You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Silva [Thiago Emiliano da Silva]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Silva [Thiago Emiliano da Silva]

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I like Badstuber but..... =P~
Can't see tweet? Click here!

WOW ...
If it was for me we'll go for it... 50-60million 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Tedesco wrote:I don't know... It just feels so wrong wasting so much money in a single player.

It is in a way, but considering that all other transfers (Lewandowski and possibly Rode), would be free, it is acceptable. If we consider a transfer budget of, say, 80 million/year (which seems more or less right by Bayern's standards), we will not go above that for Thiago Silva.

It's different from going the Real Madrid route of buying Ronaldo and Kaka in the same period, Bale and Illaremendi, and so on. Although I don't want to see Bayern start spending 50+ million on players regularly, this transfer is perhaps the only one that can strengthen the team. I say go for it. We won't need to spend big again for a few years.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 pm

He's such a good player, but he's at his peak right now. He'll be very expensive to buy and will have a very high salary. Furthermore, he's pretty injury prone and probably won't improve. He'll be great for the next two or three seasons, but he'll start to wear off after that. There's also the issue (?) of Bayern having an entirely non-German backline (Alaba, Dante, Silva, Rafinha (considering Lahm is in midfield)). He's a great defender, no doubt, but it's not the smartest investment.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:05 pm

AssemFCB wrote:He's such a good player, but he's at his peak right now. He'll be very expensive to buy and will have a very high salary. Furthermore, he's pretty injury prone and probably won't improve. He'll be great for the next two or three seasons, but he'll start to wear off after that. There's also the issue (?) of Bayern having an entirely non-German backline (Alaba, Dante, Silva, Rafinha (considering Lahm is in midfield)). He's a great defender, no doubt, but it's not the smartest investment.

Dante's on the wrong side of 30 years old, Boateng will be the 2nd defender most of the time.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Achilles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Signing T.Silva will be a massive one but I have my doubts because Hoeness said that Javi Martinez fee will be the ceiling,so I it's unlikely for our board offer more than 40m for T.Silva even if they do I'm against it,it's not that our defense sucks so much that they have to spend that amount for a single CB even if he is the best.On top of that he earns 12m per year and Bayern's top earners 10m-11m.
Generally such a quality CB is welcome of course,no doubt it's an upgrade but no need for Bayern to exaggerate,not at all.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:55 pm

AssemFCB wrote:He's such a good player, but he's at his peak right now. He'll be very expensive to buy and will have a very high salary. Furthermore, he's pretty injury prone and probably won't improve. He'll be great for the next two or three seasons, but he'll start to wear off after that. There's also the issue (?) of Bayern having an entirely non-German backline (Alaba, Dante, Silva, Rafinha (considering Lahm is in midfield)). He's a great defender, no doubt, but it's not the smartest investment.

In 2-3 years Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, etc. will also be nearing their end. We want to make the most of it while we still have time.

We are well equipped to remain a strong team after these players leave, with the likes of Alaba, Neuer, Muller, Boateng, Gotze, Shaqiri (if he stays), Badstuber (hopefully), Thiago, and so on. We'll probably still be able to compete for all titles every year. BUT it's unlikely that we will be the undisputed best. It's a fact of football, at any given period there is a dominant team that is the team to beat. They have all fallen after a few years, even if it seemed like they never would (like Barcelona recently, who were producing so many talented players it looked like they will keep dominating forever). The same will happen to us, and if we can get someone to make sure we win even more trophies while it is our time, then yes, I'm all for it regardless of his age.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Tedesco wrote:I don't know... It just feels so wrong wasting so much money in a single player.

It is in a way, but considering that all other transfers (Lewandowski and possibly Rode), would be free, it is acceptable. If we consider a transfer budget of, say, 80 million/year (which seems more or less right by Bayern's standards), we will not go above that for Thiago Silva.

