You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby Pelin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Selling players below value - and this has happened with Kroos, as well as others - has nothing to do with being a big club. It has to do with not being particularly good at doing transfer business. It's been justified with "we are not a selling club, we don't need to make money from transfers" but in the current environment, when you're competing with clubs backed by oil states, you can't afford that kind of attitude. Bayern are not the economic elite in today's market. Bayern can't afford to throw away money selling players below value any more than taking high-risk gambles signing 35m + "super talents" that end up being a flop.

Arab money and fabricated sponsors.

First off, Bayern is an economic elite in even today's market. yet, Bayern doesn't want to overpay or doesn't want to get into debt. instead they are spending big figures on non transfer related matters.Let's define the real problems.

Bayern has big disadvantages.

-CL market pool money. (now it solved, we will have 40-50 m euros increase after new Sky deal)
-new TV deal. (more than 30 m euros for BL deal,in addition, İnt. BL deals share is a big advantage for us. it hard to say something about potential increase without knowing deals, since nobody knows the exact numbers, İnt. BL deal has big potential to create revenue for us.)
-lack of marketing for years. Though Bayern is doing aggressive marketing job, it's not enough.if we use China-Germany parthership in our advantage, we can benefit it so much.
-low ticket prices. we should increase AA's capacity and also we need more Vip seats.reasonable increase is a must.

To create revenue, you must first create a revenue potential.

Bayern let Kroos go because of not to destroy salary cap. Also Pep wanted Alonso to replace him. otherwise, he could have left as fee agent the year after.

We are not a selling club. Come on guys, we can spend 150 euros easily without getting into debt even without revenue increases. This guys wasted around 150-200 m euros for non transfer related matters in the last 2 years.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:46 pm

This is getting OT now but Pep most certainly didn't want to replace Kroos with Alonso. Pep wanted to keep Kroos, he even made that a point when he signed on in the first place, that the club must not sell Kroos. And it wasn't an issue with the wage structure, either. They screwed up the wage structure with the Götze deal.

And the oil club money problem simply is a reality the club has to deal with (as all other clubs), whether we like it or not.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:24 pm

aterford wrote:
tflags wrote:
aterford wrote:Fun fact - believe it or not, Werner is faster than Aubameyang

Source s'il vous plaît. :P

Believe it or not but Auba doesn't even make the top 20 fastest BL players.

Auba could be the fastest player in the history of football for your information.

Spoiler: show
Just put a release clause in his contract and you'll see how fast he runs. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

The Bundesliga's top 10 sprinters

1. Karim Bellarabi (Leverkusen) 21.92 mph
2. Marcel Heller (Augsburg) 21.84 mph
3. Nico Schulz (Hoffenheim) 21.81 mph
4. Kevin Vogt (Hoffenheim) 21.80 mph
5. Mathew Leckie (Hertha Berlin) 21.77 mph
6. Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich) 21.74 mph
7. Bernardo (RB Leipzig) 21.73 mph
8. Timo Werner (Leipzig) 21.70 mph
9. Dayot Upamecano (Leipzig) 21.65 mph
10. Levin Öztunali (Mainz) 21.64 mph

But the data used on this stats are only from the last season. Auba has recorded sprint of 21.75 mph, and we all know he was clocked at 3.7 seconds over a 30-metre run - faster than Bolt at the start of his record-breaking 100m in Berlin in 2009.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby JANCKER » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 pm

That data is only good to see which players are fast, not who's the fastest... being the fastest in paper means shit, they ran faster in one situation, it doesn't mean they will always come in that order, they're not machines.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Pelin wrote:-lack of marketing for years. Though Bayern is doing aggressive marketing job, it's not enough.if we use China-Germany parthership in our advantage, we can benefit it so much.

This might seem off-topic but I have a word on it.

To expand Chinese market effectively, the most effectively way is to sign a Chinese player - AND START HIM IN BL. Yes, that is unbelievable. But doing otherwise, being, signing a Chinese player, and put him on the bench, will do the sharp otherwise.

I have case here. About two years ago Wolfsburg signed a Chinese player named Xizhe Zhang. Obviously he was not competent enough to start along with KdB, but Wolfsburg brought him in anyway, for apparently marketing reasons. From that point, almost every major Chinese sport channel started to broadcast Wolfs' games every single week. Only to find Zhang sits on the bench, or even in the stands. This quickly created a lot of hate among Chinese football fans (most of which watch football 1 time every 4 years, or only Chinese NT and complain when they lose). They hated Wolfs so much for signing Zhang and not letting him play, for making him a only a marketing tool. Zhang returned to China after 1 year, without playing 1 minute in BL, and apparently there are not a lot of people in China's streets wearing Wolf's jersey now.

Also, Bayern's summer campaign in China was horrible. You can come, and I was happy to see the number of Bayern fans has grown rapidly over the successful years since 2010. But losing your games, especially losing in a embarassing way, is not a good idea. Dortmund won in my undergraduate college stadium (never would have imagined any European powerhouse would one day come and play here) over Milan, I think they created some fanbase for themselves this summer.
FCB12Forever
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am

IsiahRashad wrote:The Bundesliga's top 10 sprinters

But the data used on this stats are only from the last season. Auba has recorded sprint of 21.75 mph, and we all know he was clocked at 3.7 seconds over a 30-metre run - faster than Bolt at the start of his record-breaking 100m in Berlin in 2009.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Top speed is not as relevant as acceleration in football. How often do players have the chance to reach their own top speeds? If there was a means to calculate acceleration I'm pretty sure that Aubameyang would be pretty high up the list.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 am

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The Bundesliga's top 10 sprinters

Send via carrier pigeon.

Top speed is not as relevant as acceleration in football. How often do players have the chance to reach their own top speeds? If there was a means to calculate acceleration I'm pretty sure that Aubameyang would be pretty high up the list.
I'm not saying that we can lean on this list 100 %. That's why I put the info for the first 30 meters on Auba's acceleration, just to show, as we all know - how explosive he is.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:16 pm

ESPN is reporting that Pool and RM are going at full throttle after Wermer but ESPN is famous for saying nothing:

Liverpool target Werner [source]

Liverpool target Werner
Germany's man of the moment Timo Werner is a top target for Liverpool and Real Madrid following a scintillating start to the season.

The 21-year-old looks set to lead the line for Joachim Low's side at the World Cup next summer, scoring three goals in two matches over the international break to add to his three strikes for RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga.

After already sanctioning Naby Keita's move to Anfield, Leipzig are understandably reluctant to lose Werner, but TalkSport says Liverpool and Real Madrid will test their resolve.

The striker still has three years to run on his contract and crucially doesn't have a release clause like the £48 million fee the Reds activated for Keita.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MiaSanFCB » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:29 pm

"At some point I would like to play for a big club"
"FCB is a big club but I'm not concerned right now"

Aka.....I won't say anything either way at the moment
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby German-American » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm

He is smart. I like his attitude of focusing on what is given to him at the present moment, he is showing maturity and leadership!!! Not the mention the interest with that comment!
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 pm

German-American wrote:He is smart. I like his attitude of focusing on what is given to him at the present moment, he is showing maturity and leadership!!! Not the mention the interest with that comment!

Let's wait it out. Not a superb CL debut for him.
FCB12Forever
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby endrity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

He needs to keep growing as a player. Last year was the first time playing striker full time for him after playing all over the pitch for Stuttgart. But it still seems like a cheeky way of saying "I'd like to go but let's not make it fully public".
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby James11 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Bayern must buy this kid. He is so good. I think he will click with Gnabry on left.
James11
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News