You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcántara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:59 am

I doubt that Mandzukic will lose his place as a result of the signing of Thiago: he'll likely lose it more as a result of Pep's tactics.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:20 am

MUTU wrote:I doubt that Mandzukic will lose his place as a result of the signing of Thiago: he'll likely lose it more as a result of Pep's tactics.

Which go hand n hand (tactics and Alcantara) If he comes tactics have to be changed so... that is my point.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:44 am

I believe Mandzukic would lose his spot despite the signing of Alcantara therefore he's not losing it to him in anyway.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby raz25 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 am

The thing I don't understand is why haven't we shown interest until now. I mean we signed Gotze back in April, surely Guardiola could have also asked for Thiago much earlier. Could it be that we've been trying to sign him behind the scenes for weeks now or has he simply decided just about now that we still don't have enough midfielders :lol: ?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 am

I'm not really worried about Thiago automatically getting a starting spot. Keep in mind that both Fabregas and Piqué, Guardiola signings, we're benched a lot in 2011-2012.
Last edited by AssemFCB on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 am

raz25 wrote:The thing I don't understand is why haven't we shown interest until now. I mean we signed Gotze back in April, surely Guardiola could have also asked for Thiago much earlier. Could it be that we've been trying to sign him behind the scenes for weeks now or has he simply decided just about now that we still don't have enough midfielders :lol: ?

I don't think that's the case... If Bayern + Pep had asked for Thiago earlier, I'm sure he would have said a definite 'yes' much sooner... there is really not much left for him to decide over such an offer.

My guess is that Pep initially didn't want to bring us any Barca players out of respect for his former club fans... But now that it has been clear that Thiago wants to leave Barca at any costs, he has come forward and wants to pick him up....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:16 pm

I really don't see what he could bring to the team that we don't already have. Kroos would be affected by this the most imo...we REALLY don't need Thiago.

I can see this happening though...Pep wants him, he wants to come here it seems...considering some of the transfers we made, his transfer fee is next to nothing.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Like I said, if we bring him here, it should be on our terms... If we are going to endanger our young talents' development by bringing in Thiago, it should be the case that he binds himself to us for the long-term.... a 5 year deal is needed... So that we are not under pressure to sell him to Barca in like 2 years...

We can't sacrifice our long-term prospects for him, if he is going to be with us for a short time...

Another thing is that, Sammer and Co. should convince Pep that he should not sacrifice Kroos for Thiago... Toni still has tons of untapped potential and we need to develop him further for our future... If Thiago comes we should gradually think of benching our older attacking players like Rib and Rob, who are both very prone to injuries and may start to weaken in a couple of years... (as a result of probable injuries, it might happen sooner than we think)
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:34 pm

raz25 wrote:The thing I don't understand is why haven't we shown interest until now. I mean we signed Gotze back in April, surely Guardiola could have also asked for Thiago much earlier. Could it be that we've been trying to sign him behind the scenes for weeks now or has he simply decided just about now that we still don't have enough midfielders :lol: ?

He probably wanted to work with the players for a while to get to know them better. He said that we have lots of great players but none have the special qualities Thiago offers. He might not have known that before.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 pm

dambun wrote:Like I said, if we bring him here, it should be on our terms... If we are going to endanger our young talents' development by bringing in Thiago, it should be the case that he binds himself to us for the long-term.... a 5 year deal is needed... So that we are not under pressure to sell him to Barca in like 2 years...

We can't sacrifice our long-term prospects for him, if he is going to be with us for a short time...

Another thing is that, Sammer and Co. should convince Pep that he should not sacrifice Kroos for Thiago... Toni still has tons of untapped potential and we need to develop him further for our future... If Thiago comes we should gradually think of benching our older attacking players like Rib and Rob, who are both very prone to injuries and may start to weaken in a couple of years... (as a result of probable injuries, it might happen sooner than we think)

Thiago is not a winger he is mainly an AM/CM if he has to bench anyone who is old its has to be Schweinstiger :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Well this is promising apparently Thiago will be a Bayern player on Monday :D
Thiago will play for Bayern next Monday. The German club has already communicated to Barcelona soon deposited in the Football League the amount of the termination clause amounting to 18 million euros.'s Still the entity Barca player decided at the end of last season that his cycle at the Camp Nou was over. The contract between the player with Barcelona looked that up to August 1 the price of freedom was 18 million euros, an amount affordable for European teams as Bayern shortly show as did Manchester United , Thiago negotiating with a potential deal that did not materialize.

The first Spanish-Brazilian intention was to migrate to the Premier, but negotiations with the United never got to culminate. Given this situation, and with the express desire to Thiago, Guardiola came on the scene. Pep had no intention to take any of the Barcelona player, but the player positioning was crucial for Bayern entered the auction and will not hesitate to pay the 18 million euros in which freedom is encrypted midfielder.

Guardiola seeks to give a bit more ball, find your profile player for midfield European champions. Bavarian team coach was the one who gave the opportunity to debut in First Thiago and now returns to trust his daring play and what you can bring in a midfield full of strength and I might have some deficit in terms of quality, except for players like Ribery or Robben destabilizing, even more offensive than Barcelona.

The transaction price is 18 million euros, an amount for any tax increases, as happened with Javi Martinez, who deposited 40 million as a purchase of their freedom to play for Bayern. This time in the Barcelona Thiago goodbye does not apply and yes Decree 1006 FIFA rules which are not directly collects tax payments.

Therefore, on Monday confirmed the news ahead for Guardiola Cope's interest in Thiago, who will become part of the staff of the European champions. Another squad over leaving Barcelona discipline policy which is becoming common in the club president Sandro Rosell.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2013/07/13/el-bayern-pagara-el-lunes-los-18-millones-de-la-clausula-de-thiago-124874/

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:54 pm

dambun wrote:Like I said, if we bring him here, it should be on our terms... If we are going to endanger our young talents' development by bringing in Thiago, it should be the case that he binds himself to us for the long-term.... a 5 year deal is needed... So that we are not under pressure to sell him to Barca in like 2 years...

What's the point in bringing in a manager and coach if you're going to dictate everything to him? He needs to have some degree of freedom.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm

lau03143 wrote:What's the point in bringing in a manager and coach if you're going to dictate everything to him? He Ineeds to have some degree of freedom.

It's about taking care of our long-term interests... no dictating anything to anyone....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Just in case anyone is wondering what is going on with so much delay in this transfer; speculation now is that Bayern will not be paying the release clause but rather negotiate directly with the other FCB. It is beign argued there are tax advantages to this... for both teams.

I, personally, think it is rather the case that KHR does not want to have a nasty fight with his friend and ECA viceman Laporta... nice touch btw from Guardiola to go after the guy publicly just before making public his request to get a player from them; among other reasons ( :roll: .)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News