It's different from going the Real Madrid route of buying Ronaldo and Kaka in the same period, Bale and Illaremendi, and so on. Although I don't want to see Bayern start spending 50+ million on players regularly, this transfer is perhaps the only one that can strengthen the team. I say go for it. We won't need to spend big again for a few years.

On the contrary, I think Bayern's increased revenues almost guarantee that we can spend big every year. In fact we can really aim at brining one key starter every year. And if you stop to think for a second that there are 11 starters, than buying one every year means almost a decade. That's more than long enough for a career at Bayern.

We need a top class centre back right now. But in 2-3 years we'll probably need a new right back, right winger, left winger, and arguably another central midfielder for you know who. And by the time we are done replacing them, then probably a new keeper, centre back and striker will be needed. And so on.

So if we can bring Silva this year that would be awsome, but hopefully keep Draxler within reach for the future as well.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

endrity wrote:On the contrary, I think Bayern's increased revenues almost guarantee that we can spend big every year. In fact we can really aim at brining one key starter every year. And if you stop to think for a second that there are 11 starters, than buying one every year means almost a decade. That's more than long enough for a career at Bayern.

Of course we can. My point is that we wouldn't need to. If we get T.Silva or any other top CB, unless someone leaves we wouldn't really need to make any big transfers for 2-3 years.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
endrity wrote:On the contrary, I think Bayern's increased revenues almost guarantee that we can spend big every year. In fact we can really aim at brining one key starter every year. And if you stop to think for a second that there are 11 starters, than buying one every year means almost a decade. That's more than long enough for a career at Bayern.

Of course we can. My point is that we wouldn't need to. If we get T.Silva or any other top CB, unless someone leaves we wouldn't really need to make any big transfers for 2-3 years.

Unless you want to replace Lahm, Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger within a summer or two, than the team better start planning now on how to deal with it. We might have a replacement for Schweinsteiger on the team currently with Kroos and Thiago but I am pretty certain we don't for the other three.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:49 am

endrity wrote:Unless you want to replace Lahm, Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger within a summer or two, than the team better start planning now on how to deal with it. We might have a replacement for Schweinsteiger on the team currently with Kroos and Thiago but I am pretty certain we don't for the other three.

That can only happen if we replace them with youngsters. You're not going to buy a superstar before it's time to replace them. Otherwise he will just end up on the bench and might want to leave again.

It is unlikely that all of them leave/retire in the same year though, so it's not that big of a problem.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:05 am

I don't get where everyone says we need a CB. Didn't we set records (or almost) the last two years in the BL for fewest goals conceded? Are we not ahead of last year's goals conceded? Didn't we just send an up and coming CB out on loan (Kirchoff) because there is no playing time for him?
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:38 am

OhioFan wrote:I don't get where everyone says we need a CB. Didn't we set records (or almost) the last two years in the BL for fewest goals conceded?

We have only 3 fit CBs, one of which is old and will possibly leave/retire at the end of the season. Next season we will have Badstuber back, but we do not know how he will return, not having played for one and a half years.

On top of that, Dante, while his form has gotten better since the beginning of the season, is still not as good as he was last year, in my opinion. Others will point to Boateng and say he makes a lot of mistakes, but I think he's improved a lot in that regard. I guess people want a CB who makes very few mistakes.

OhioFan wrote: Are we not ahead of last year's goals conceded?

After 16 games last season we had conceded 6 goals. This year we have conceded 8. We do, however, have more points.

OhioFan wrote:Didn't we just send an up and coming CB out on loan (Kirchoff) because there is no playing time for him?

I'd say Bayern see him as a midfielder rather than a CB.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Is it me or is the single pivot making the CBs as a whole suffer at lot? Brining in a CB unproven in such formations is like going round in circles. Just thinking out loud.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:05 am

I know their was nothing to this rumor but its worth noting
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 pm

I don't see anyone denying Thiago Silva's talent.... But I don't think he is affordable... Is he?
I really doubt PSG would let go of him for any (reasonable) price...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News