You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Improving his contract, is a good strategy for motivate him to progress and being much better than now.

People who mention Badstuber here, remember that he receive an extension when he suffered a tough injury in 2012, so those extensions means that Bayern still supporting them and at the same time, they can be more focus in improve on their skills, instead of being distract about money and a better contract.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm

People saying he isn't established are out of their mind. He *is* WC whenever he plays. The only "bad" match he had for us was the Barca game. Other than that, pure class, determination, will-to-win, exceptional passing and creativity, dream-like ball retention, out of bounds techninic, etc. He's at the stage of already being WC. If he stays fit permanently, he would be Balon-D'or contender level. 3rd or 4th most important player for Bayern (after Müller, Alaba and Neuer) IMO.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

The guy that called him a flop has a point about something. Let me make this clear:

1. Thiago is the best player to watch in Bayern. He's elegant with the ball, agile, he shows off (in a lovely way), creative, determined and has a winning mentality. He is a pure joy with the ball at his feet, he's a mini-Ronaldinho, really impressive

2. He also contributed in what was arguably the most challenging moment of the season - CL QF. Best player during the first leg, one of the best players and absolutely crucial in the second leg

3. His abstence is always felt. When he's not on pitch, we are more keen to use the boring U-passing and lack urgency to go forward. When he's on pitch, he usually takes the extra risk, brings the ball forward and improves the game

That being said:

1. He's really injury-prone. Not his fault of course, but if I was a coach, I'd refuse to rely so much and build the team around someone who is so injury-prone. He has also missed huge chunks of the past two seasons, including crucial moments (Real)

2. These "Ballon d'Or" comments are a little overrated. Impressive? Yes. But I don't see how he can control a midfield the way a Xavi or a Schweinsteiger can.

3. Pep likes him too much. Can we all agree on that? Ok, then forward to the next sentence. His obvious preference for Thiago may not be a good thing for Götze's or Højbjerg's development. That's not his fault of course, if anything, it's on Pep and to a lesser extend, Götze

So before calling the guy dellusional and a troll and whatnot, think about the other side of the picture
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby S4k4zulu » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Its ok. Hence he is overpaid, we can sell him. Im sure theres other teams that will pay him wayyy more money.
We can have enough academy players to cover him. We will win CL easily too...
This is 2015, wake up people..

Not to mention we bought him for peanuts. We saved at least 30millions.
You guys need to breath for the love of fcb.

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby krkla » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:28 pm

koraball wrote:last news

www.goo.gl/rab8ye

You + a week of chronic diarrhea = would make my day.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

albanian7 wrote:The guy that called him a flop has a point about something. Let me make this clear:

1. Thiago is the best player to watch in Bayern. He's elegant with the ball, agile, he shows off (in a lovely way), creative, determined and has a winning mentality. He is a pure joy with the ball at his feet, he's a mini-Ronaldinho, really impressive

2. He also contributed in what was arguably the most challenging moment of the season - CL QF. Best player during the first leg, one of the best players and absolutely crucial in the second leg

3. His abstence is always felt. When he's not on pitch, we are more keen to use the boring U-passing and lack urgency to go forward. When he's on pitch, he usually takes the extra risk, brings the ball forward and improves the game

That being said:

1. He's really injury-prone. Not his fault of course, but if I was a coach, I'd refuse to rely so much and build the team around someone who is so injury-prone. He has also missed huge chunks of the past two seasons, including crucial moments (Real)

2. These "Ballon d'Or" comments are a little overrated. Impressive? Yes. But I don't see how he can control a midfield the way a Xavi or a Schweinsteiger can.

3. Pep likes him too much. Can we all agree on that? Ok, then forward to the next sentence. His obvious preference for Thiago may not be a good thing for Götze's or Højbjerg's development. That's not his fault of course, if anything, it's on Pep and to a lesser extend, Götze

So before calling the guy dellusional and a troll and whatnot, think about the other side of the picture

I (obviously) agree on his injury record but: 1. I think (considering his huge quality) he's a no-brainer risk 2. I like him as much as Pep and think we all should, he's massive 3. The Xabi/Pirlo/Schweini role is not the only role a team needs (your argument is sort of like saying he's no Robben because he can't consistently dribble past 2-3 defenders).

