You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Thiago is earning €9M/year. If he extends he will probably want €12M/year at least.

My question is : does Thiago deserves that amount ?

He can be exceptionnal right now, nobody can denied this. But in very big games, I mean game after the winter-break in knock-out games. He still has never really prove to deserve that much salary while players like Vidal (€10M/year) clearly did.

On the other hand I'm sure Barcelona can't give him the €12M/year Bayern could give him.

I'm sure Bayern board will wait this summer and follow how Thiago figures in our big UCL games to decide about all this.

I just hope Thiago will be as great in the second part of the season as he was in the last 3-4 months and that Bayern will give the salary he could deserve in consequences.
Neuer
Kimmich Boateng(Süle) Hummels(Süle) Alaba
Martinez(Vidal)
Robben(Müller) Müller(James) Thiago(Vidal) Ribéry(Coman)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Bentonomo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes he needs to do good in UCL knock-out.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Let him do well in the Rückrunde and show his commitment to Bayern. If he doesn't he was another good player for Bayern. If he does he can be something great.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Far and away our best player this season and in his current form he's playing as well as anyone on the planet. No need to get cutesy with this one; even if it's a bit of risk he should get extended ASAP.

Best case: Thiago gets extended and continues in his current form
Worst case: Thiago gets extended and loses form or gets injured. We have to eat the wages some but we can still sell him, even if at a cut-rate. Or, perhaps worse--we don't extend him and he ends up walking away and a huge CL rival gets a great midfielder from us.
It's a no-brainer, IMO. Bayern is doing better financially than ever; take the risk to extend, the potential return is easily worth it for me.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:23 pm

He is the best in his position after luka modric and currently he is playing better than how iniesta is playing currently..no way we can lose a player who is second best in his position in the world..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:55 pm

It's when biggest game come than you judge a player if he is best or second best in the world.

Thiago is the second best MF in the world on the less important part of the season. Ok.

Now it's time for him to be the second best MF in the world in the most important part of the season.
Neuer
Martinez(Vidal)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby Roonzil » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Don't forget that there isn't an 'important part of the season' if the 'lesser part of the season' is crap. Thiago took us by the scruff of our neck in some games, dragged some in the team along to results that'll matter in the long run.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby rthebest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:29 am

Don't forget, replacements won't be cheap either.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:58 am

Roonzil wrote:Don't forget that there isn't an 'important part of the season' if the 'lesser part of the season' is crap. Thiago took us by the scruff of our neck in some games, dragged some in the team along to results that'll matter in the long run.

Yes there is a more important part
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby Coman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:03 am

Bentonomo wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Don't forget that there isn't an 'important part of the season' if the 'lesser part of the season' is crap. Thiago took us by the scruff of our neck in some games, dragged some in the team along to results that'll matter in the long run.

Yes there is a more important part

Yes. You can be good as hell in many games. If you are bad or invisible against the like of Real, Barcelona, Atletico, Juve, Man City, PSG or even Arsenal.. You're a Zlatan kind of player.
Neuer
Martinez(Vidal)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Coman wrote:Yes. You can be good as hell in many games. If you are bad or invisible against the like of Real, Barcelona, Atletico, Juve, Man City, PSG or even Arsenal.. You're a Zlatan kind of player.

It is quite amazing the mods keep allowing these kind of negative comments to continue. There isn't a single day where we can't discuss a player without having these kind of TROLLS throwing stuff around.

Why are we posting such crap in this thread, I wonder. Thiago didn't play vs the likes of Real. As a matter of fact, he wasn't even on the bench. The only Tiago on the pitch didn't have an H on his name and refereed from the sidelines. The only match Thiago played vs Madrid was last break's friendly and there are videos celebrating him.

Thiago wasn't on the pitch vs Juve either. When we was subbed in, he scored the deciding goal on extended time after turning the ball over himself and creating his own chance.

Thiago created the best chances vs Barza. Youtube has a number of highlight videos of the game and Lewandowski's strike and Muller's attempt came both from Thiago's chance creation after dribbling past Barcelona's lines.

Vs Arsenal? Really? You wan't to discuss Thiago vs Arsenal?

So can we please stop the trolls. It is getting tedious.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Funny troll thing again.

I don't talk about the past. I just give a list of great opponents. I know he didn't play against Real and that Bayern didn't play PSG in UCL yet.

But if you want to talk about the past :

Juve ? Was so average the first game he was benched the second one. He scored ? Yes against a really tired Juve when he came in fresh and at 100%.

Atletico ? Average the first leg and benched the second leg while Bayern make this BEST game of the season. And it was without him.

Arsenal ? You talk about the group stage game ? Sorry I talk about knock-out game in a second leg.

Even against Benfica he was one of the worst on the field. Sanches eat Thiago many time in that game.

His best game in a knock-out game ? Against Porto (6-1) when Porto was without Danilo, Alex Sandro and Maicon.

I don't know in which world you saw a good Thiago against Barcelona. All the team was bad. The second game ? Ah yeah against the Barcelona who played at 60% and where Bayern were already out ? Oh yeah good game from Thiago.

Actually trolling on Thiago is more like what many of you do : saying he was great in our biggest knockout games !

It's not hate. It's just fact. And maybe you won't trust me but I just want Thiago show I was wrong in the second part of our current season. And even if he does a great second part in big games, that will not mean than all I said was wrong but that Thiago improve in big game.

I'm not the only one to think that he has to prove in big big games.

ottackon wrote:Not yet a WC, he needs this kind of performance in the latter stages of the CL.

Is Ottackon a troll ? I don't think so. He is just a guy with eyes who easily see Thiago isn't the same in UCL big games yet.

And if nothing change and Thiago does like last season ? I will say an easy "Told you !".

Cheers

via Tapatalk
Neuer
Martinez(Vidal)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby Pelin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:59 pm

First off, selling Thiago for money is unthinkable because of our image which will harm us. 40 m euros is nothing compared to that value, also considering we don't need anyone's 40 m euros. Second off, it's very hard to find a creative regista in today's market conditions. we all know that signing Verratti will be very hard. On the other hand, l'd like us to have both Verratti and Thiago if possible.

Btw, l'm thinking that the news are BS. l don't think Barca is crazy to think they could sign our star players.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Coman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Pelin wrote:
Btw, l'm thinking that the news are BS. l don't think Barca is crazy to think they could sign our star players.

Why ?

I mean they just has to say "Don't extend and summer 2018 we'll do what is needed to buy you".

Sadly it's how it works..

But I don't really fear. Thiago's wages are at a high level and I don't think Barça can give him more than Bayern can give him. Specially if they have to extend Messi, Iniesta etc... and after having extended Neymar, Suarez, Alba and Busquets.
Neuer
Martinez(Vidal)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Some TROLLS overrate him so much !!
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Mexico

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News