You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Transfer Wish list...

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby pyrasur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 am

aterford wrote:While I'd love to see many of these guys here, at this point I'm pretty much expecting us to go into next season with just Süle and Rudy and we'll hear KHR get up in front of reporters and saying things like "Our squad is complete, we don't need any more additions" "We're pleased to have concluded our business before the window opened" etc etc

I really hope not. I am kind of liking what PunkCapitalist says about how the general shape of the team needs to be in the next year, because I think it fits what we have currently, and it fits what's available in the market. And I think 4-4-2 is simply outdated and relies too heavily on wingers we don't have.

With Xabi gone I think it's easiest to take Thiago and stick him as one of the deeper midfielders and ask him to dictate the play. Defensively he does a very decent job, his passing range is excellent and I think dribbling he can get out of tight spaces to spring the attack. With Vidal or Martinez or (one day) Sanches next to him and another creator like James Rodriguez further forward. I think that's as solid a midfield as you can get.

The fullback situation is frustrating. We could avoid needing world-class fullbacks by adopting a three-man defense, especially with Süle coming in. But ultimately I've resigned myself that we will not see anyone like Lahm for a very long time. With Rafinha, Kimmich and Rudy I'm just hoping that other strengths can make up for this relative downgrade. And Alaba, I really hope he rediscovers what made him so good in 2013.

Attack is the big problem, and it's a little self-inflicted by the near-invincibility of Lewandowski. I think we went into the current season thinking that there was no one of the requisite quality who could occupy Lewandowski's role in the team who would sit on the bench for the one day that Lewy would be out. The goal was clearly to have Müller take up the position, in the hope that he played often enough that he had some kind of form that he could substitute for Lewy in case such calamity fell. In the event, Müller (for reasons discussed ad neaseum) was unable to do so. I had hoped that Müller could one day take up Robben's position on the right wing, and that he could be capable enough to do something at the striker position if needed. I still hope he could be a right forward that attacks somewhat centrally. I'm not as concerned here and I hope he and Robben can rotate on the right.

The left wing is the critical vulnerability. I don't want to see Brandt because I think he's good, not great. I really don't want to see Sanchez, though he is a great player I don't think he fits Bayern and I don't think he's been good for Arsenal. He gives the ball away cheaply. But he's a better option, and we do need someone that can play on the left forward spot, and take up a central role if Lewy is out. Because missing Lewy was awful.

It's that or in a year we give the keys to Nagelsmann with a blank cheque and ask him what he would like.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:Why overhaul our squad in that way ramsej? You think implementing a completely different system would still have us compete fir this trophy?

it might...
a three men defense comprising of Sule Boa and Hummels with Alaba and Kimmich as Wing backs...
CM with Thiago and Vidal or Martinez...
the guy behind the strikers will be Muller...
two strikers = Lewa plus Griezmann...

on the other hand if we play with a 4-3-1-2 we play as follows :
Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba
Vidal Thiago Javi
Muller
Lewa Griezmann

I like the formations and the general idea behind them, but not Griezmann in them; or, more precisely, not Müller's role in them. We need a more creative player behind the 2 strikers, neither Griezmann or Müller are the creative types. If we are to play a wingerless formation, we need a pure ten;

Lewy-Müller
James/Isco/Özil/someone

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 am

Don't know if Nagelsmann is able to think (this) big so suddenly...
Either way... We waited too long already, now we as fans gotta get used to makeover and overhaul and the connected effective setbacks internationally for one or two years... Question is: are we doing it on a transitory basis, or is our board yet again happy with falling back to second or third tier? Now for transition, "older" players are allowed, if adequately scouted and put in place... Rudy is not... A player of the likes of Rudy would be a kind of Lewa replacement... But we need someone with regular playtime... So... A winger/striker hybrid, a pure winger, a midfielder and/or right back... And fix Müller!!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 am

Yeah, I don't disagree with that, but if the last few years are any indication I just don't see a ton of moves happening yet.
Of course it depends on formation but I presume we will stick with 4-2-3-1 going forward, we'd see Thiago and Vidal behind Müller. Rudy and Sanches should get in on rotation and depending on where Kimmich goes he's in the mix there too. Müller is kinda the weird spot though....

I feel the same on fullbacks. Alaba has been downright bad this season IMO and of course Lahm is irreplaceable. I'm beginning to think Alaba would do better as a wingback, perhaps with Kimmich as RWB. So perhaps three at the back - I'd like to see any two of Boateng/Süle/Hummels with Javi as a sweeper but if Javi is played in midfield I won't complain either. Alaba, Bernat, and (I think) Kimmich can all play well as wing backs.

