You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 pm

He still has a ways to go before he is world class but he has made great strides this season....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bbenno » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:36 pm

He is an interesting kid...should really have great potential. Makes sense that we are monitoring his development. But where he's supposed to fit in in the next couple of years, I don't know...SS, Striker?...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Alduin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:53 am

Werner is a great option for the future. The only problem right now is the formation. We are/were struggling to give Müller playing time (now that Thiago is injured, Müller will play more). Werner will struggle for minutes here, at least at the moment.

We also don't know how is going to be RB Leipzig transfer policy. Maybe they won't want to sell their star players.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:09 am

I like Werner but IMO he would be better served by staying at RBL for at least a couple more years.....He's getting quality first team minutes and it looks like RBL will be in a spot to have UCL play next season. I don't think it would make sense for him to come and be a benchwarmer here, needs a couple more years for development I think.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2017-09-04] Germany vs Norway

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:09 am

I think if Teemo does well this season in CL *just do what he does in BL* sugar daddy teams will come at RBL with 100m+ offers.

FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 am

FCB12Forever wrote:I think if Teemo does well this season in CL *just do what he does in BL* sugar daddy teams will come at RBL with 100m+ offers.

They surely will and it will be justified. We need to make an early move and hopefully structure a deal similar to Naby Keita where he comes in a year later, guaranteeing that Lewa has two more years as full starter.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 am

endrity wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:I think if Teemo does well this season in CL *just do what he does in BL* sugar daddy teams will come at RBL with 100m+ offers.

They surely will and it will be justified. We need to make an early move and hopefully structure a deal similar to Naby Keita where he comes in a year later, guaranteeing that Lewa has two more years as full starter.

Werner doesn't have a release clause. The only reason the Keita deal was possible is because of the release clause that could have been triggered next season.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am

True, but what I am saying is that RBL will be a very tough negotiator with us. They won't sell easily and cheaply. A promise of allowing them to keep Werner for another year, so they don't lose Keita and him in the same summer, might be something appealing enough.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Still don't get your reasoning. He has a contract until 2020, reportedly with no release clause. Why would they fear to lose him next summer? BTW, latest reports are there are negotiations for a contract extension ongoing. Him, Pouslen, Orban and Sabitzer.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Said it in the Norway thread already. There are no similarities between the Keita and the Werner situation. Keita had a release clause - a relatively low one by today's market standards - that could have been triggered next season. Werner has a contract until 2020 with no release clause reportedly. Plus, there are negotiations underway for a contract extension. I don't get the logic why RB would agree on a Keita-type precontract arrangement under these circumstances. If anything, Werner's market value will rise, completely the opposite of the Keita situation.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 pm

RedQueen wrote:Why would they fear to lose him next summer?

Because we're Bayern, and we take who we want from the rest of the league, because that's what we do 8)

Spoiler: show
Except Reus.
And De Bruyne.
And Sane (happy, #12?)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 pm

And Dembélé
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:42 pm

#12 wrote:And Dembélé

Do you really think we tried to get him from BVB?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:47 pm

RedQueen wrote:Said it in the Norway thread already. There are no similarities between the Keita and the Werner situation. Keita had a release clause - a relatively low one by today's market standards - that could have been triggered next season. Werner has a contract until 2020 with no release clause reportedly. Plus, there are negotiations underway for a contract extension. I don't get the logic why RB would agree on a Keita-type precontract arrangement under these circumstances. If anything, Werner's market value will rise, completely the opposite of the Keita situation.

Probably for the same reason Monaco agreed to a loan-sale with Mbappe.

Deferred purchase, regardless of release clause or not, is not exactly a new concept. If, by chance, Werner set his mind on leaving and made this known to the club - publicly or privately - regardless of a contract until 2020, this can be an amicable solution for all parties involved.

And, of course, FWIW, there's also no shortage of players who reportedly didn't have a release clause who ended up actually having one. So that's not a total impossibility, either.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:52 pm

aterford wrote:Probably for the same reason Monaco agreed to a loan-sale with Mbappe.

Deferred purchase, regardless of release clause or not, is not exactly a new concept. If, by chance, Werner set his mind on leaving and made this known to the club - publicly or privately - regardless of a contract until 2020, this can be an amicable solution for all parties involved.

Tell that to Emil Forsberg...
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News