Also, I meant no disrespect in any post :)
PunkCapitalist

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:This argument is **** pointless.

On that hotly contested Klassiquier at Dortmund two years ago the team wasn't performing exactly as planned. I watched the game from the edge of my seat on a German bar in the US. The place was packed full with Bayern supporters and a sole Dortmund fan which kinda reminded me of Borusse on this forum.

You could feel the tension in the air (and on the owner who kept jumping from table to table taking orders.) I looked quite foolish seating there waiting for M while typing on the chat but I could barely spend more than an hour alone without having to blow some steam somewhere.

Then Thiago showed up on the sideline waiting to come in. People started to clap their fists on the table in a sign of approval and exuberance. I had not felt something like that since Luke boarded his X-Wing to go and rescue Han about a hundred years ago.

The real bar owner (the German was his partner), an Austrian and avid Bayern fan (he looked older than AvatarX so he must have been pretty old) turned to me and said in all the years he had been with the bar (apparently more than 30 it would seem) he had never seen people so fixated with a player than this guy Thiago which he knew very little about. He said the faces of his clients whenever he played was something truly amazing and astonishing.

And we have people here saying the guy isn't one of a kind. Jesus God made a mistake somewhere along the development of the human race.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby nm462272 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 pm

TFlags - =D>

I'm not going to get into why the argument of "he hasn't done anything, he's injured, etc. why extend him" is stupid... there are a million reasons. Here's the most simple one, and it's the same as why any youth player is signed to a professional contract. it's all about POTENTIAL. If you don't get that, I feel bad for you.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 am

Let'S not get lost here in arguments and statements that become more radical over time... The guy is a great player, he seems to like it here, he knows horw to treat the ball and he showed hoe he could help us advance more than once - that being said: he still needs to play a whole season injury-free... 8m makes him one of our top earners, and its true, usually that's what long-time contributors and long-time outstanding performers make here... So might be a little much for what he was able to show so far, but ok for what he CAN do... If those next years turn out to be the same as the last few - then he can have all the talent in the world - it would be time to let go... Let's just hope we'll be able to profit from him throughout the season...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:04 am

tflags wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:This argument is **** pointless.

-snip-

Great post, but excuse me what did it have to do with mine? (Genuine question, pardon my lack of comprehension)

Thiago is quite possibly our most talented player and for the relatively little time he's spent on the pitch, I'd say he's easily paid off his transfer fee already.

This discussion is pointless because if some of these people haven't realised that for more than 2 seasons now, nothing will make them. Might as well describe a colour to someone born blind.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby endrity » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:38 am

He might or might not be Ballon D'Or material, he might or might not be better than Xavi and Schweini. Guardiola might have preferred him too much, thus hurting Gotze's development.
Despite that though, he's been an impactful player whenever he's played. So his extension makes a lot of sense.

For the record, I think that despite his wonderful and almost unmatched technical abilities he doesn't have yet the same grasp on midfield play that Xavi or Schweini did. Xavi rarely did any cool tricks or dribbles, and neither did Schweini for that matter. Iniesta was always the "cooler" of the two. But there is no doubt in my mind that Xavi was the way more important player. Tiki-taka was invented for him and as soon as he was gone, Barca/Spain had to alter their style.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Great post, but excuse me what did it have to do with mine? (Genuine question, pardon my lack of comprehension)

Nothing much. I read through countless of posts blaming him for getting injured (apparently someone is under the impression professional players choose to spend their careers visiting doctors and rehabilitation clinics) and finally found a post, in that jungle of nonsense, that actually made sense (yours.) So I decided to quote it. I am a member who in recent years has switched from arguing with the world to just follow the few, the proud and the good posters.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 pm

WE just signed the future captain of Espana... He might be injury prone these few seasons, but, he is the future of Munich and Espana.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News