And of course, as you said, attack is the key concern. I suppose we could potentially extend Robben and Ribery a year further but we're already playing with fire with them. Both the main two we've been linked to - Brandt and Gnabry - also fall in 'good not great' for me as well and if we truly wanna compete I think we need better. I am kinda on the fence with Sanchez - on one hand, he can play well at LW and also work as a decent backup striker in a pinch...but is kinda old and expensive IMO. But we definitely do need a backup striker. It doesn't have to be someone world class (though I'll point out that in 12/13 we kept Mandzukic, Gomez, and Pizarro all on the roster and it worked okay) but there's gotta be someone and Müller won't cut it.

Anyways yeah....at this point I'd wanna see Nagelsmann sooner than later before risking Sanches, Kimmich, and Coman wasting away on the bench here....
aterford
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 am

Müller is no 9, but if he gets his shit together, he's a decent replacement... Unlike recently...
Robben and Ribéry extending means also keeping players away that want to play but know those two will...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 am

#12 wrote:Müller is no 9, but if he gets his shit together, he's a decent replacement... Unlike recently...
Robben and Ribéry extending means also keeping players away that want to play but know those two will...

Yup, that's my fear. Love those guys and what they did for the club, but can't help but wonder if it would've been better to not extend their contracts this year.....I have a hunch that some potential WC replacements have been scared off knowing they're the undisputed starters
aterford
I post all the time

Postby nm462272 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Continuing what people have said here - starting to make sense to move towards a 3-CB formation with 2 wingbacks. As it was mentioned, Lahm is irreplaceable and Alaba has been disappointing for a long time. If you figure that these players moving forward will be Kimmich and Alaba:

-both prefer playing in the midfield and contributing to attack
-accordingly, defense is secondary for both of these players
-Bayern will have 4 world-class CBs next season (Süle maybe needs a couple seasons to continue improving, and Javi may or may not be a DM, depending on how far back your memory goes)

Why try to shoe-horn in a solution (that is, traditional RB and LB)? Bayern should adjust to their strengths - that is, shift to a 3-man defense with 2 wingbacks.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Guys, we barely have enough fit CBs as it is, now you're implementing one more?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm not for adjusting our system to a player that hasn't been on his level for the last 4 seasons and someone who we don't even know if he's able to play RB at a top level.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ander_ct » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 pm

We have a great chance to see if Joshua Kimmich can fill our right back in the Confederation Cup playing in Löw German team, if he convinces Carlo then we can spend that money trying to get two GREAT signings (James,Verratti, Griezmann) and one GOOD sign (Warner, Bernardeschi, Brandt)
IN BAYERN WE TRUST
ander_ct
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Columbia

Postby endrity » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

It's clear that the team needs a bit of an overhaul and we need to strengthen before we lose even more touch with Barca/Real. Some of it is self-inflicted but some is just down to a bit of bad luck with injuries and players not properly developing.

I thought we missed out big time on DeBruyne and Sane, but with Robben and Ribery still playing well and Costa and Coman seemingly developing last year it was not such a missed opportunity. Now Coco have stagnated or even regressed this year. Add to this the Gotze fiasco and you can see why we suddenly seem in such a desperate situation upfront.

The midfield needs depth though hopefully Vidal-Thiago-Javi can hold on for next year. I don't know about Rudy, he seems like Rode/Kirchof purchase. I think we need to go after Keita personally.

I think Sule can make it, he seems a proper player to me. Kimmich faces a make or break season, hopefully he can deliver.

But the big decisions clearly are upfront. We were fortunate with the veterans this year but Ribery is probably done, though Robben seems like he has one more year. The big issue is what do we do with CoCo? Do we keep them and hope they recover next year or do we sell while there is still value. I am leaning more towards the latter. Sell high, go after Sanchez/Brand/Ozil. Sanchez also seems to play well as a false 9 to allow plenty of rest for Lewa.

If there is one year when we need to really spend big, it's this one.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm

bastos80 wrote:I'm not for adjusting our system to a player that hasn't been on his level for the last 4 seasons and someone who we don't even know if he's able to play RB at a top level.

I was against the 3 CB formation this season because we have too many wingers but if we agree that we must phase out Robbery and that Costa isn't good enough, it leaves no one. We have to overhaul the squad to keep the same formation, especially since Carlo seems reluctant to play Kimmich at RB. That overhaul won't be easy. Wingers are the most expensive players and fullbacks are scarce.

On the other hand we'll have 4 very good CBs, we can bring back Badstuber if we want to. We have some good midfielders and are rumoured to be after more. Strikers will be easier to get than wingers, probably.

It just makes sense, although it's not the only option. But I don't think Ancelotti will consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

No need to make wish lists, because Scrooge McHoeness will destroy all of your dreams :mrgreen:
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Sad but true

National Flag: