, the collective world that thinks that is reasonable)

I don't think he will sell for such sums i think that is mostly the press. I think he will move for 80 or so, and that still is outrageous... This is why I think we should move lakes and mountains to sign Alexis and then wait for a young super prospect before he is widely noticed (+ Coman).

I heard about Donnarumma going for around that price too. Madness. Donnarumma could turn out to be the next Rensing...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:48 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Exactly. What is currently going on is absurd. Clubs are paying 60+ million because they expect the next Messi, but they very well might get the next Balotelli. Moreover, for a 18 year old like Mbappe, it will be at least 4 years before it's known if they are a good investment, and at least 6 years before they start providing peak performance. I suspect that all of this will end with a lot of ruined careers and maybe even some bankrupt clubs.

We can't compete at that. It is not a good idea to compete at it. Reneto Sanches was a good signing, but 35 million should be the absolute most we pay for an under 20 player. What we need to do instead is develop our own talents and snap up other young talents before they get noticed. In fact, I will venture to say if a talent is well enough known to be seriously hyped on this forum, at least to the Mbappe extent that Mbappe has been, he is probably too expensive for Bayern as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, and Man U are probably already after him and willing to spend tens of millions.

On the subject of youth development, I would just like to point out that Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Hummels, Badstuber(who would likely be a first choice player for the NT without his horrific injury record), and Muller all came directly through our youth academy without any real development at other academies. Thus, we know Bayern can develop the best. Unfortunately, we haven't had many successes since Alaba, probably because the team is so much better nowadays and it's harder to compete for starter spots, but hopefully that will change in the future. Ideally, we would get at least excellent player per year.

On the subject of scouting, I hate to bring goalimpact into everything I post,
but it does suggest that there are a lot of still unknown talents [source]
as good as or better than the ones that are going for 50+ million nowadays. We need to be able to find these talents young and for very cheap. Under this standard, Kimmich was just about the ideal signing(although we could have gotten him for cheaper if we had found him earlier).

In short, I really think that we should not go on a spending spree of tens of millions for whatever young players happen to be appearing in the news frequently. We clawed our way into the European top 3 through youth development, clever signings, and the occasional big spend, and we should maintain this strategy.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 pm

In:
- Alexis Sanchez
- James Rodriguez
- Rudy
- Süle

Out:
- Lahm
- Alonso
- Costa
- Benatia

-------------------------------------------- Lewandowski --------------------------------------------
---- Sanchez (Ribéry) -------------------------------------------------------- Müller (Robben) -----
---------------------------------------------- Rodriguez -----------------------------------------------
-------------------------- Thiago (Rudy) ---------------- Vidal (Sanches) ------------------------------
Alaba (Bernat) -------- Hummels (Martínez) -------- Boateng (Süle) -------- Kimmich (Rafinha)
--------------------------------------------------- Neuer --------------------------------------------------

Hoping Müller can regain 12/13 right winger form.
Rodriguez will get the old glory under Carlo, i'm 99% sure.
With Thiago/Rodriguez in the midfield, we could finally manage to be less dependent on our wingers. Both will turn 26 this year, we'd have plenty of fun with them, that's why I wouldn't mind spending a bit more for Rodriguez.

It's going to be an expensive summer but that was obvious.
Next year, Robben will leave I think. Ribéry might add another year if he can still keep up. Then we have to find a replacement (Gnabry?).
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 pm

bastos80 wrote:In:
- Alexis Sanchez

I really don't think Sanchez is an intelligent buy. For one, he's rather old right now and would be a temporary stopgap for a couple seasons at best. Secondly, like Griezmann, he's gotten a lot of positive attention and, to be brutally honest, hype right now, so the transfer fee and wages would be sky high. I would honestly prefer some young, preferably unknown(so he's relatively cheap) talent even if they were unproven. Or Brandt, mostly because he's so young.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Manchu wrote:
bastos80 wrote:In:
- Alexis Sanchez

I really don't think Sanchez is an intelligent buy. For one, he's rather old right now and would be a temporary stopgap for a couple seasons at best. Secondly, like Griezmann, he's gotten a lot of positive attention and, to be brutally honest, hype right now, so the transfer fee and wages would be sky high. I would honestly prefer some young, preferably unknown(so he's relatively cheap) talent even if they were unproven. Or Brandt, mostly because he's so young.

Brandt isn't really capable of beating players in 1 on 1 on a consistent basis, just like Müller & Griezmann. Would be contraproductive.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:22 am

bastos80 wrote:
Brandt isn't really capable of beating players in 1 on 1 on a consistent basis, just like Müller & Griezmann. Would be contraproductive.

I think that people get way too hung up on dribbling. Dribbling is important in its ability to provide penetration(or transition to attack as I like to call it) of a defense. However, there are other methods of doing so. What Muller and Brandt do is offer is penetration through clever passing and movement, which is just as valuable in its own way.

