You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: [2017-09-04] Germany vs Norway

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm

We didn't try Sané as well... Neither can we be certain on deBruyne...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Because the upper echelons deemed these players to be too expensive to give it a try. That's pretty much confirmed for De Bruyne.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Let's help some of you to stop dreaming:

We will not sign Werner, unless he refuses an extension, and we wait the full three years until 2020.

No way RBL sell their star, and definitely not to a league rival. They are in no way comparable to Dortmund.

RBL do not need money.
RBL care about exposure, and Werner will be their star man (esp after a WC).

There are only two scenarios in which we sign him:
RBL nosedive and get in relegation fight or even relegate.
We sign him in 2020.

Stop day dreaming.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm

RedQueen wrote:Still don't get your reasoning. He has a contract until 2020, reportedly with no release clause. Why would they fear to lose him next summer? BTW, latest reports are there are negotiations for a contract extension ongoing. Him, Pouslen, Orban and Sabitzer.

Because if Bayern were after him, promising to make him the starting forward and increase his salary, he'd probably want to leave. I don't quite know what the financial plans of Red Bull are, but they have not shown until now the desire to compete immediately at the absolute upper echelon of world football financially like City and PSG have. That means they want to slowly build a brand with some, but not total, financial doping. That means that they will have to sell a player that grows too big for the club once in a while, like every other non-elite club has to, regardless of the existing contracts.

But they have shown they will be tough negotiators who are ambitious about building a strong team themselves. The might ask for an exorbitant fee were they to be faced with the prospect of losing both Keita and Werner in the same summer. Fees which Bayern seem to avoid paying. And while a contract up in 2020 will not be too long next summer, it gives Leipzig some leverage to do so. Therefore, maybe another one-year delay might be a good option for them again in order to reduce somewhat their asking price. This might serve us well since Lewa still has another 2-3 years, hopefully, of elite play in him.

Or you know, Bayern decides to spend mega-money and outright get him next summer. That would be great too.
Last edited by endrity on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Roonzil wrote:Let's help some of you to stop dreaming:

We will not sign Werner, unless he refuses an extension, and we wait the full three years until 2020.

No way RBL sell their star, and definitely not to a league rival. They are in no way comparable to Dortmund.

RBL do not need money.

We sign him in 2020.

Stop day dreaming.

from RBL he will go to either Real to replace Benzema are to the EPL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Let's help some of you to stop dreaming:

RBL do not need money.

We sign him in 2020.

Stop day dreaming.

from RBL he will go to either Real to replace Benzema are to the EPL

He'll go nowhere until 2020...unless relegation is an option. I have no doubts about this.

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Unless Red Bull decides to pay players the amount that elite clubs are willing to pay, and therefore take their financial doping to a whole other level which they have not shown so far, Leipzig will lose players sooner or later. Dortmund tried the tactic of selling them only in the last year so as not to lose them for free, but soon understood that it was actually loosing out of a lot of money by doing so and properly changed course with Dembele and Auba this summer. Once you realize you have to sell players, than it's about selling them in the most orderly and profitable way. You can play hard ball like they did for Forsberg or Keita for about a year, but not more than that.
endrity
I post all the time

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:12 pm

endrity wrote:Unless Red Bull decides to pay players the amount that elite clubs are willing to pay, and therefore take their financial doping to a whole other level which they have not shown so far, Leipzig will lose players sooner or later. Dortmund tried the tactic of selling them only in the last year so as not to lose them for free, but soon understood that it was actually loosing out of a lot of money by doing so and properly changed course with Dembele and Auba this summer. Once you realize you have to sell players, than it's about selling them in the most orderly and profitable way. You can play hard ball like they did for Forsberg or Keita for about a year, but not more than that.

