You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Lemar

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Lemar

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Arsenal's 35 million Euro bid was rejected by Monaco. It's expected that Lemar will stay at least another year.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:15 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Wenger is gone in beast mode. Breaking the bank. Hahaha. If they get Lemar we can start welcome Sanchez.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Wenger is gone in beast mode. Breaking the bank. Hahaha. If they get Lemar we can start welcome Sanchez.

So you're a Shitty supporter?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:55 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

By Warren Haughton:
TERMS AGREED, FEE NEXT Monaco star Thomas Lemar has agreed terms with Arsenal but clubs still yet to agree a fee for winger.
MONACO star Thomas Lemar has agreed personal terms with Arsenal – but the Gunners still have a mountain to climb to bag the winger.

The French international has told the French outfit he wants to make the switch to the Premier League this summer.
a long term deal on around £90,000-a-week has been agreed between the Gunners and the player’s representatives.
Lemar has another three years left on his current deal and the numbers agreed with the Gunners dwarf his current relatively modest Ligue 1 pay packet.There have been suggestions Monaco will try to hold on to their player for another year hoping his value will increase.The French giants are looking for a staggering £80million for the winger they bagged from Caen for just £4m two years ago.That is way off Arsenal’s opening bid of £30m which was rejected out of hand by last season’s Champions League semi-finalists and an improved offer of £40m got the same treatment.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a huge admirer of Lemar and despite Monaco stating the player is not for sale will push hard to land him this summer.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:10 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Barcelona have entered fully into negotiations for Lemar, also with an aim of blocking Liverpool, who refuses to sell Coutinho.

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Wish we were in the mix for this guy
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 pm

aterford wrote:Wish we were in the mix for this guy

While apparently he prefers the #10 position, he's an excellent winger as well. I am surprised how little we were linked to all the big time wingers that moved in the last 2 summers. It pains me because right now the Robbery situation is becoming a key problem for the team. And yet, Lemar is one of the many big time prospects that we simply failed to get involved for. Bernardeschi, Sane, O. Dembele, Bernardo Silva, Sanchez, Mane, Salah, are some of the big names that were available during this period and yet we were barely involved for any of them. Mane would have been amazing for Bayern....
endrity
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Just one of them is German... How would Uli know the others?
Also, none of them was available for a cheap second hand price to offload them to Juve short time later... So Kalle is out of the mix too...
Lastly, none of them fits the preference for experience and/or nepotism of Carlo...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 pm

endrity wrote:
aterford wrote:Wish we were in the mix for this guy

While apparently he prefers the #10 position, he's an excellent winger as well. I am surprised how little we were linked to all the big time wingers that moved in the last 2 summers. It pains me because right now the Robbery situation is becoming a key problem for the team. And yet, Lemar is one of the many big time prospects that we simply failed to get involved for. Bernardeschi, Sane, O. Dembele, Bernardo Silva, Sanchez, Mane, Salah, are some of the big names that were available during this period and yet we were barely involved for any of them. Mane would have been amazing for Bayern....

Maybe we will get lucky and he'll still be available next summer, but his price will have probably doubled by then. Honestly, for me he is every bit as good as Mbappe.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 pm

They're not really comparable... But us passing out on every winger proven on higher levels and relying on Gnabry and Brandt is daring at best...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am

#12 wrote:They're not really comparable... But us passing out on every winger proven on higher levels and relying on Gnabry and Brandt is daring at best...

Yea, as you know you and I have differing opinions on Brandt, but I can't help that we might be thinking just a biiiiiit too fiscally conservative. Brandt for €12.5m (rumored release clause) is a great deal in this market regardless of what you/I think of the player....But at the same time, guys like Lemar or some of the other wingers mentioned are only going to get more expensive. It almost feels as though the club is just digging in their heels and picking an arbitrary number and saying "too much". Sometimes you have to "overpay" (I put it in quotes as with the way the market fluctuates, what was once overpaying is now standard market rate) because you won't be able to get the same deal for the same money down the road.
Are we okay with the wingers we have for just this season. Maybe, not sure. But what about next season? We will need to add at least 1-2 wingers at minimum. 2 if both Ribery and Robben leave. and it remains to be seen whether or not Gnabry will cut it after his loan.

So (I'm sure I'm just repeating myself at this point), I don't know that Lemar is necessarily a "must sign", once-in-a-generation type talent, but at the same time I doubt we'll be able to get a player of his quality at this time next year for the same price. Even if they wouldn't start this year, I wouldn't be opposed to paying big for someone this summer knowing that a.) Ribery and Robben will be gone sooner than later and b.) they're only gonna get more expensive.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:12 am

Brandt MIGHT be a good addition for depth... Not good enough (yet) as a starter to contest for CL...
Deal? Maybe... Question is: do we wanna be an enterprise, or a soccer club... Being economically reasonable is perfectly fine... But the priority should be success on the field and not in the **** bank account...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am

I disagree with #12 on the evaluation for Sane and Brandt. Those guys seem to have everything needed to make it at the highest level of the game.

Yet, regardless of that, what I worry is that no real moves are being made to replace the veteran wingers who seem on their absolute last legs. Yes, I appreciate the fact that Bayern doesn't participate in the market madness. I appreciate the fact that we are the beneficiary of a very deep talent pool in Germany from which we draw a significant competitive advantage, especially compared to English rivals.

But not spending at all, even when it might be required is not a good strategy. Man U thought they could get away with that for years, thinking that their place as the leading English team and the benefit of Alex Fergusson could shield them for years. Once Fergie left though, they have had to overpay in order to catch up because their team was so depleted. Moral of the story: it's always better to improve from a position of strength. If other teams can smell you are desperate, you will end up overpaying. Not spending to bring Sane or Lemar for 40-50m might very well mean that we end up paying 80-90m for another star in a couple of years.
endrity
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News