Also, it's not like Brandt can't dribble, it's just that he prefers to do something more effective rather than risking losing the ball.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:26 am

While I agree with Manchu that dribbling is overhypep, I think Alexis would be the ideal signing. No available left-sided attacker is on a level as high as his and is as complete as him. He wouldn't be that expensive either because 1) arsenal will most likely HAVE to sell (and rather do it abroad) and 2) he will know it's his last chance to move to a tittle winning team. Also, he is superbly fit, he can play 4 more seasons easily.

Extremely well rounded, completely WC and cheap. He is ideal.

Also, intelligent dribbling is a huge asset against parked busses (which we face all the time).

I would 100% be on board with Bastos80's transfer wishlist. It would be a dream if it happened.

PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:26 am

Realistically, how much do you think he'd cost?
IMO, in the current market, even with all things considered he'd still probably cost €50m+.
(If the papers are to be believed, Arsenal have set a €58m price tag on him)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 am

If you think dribbling is overrated, let me just remind you of how we played with Götze and Müller as our wingers.
Yeah, wasn't very nice to look at. Especially ina posession based team. But I guess that's personal preference...
If we want a attack like Griezmann - Lewandowski - Müller we'd need 3 Thiago's behind that.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 am

It all depends on which way Ancelotti is planning to go with his formations and playstyle for the next year and beyond. Basically will the focus still be on having insane wingers or will we work a lot more through the center.

We all realize that the most urgent position we need to sign for are the wings after Robbery but the reality is that there really aren't that many WC options (not to the level that we can be satisfied in saying they can be 1for1 Robbery replacements). The most likely candidates for 1 for 1 replacements are impossible.

IF WC WINGER-FOCUSED BUT IMPOSSIBLE
Hazard
Willian
Neymar
Bale

IF WC WINGER-FOCUSED BUT PROBABLE
A. Sanchez

IF RISKY WINGER-FOCUSED BUY
Brandt
B. Silva

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reasoning and even preference is that Ancelotti goes away from being very heavily dependent on Wing-Play and based on this my transfer wish list is as follows

+ Veratti
+ Griezmann
+ Brandt/Silva

With the inclusion of Veratti - basically creating the best 3 man midfield in the world in Vidal-Thiago-Veratti
With the inclusion of Griezmann - Multiple through the center formations consisting of Lewandowski, Muller & Griezmann
With the inclusion of an unproven but younger high risk winger adding to the existing pool of Costa, Coman, Brandt/Silva

This will allow Ancelotti to have the strongest 11 for his bread and butter formations going forward variations of 4-3-3 (Tree), 4-2-1-2, 4-3-2-1,etc

But at the same time has the flexibility to play Griezmann or Muller out wide if needed or even play Costa/Coman/Silva against other teams for direct winger based setups. I believe that indirect impactful goalscoring wingers like Robben and Ribery will be impossible to replace like to like and might not be the way that Ancelotti wants to go towards > He could be looking at more traditional direct wingers for crossing and assists primarily and keep the central extremely strong with options across the board and multiple levels of flexibility with the mixing and matching of the following 6 WC players in - Lewandowski, Griezmann, Muller, Thiago, Vidal, Veratti.

Alright...snapping back to reality now
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm

bastos80 wrote:If you think dribbling is overrated, let me just remind you of how we played with Götze and Müller as our wingers.
Yeah, wasn't very nice to look at. Especially ina posession based team. But I guess that's personal preference...
If we want a attack like Griezmann - Lewandowski - Müller we'd need 3 Thiago's behind that.

On a wing :
Müller makes differences by his run without the ball, defensive or offensive.
Götze makes differences by his passes (not that much actually)
Douglas Costa makes differences by his 1v1.

With someone like Griezmann we would have the best of Müller, the best in passing/creativity and a good 1v1 player. But not amazing.

And I don't even talk about his capacity to score many goals. He scored 20 with Real Sociedad while playing on a wing (but different way to play sure)

The choice is easy between Griezmann and one of the other 3. Even if he isn't a true winger.

That's why we are some to think 1v1 ability is overrated if the others thing are not on the same level. Like Coman or Costa.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 pm

bastos80 wrote:If you think dribbling is overrated, let me just remind you of how we played with Götze and Müller as our wingers.

I don't think that is true. That heavulity depends on tactical setup. Müller has been highly successful on the RW before and can be highly successful again with the right tactics.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Coman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

I don't think that is true. That heavulity depends on tactical setup. Müller has been highly successful on the RW before and can be highly successful again with the right tactics.

Technical gift (in passing and dribbling) is needed to play on a wing in a possession team like Bayern.

That's why putting Müller and players like James, Griezmann, Brandt etc.. on the same line isn't right.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That heavulity depends on tactical setup. Müller has been highly successful on the RW before and can be highly successful again with the right tactics.

With Ribery on the left side and Kroos distributing in the final third. bastos80 is right, you'd need multiple Thiago's.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News