Well, they could continue the financial doping, but losing players on a free hits 'em right in the nuts, what with complying with FFP and all that.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 pm

I think they will let him leave eventually, I just see no reason why this would happen on a Keita-esque deal because I see absolutely no benefit for them to agree on such a solution, as there is no release clause, and contrary to the Keita-situation agreeing on a pre-contract a year early would mean to lose money (with Werner's market value presumably rising), rather than cut losses as with Keita.

There's nothing to indicate that Werner will force a move next summer. Firstly, he already suggested that he'd like to stay and he's in negotiations over a contract extension, and secondly, even if he changes his mind, he simply isn't the Dembele type of character and his agent, Karl-Heinz Förster, isn't the one to incite him to kick up a stink, either.

About the Forsberg situation, one local Leipzig reporter said that Rangnick said in a meeting "we won't even sell him for 170m". I see no chance that they sell Werner for any kind of money Uli and Kalle are willing to pay - and on top of that, I highly doubt they will sell to Bayern at all. If Werner were to end up at Bayern somehow, that would need him sitting out his contract, or getting sold to Bayern in a roundabout way.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Re: Timo Werner

Postby Mircea_1984 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 pm

What do you think about him? Counting that he is born in 1996, 8 years younger than Lewa, that he will be Germanys first choice striker for the next ten years, we should stop beeing so emotional as with Robbery and think that next year Lewa will have 30 years. Him and Goretzka, and not Brandt, Harvey, Henrichs, are the german one to watch and no to lose them to aka Liverpool etc. I would really love to get in Werner next year or in 2019.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:32 pm

RedQueen wrote:one local Leipzig reporter said that Rangnick said in a meeting "we won't even sell him for 170m"

That's a very specific number, I wonder...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:What do you think about him? Counting that he is born in 1996, 8 years younger than Lewa, that he will be Germanys first choice striker for the next ten years, we should stop beeing so emotional as with Robbery and think that next year Lewa will have 30 years. Him and Goretzka, and not Brandt, Harvey, Henrichs, are the german one to watch and no to lose them to aka Liverpool etc. I would really love to get in Werner next year or in 2019.

Like....do you even read the other comments?

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
RedQueen wrote:one local Leipzig reporter said that Rangnick said in a meeting "we won't even sell him for 170m"

That's a very specific number, I wonder...

There were rumours that his agent had an offer from Milan for 70m (or at least that that was what the agent claimed - Sportbild OTOH said there was never a concrete offer, at least not to the club).

To cut the long story short. I'm just going by what I hear from the club and what my impression of Ralf Rangnick as a person is (whose career I've followed for a very long time). I think they'll sell him eventually, but they'll sell him when and on what terms they deem right, and they won't let themselves be pressured by the player or other clubs (if that happens, I can see them react even more stubbornly). Probably in two or three years time, as I believe next summer Forsberg will be allowed to leave.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:50 pm

^That's exactly what I am saying pretty much. The chance of them letting Werner leave next summer for a reasonable fee is slim. However, for the sake of everyone involved it might be better to have a pre-deal agreed so everyone can plan ahead and that is why Bayern should make their intentions clear instead of waiting two years. Otherwise, we risk getting left out if other mega clubs come in with silly offers - especially since Werner seems poised to break out on the world stage with the CL and World Cup this season and become a hot target in the summer.

It's true that we start to lose some leverage if he signs another contract but then again, if RBL deny him a move next summer when big teams come knocking, how much longer can they afford to keep him, new contract or not?

Of course this is pointless if RBL decide to pay elite-club wages, but since Keita left for a reasonable fee and no major increase happened for Forsberg, it seems like they don't want to play that game right now (or maybe ever, I don't know how rich Red Bull really is). They'll just try to delay some transfers as not to create too much havoc on the team and to provide ample time to scout new targets.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:18 am

With Werner being young, German, and most likely cemented as the national teams striker for the foreseeable future, I could actually see the board making a big money bid for him. Lewy has seemed unsettled and generally irritated, I have a feeling he won't be here in a season or two.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News