You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:28 pm

<<<<<still a sad fact is that players have to be assessed upon their injury proneness, although way back when i was adverse to keeping Robben because of this and look what he has done for us.

I have seen Thiago in 2 games this season where he was absolutely brillant. Whereas he didnt perse get his name up on the board, he was the general of midfield.
One thing he has that others players lack except maybe for ribery is, in a standing position with the ball dribble well with quick acceleration. We certainly need more players like this on our team, an asset I think Barca has quite a bit of.

Still another injury and I´d say cash in our chips on him. He and Martinez as well.
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:12 pm

MUTU wrote:I guess it would depend on the tactics. I think we need a central player spraying crosses to our wingers. Old school.

That's exactly what Alonso is doing.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:16 pm

DerKaiser wrote:<<<<<still a sad fact is that players have to be assessed upon their injury proneness, although way back when i was adverse to keeping Robben because of this and look what he has done for us.

I have seen Thiago in 2 games this season where he was absolutely brillant. Whereas he didnt perse get his name up on the board, he was the general of midfield.
One thing he has that others players lack except maybe for ribery is, in a standing position with the ball dribble well with quick acceleration. We certainly need more players like this on our team, an asset I think Barca has quite a bit of.

Still another injury and I´d say cash in our chips on him. He and Martinez as well.

Since they've overcome their "main injuries", they had how many each, like one ?
Thiago got the same injury 3 times in a row which can't be a coincidence. Martínez got his knee completely destroyed. Both had to deal with the aftermath of those insanely long injuries.
I hope the board doesn't think the way you do, "cashing in our chips" on them when they pick up another injury. Luckily they don't seem to do so with the recent extensions.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I guess it would depend on the tactics. I think we need a central player spraying crosses to our wingers. Old school.

True that. But I doubt Alonso will be here in 2017/18.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Yeah, but Kimmich...:P
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Boateng :coffee:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 pm

It's so sad I'm tempted all the time to take our defenders out of defense and put them in midfield where they belong :mrgreen:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:It's so sad I'm tempted all the time to take our defenders out of defense and put them in midfield where they belong :mrgreen:

I could live with that - as long as we would actually still hane (another) defense behind them... :P
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:06 pm

#12 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:It's so sad I'm tempted all the time to take our defenders out of defense and put them in midfield where they belong :mrgreen:

I could live with that - as long as we would actually still hane (another) defense behind them... :P

Since we have Manuel Neuer, I could live with that - as long as we would actually still have (another) goalkeeper behind... oh wait :/
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:59 am

Lahm has been physically declining from his peak, he still has first class positioning skills to mask that decline, and that's a major reason he prefers to play in midfield (the other being he seems to enjoy it). That's also the reason he retired from international football. He'll retire completely from the game in two years and I suspect we might already see another rightback taking his position, at least alternating with him (unless Ancelotti moves Lahm to midfield).

The modern attacking fullback role is a physically demanding role, just like the box to box role is.

Robben has been declining also, age catches up with you. Ribery is also probably done.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:08 am

quaazi wrote:The more time goes on, the more I realize that Thiago and Kroos are nothing alike. When we had our winger troubles last season, Thiago was a breath of fresh air with his silky movement and ball control in the central positions, bringing play forward and making things happen. Kroos could never do that, despite his superb technique - Kroos simply doesn't have the physique necessary to dribble past players. And don't get me started on Thiago's criminally underrated defensive contribution...

I agree, Thiago has dribbling and ball control skills that Kroos lacks and he contributes more defensively than Kroos. Kroos has a better shot on goal though, and he's better in taking set pieces that anyone we have at the moment. And he has a good vision and he's a good passer.

I wish we kept both players but it was a pissing contest after which Kroos wanted to leave himself.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:57 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:
quaazi wrote:The more time goes on, the more I realize that Thiago and Kroos are nothing alike. When we had our winger troubles last season, Thiago was a breath of fresh air with his silky movement and ball control in the central positions, bringing play forward and making things happen. Kroos could never do that, despite his superb technique - Kroos simply doesn't have the physique necessary to dribble past players. And don't get me started on Thiago's criminally underrated defensive contribution...

I agree, Thiago has dribbling and ball control skills that Kroos lacks and he contributes more defensively than Kroos. Kroos has a better shot on goal though, and he's better in taking set pieces that anyone we have at the moment. And he has a good vision and he's a good passer.

I wish we kept both players but it was a pissing contest after which Kroos wanted to leave himself.

There's simply no way Kroos is better at set pieces than Alonso and Alaba...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:34 am

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:

Thank you. I was going to say the same.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 am

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:

True, Alaba has a good shot on goal on direct freekicks, Alonso is fine too. I was thinking more along the lines of indirect kicks or corner kicks.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby zozon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Alonso has lost a bit of that free kick magic, but IMO he's Bayern top free kick taker.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News