You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Thomas Müller

Postby shwas55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

Thomas Müller gonna be our 4th striker next year?

Thomas Müller who plays for our amateurs has a contract untill 2010, Hoffenheim and 1860 where after him, but our board werent interested in any negotiations about the top talent, Klinsi himself was against any move for the player as he is looking forward for the 19 y.o, to join the first team.

Müller Will be offered and expected to sign his first professional contract with the first team in the next few days.
Last edited by shwas55 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:10 pm

I`ve seen him, nothing special, but not bad for 4th striker. That means that Donovan will go back to US?

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Eritina » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:I`ve seen him, nothing special, but not bad for 4th striker. That means that Donovan will go back to US?

Nothing special? [-X It means you haven't seen him enough! :D
Eritina
Getting the hang of it

Postby shwas55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:I`ve seen him, nothing special, but not bad for 4th striker. That means that Donovan will go back to US?

Actually i think he is a good player he is only 19 so he along way to go, but the early signs are good, also you would think Klinsi know a thing or two about strikers and their potential since he was one of the best strikers in the world.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 pm

shwas55 wrote:

Actually i think he is a good player he is only 19 so he along way to go, but the early signs are good, also you would think Klinsi know a thing or two about strikers and their potential since he was one of the best strikers in the world.

I`m fully convinced that Klinsi are smart coach, but I know that Muller won`t be as great as Toni, Henry, Eto`o, Drogba in days. Hope I`m mistaken, but he is not Bayern quality. He is young. SO? Look at Balotelli, Rossi, Bendtner, Van Persie, Pato, Rooney[hate him, but he is good]. They are/were class strikers in their age. Is Mullers qualities near to them? I don`t think so! I`m a bit glad he will only get few minutes in season to play, other strikers are better!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:
shwas55 wrote:

I`m fully convinced that Klinsi are smart coach, but I know that Muller won`t be as great as Toni, Henry, Eto`o, Drogba in days. Hope I`m mistaken, but he is not Bayern quality. He is young. SO? Look at Balotelli, Rossi, Bendtner, Van Persie, Pato, Rooney[hate him, but he is good]. They are/were class strikers in their age. Is Mullers qualities near to them? I don`t think so! I`m a bit glad he will only get few minutes in season to play, other strikers are better!

You say he isnt as good as Toni, Eto, and Drogba dont forget these players were late bloomers, no one even heard of Toni before 2005. not every player in the world is Messi or Pato, some players develop later than others. We cant tell if he will be world class or not its just too early, however the signs so far are good wether he puts them together to become a star is remain to be seen.
Im not saying that he is ahead of any of our strikers (including Olic) he will be the 4th striker for at least the next 2 seasons no question about it, but lets hope he can get few minutes to play first team football first and then we decide if he is cut out for it or not.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 pm

You arent by chance an Arsenal supporter are you? The reason I ask is almost every Arsenal supporter that I have met is SO negative about everything for some reason. But then again I can see why.

He is good for his age and where he is at. To say that he wont be a world class striker is pretty short-sighted and ignorant. Im not trying to insult you but drastic things can change a player while under the right circumstances... atmophere, coaching staff, teammates... a lot of things. Im get as excited when we bring players up from the ranks as much as when we sign players like Ribery.

So if this is factual then I guess Donovan will be heading back to Galaxy... minus Beckham... apparently.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:40 pm

I`ve never seen him before, I hope he`s good! :)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm

shwas55 wrote:According to the Bild Thomas Müller gonna be our 4th striker next year.

You probably missunderstood that.He is going to get a professional contract shortly , but he will continue playing for the reserves team (probably for most of the time next year too) and its still up to Donovan who our 4th striker will be next season.

Besides , his natural position is ROM (and thats what he always plays in the reserves team) and there's where he can show his qualities best , but he can also play as an attacker (which he did in pre-season friendlies this season and in the first game this season against Hamburg).He is relatively quick , very skilled techincally and strong in duels , creative and has a great timing at headers.He has scored 8 goals so far this season in the 3rd league in 20 games , which is a pretty good number for a midfielder.

Just Hoffenheim's big interest in him (they even made him a concrete offer) shows that he's definitely talented (we'll see if he's talented enough for Bayern's first team) , but as we've seen in the past with cases like Deisler , the talent isnt the only element required for a successful career in Munchen.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 pm

MrLinky wrote:
shwas55 wrote:According to the Bild Thomas Müller gonna be our 4th striker next year.

You probably missunderstood that.He is going to get a professional contract shortly , but he will continue playing for the reserves team (probably for most of the time next year too) and its still up to Donovan who our 4th striker will be next season.

Besides , his natural position is ROM (and thats what he always plays in the reserves team) and there's where he can show his qualities best , but he can also play as an attacker (which he did in pre-season friendlies this season and in the first game this season against Hamburg).He is relatively quick , very skilled techincally and strong in duels , creative and has a great timing at headers.He has scored 8 goals so far this season in the 3rd league in 20 games , which is a pretty good number for a midfielder.

Just Hoffenheim's big interest in him (they even made him a concrete offer) shows that he's definitely talented (we'll see if he's talented enough for Bayern's first team) , but as we've seen in the past with cases like Deisler , the talent isnt the only element required for a successful career in Munchen.

I think,, it`s a bit harsh to take Deisler as an example. I believe he was going to be one the best who ever played for Bayern. but injuries kept him out most of the time :? you can take Podolski as a perfect example! his talent wasn`t enough to consider him as a Bayern star!
anyway, can you please post some videos of Muller, so, we can see what you see in him?
:o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Miss Dangerous wrote:I think,, it`s a bit harsh to take Deisler as an example. I believe he was going to be one the best who ever played for Bayern. but injuries kept him out most of the time :? :o

The reason I mentioned Deisler was because he had the talent to become one of the best players around the globe.But he wasnt just weak physically , he was weak mentally as well , he visited several psychologists because he couldnt handle the pressure of expectations.So not just the footballing talent is required but you also have to have a strong personality , continue training better , harder and deal well with throwbacks , such as serious injuries and the fact that you're just not making it into the first team.

The footballing world is harsh nowadays , not my comparison. :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 am

MrLinky wrote:

I think Klinsi want to use him as a striker as you referred to the matches he played with the first team he always played as a striker.
The article doesnt say he will continue playing in the reserve team its just saying he might be our 4th striker next season, when i read he will get a professional contract i assumed it means he will start playing for the first team, since he still has a contract till 2010 with the amateurs. I guess i jumped the gun :wink: sorry.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm

he should get loaned off.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MrLinky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 pm

He had a great game today and definitely proved that there's a reason why he got the professional contract with only 19 years. Looking forward to seeing more of him !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby xevi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:27 am

he will be our 4rth FW next year.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News