You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby Alduin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I hope Werner gets better as I hope he will be our future number 9.

Quite interesting the subject of the trainings and tests beforehand. I wonder if we do the same at Bayern.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 pm

According to Hasenhüttl there were no more problems during or after the last training sessions (and apparently no negative reactions to the noise level in Dortmund; I'm pretty sure now they took him there because they wanted to test precisely that). Says he still has slight training deficiencies, he might or might not start vs Porto tomorrow.

As for your last point: I'm 99 percent certain the answer is no. We're simply not up to the standards of the league's science labs Hoffenheim and Leipzig in these realms, be it nutrition, sports psychology, performance diagnostics etc. (until 2 weeks ago we had an overweight, smoking fitness coach who was content with a 3 minutes warm-up trianing, and we just hired a coach who thinks that all of that sports scientific hocuspocus is overrated).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm

That's depressing. I thought by the 21st century this kind of meticulous attention to performance would be taking hold in more professions, especially those with a reliance on physical fitness. That a sporting club, especially one with the aspirations of Bayern Munich, is going almost backwards puts me at a little loss for words. Though I guess to be fair it's always going to be the Hoffenheims and Leipzigs that aren't quite at the top yet and have to find that kind of advantage that are going to be at the forefront of that kind of innovation, while the big guys are always comfortable with the way things were.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

I think it has less to with not being quite the big guys yet than with their club structures. I think it's no coincidence that it's the two "plastics" which are the avantgarde in the Bundesliga. In the traditional clubs there are too many encrusted structures and officials who have been in their positions for decades and hamper innovation. They feel threatened in their positions by any kind of change. I remember Rangnick saying that he wanted a sports psychologist back at Schalke in 2005 and was told by the hierarchy they didn't need one because they never had one. When he came to Hoffenheim, he asked for a sports psychologist and a sports psychologist was hired. While he was in Stuttgart it was even worse than at Schalke. Also said that he couldn't work like he does in Leipzig in a traditional club because he'd never get the ideas through all the committees.

That's why I'm actually glad we have these "plastic clubs". It's the same issue when it comes to innovations, start-ups are sometimes in a better position than big corporations. They have the structures which enable them to be innovative, and they provide the competition the traditional clubs need to come out of their lethargy. Without them, no innovation would ever happen, and the international competition doesn't sleep.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm

So I looked it up: combine "cervical spine" and "circulation" I got the response from Google, that is "stenosis". It is the pressing of nerves and blood veins by the spine itself, probably caused by physical contacts in one of the games. The symptoms are:

Numbness or tingling in a hand, arm, foot or leg
Weakness in a hand, arm, foot or leg
Problems with walking and balance
Neck pain

(https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20352961)

I agree, we need a modernized doctor squad to perform this kind of check. Or sometimes on some occasion, our players will mysteriously go out of games for unexplainable reasons.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm no doctor so I don't wanna be too speculative, but if you're familiar with former NBA player/current Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr, Werner's injury sounds very similar.

Kerr had back surgery which led to him having a spinal fluid leak. When cerebrospinal fluid leaks, it can cause dizziness, severe headaches, blurred vision, ear pain, nausea, vomiting, neck/shoulder pain, balance issues, ringing in the ears, and hypersensitivity to sound and light.
Such a leak can be caused by trauma (injury, or as a result of surgery, in Kerr's case), or they can simply simultaneously occur.

Like I said - I am no doctor - but it would seem to match up with the symptoms Werner showed and for the most part with the information we've been given. That to say - certainly more severe than just being addled by crowd noise or whatever he's been accused of.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby America USA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm

While at it, I hope he’s had his Brain tested too (MRIs to find anything fishy)
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Starts vs Stuttgart today (Stuttgart with the concrete mixer - eight defensive players in the line-up :roll: )

Sky had an interview with him today (in German, unfortunately). Said he's not interested in playing in Italy or France, only England, Spain or Germany. As a little kid he was a ManU fan. Said he's still dreaming of playing for one of the biggest clubs at some point, but nothing about which clubs, or at what point. Heard that concrete contract extension talks to begin next week in Leipzig.

He also talked about his injury. Said at the root is supposedly the severe hit he took at the jaw in the Confed Cup final vs. Chile. Right before the game vs Besiktas, he took another knock at the jaw in training, which was the final straw that in the end caused the blockade. After physio treatment, he's alright again, except for a bit of training deficiencies.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:59 pm

After this knocks maybe he starts to like Bayern.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby James11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

"He is a very good, outstanding German player with great potential, who will be a really good boy, I will continue to watch him and then report back to Brazzo, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and President Uli Hoeneß, which is my opinion To say something concrete to that effect would be premature. "

Jupp Heynckes, about Timo Werner.

Translated from German to English with Google translate :D
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby SilverX » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:02 am

RedQueen wrote:Starts vs Stuttgart today (Stuttgart with the concrete mixer - eight defensive players in the line-up :roll: )

Sky had an interview with him today (in German, unfortunately). Said he's not interested in playing in Italy or France, only England, Spain or Germany. As a little kid he was a ManU fan. Said he's still dreaming of playing for one of the biggest clubs at some point, but nothing about which clubs, or at what point. Heard that concrete contract extension talks to begin next week in Leipzig.

He also talked about his injury. Said at the root is supposedly the severe hit he took at the jaw in the Confed Cup final vs. Chile. Right before the game vs Besiktas, he took another knock at the jaw in training, which was the final straw that in the end caused the blockade. After physio treatment, he's alright again, except for a bit of training deficiencies.

i remember that hit on him in the confederations cup. That was nasty and I will never for the life of me understand how that was not a straight red (cannot remember the player that was the offender)

But I hope he follows the recent German players and joins us. I am still mad we let Sane get away. Werner needs to play at Bayern in the next few season.I think he can become something special.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Agent Süle at work, first working on getting Goretzka over the line, and now onto his next project :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:08 am

Rough patch vs Bayern. I'm gonna tell myself it's just that he didn't want to upset his future employer :lol:
aterford
I post all the time

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 am

Just wondering, is it weak mentality, or just that he still had problems with his neck?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Just wondering, is it weak mentality, or just that he still had problems with his neck?

What are you referring to? I'm 100% him getting subbed off against us was purely tactical, nothing to do with mentality or health problems. Though I don't think he seems quite back to 100% either.
aterford
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News