You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcántara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:The only thing I can think of is Schweini's fitness. Maybe he will need more rest this season and we've seen how our team is not the same when he is not there. I know we also have Kroos but Thiago could be a long term solution for Schweini's place

But even in that situation I don't like this transfer at all. Thiago wants to leave because he wants to be a starter and I don't think he could bench any of our players... But again, If he wants to leave to get more playing time and Guardiola convinced him to come here... then Pep surely has something in mind

People have to remember its not just Pep who is gunning for this transfer but the likes of KHR, Uli, Sammer, and co. also want this. In my opinion i think the board want to address the over reliance on Schweinstiger, we have all seen how Bayern look when Schweinstiger isnt playing and that isnt pretty. I wouldnt be surprised if this is Pep's and the board's answer to that problem.....

That's exactly it. We need to remember that Martinez and Gustavo together never really set the heather on fire. So my feeling is Thiago will play with Martinez if Schweinsteiger isn't available.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Sammer (director Bayern) wrote:"Guardiola urging us to sign Thiago? We're totally fine with that. But at this moment we won't comment." [bild]

Well, well, well........... 8) 8) :wink: :wink:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:59 pm

On a less important note; if this transfer goes through, could we name 'release clauses' - "The Bayern Clause"?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:43 pm

This smells like trouble. I have a strong feeling that our board will block this transfer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm

MoFattal wrote:This smells like trouble. I have a strong feeling that our board will block this transfer.

Sammer's words sounded way to ominous to come up with such a strong assumption. In my opinion they are a the very least seeing if its a possibility.....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

The press conference is still confusing me. It doesn't make sense to hold one just to discuss a transfer target without having anything else finalized. On the other hand, it still doesn't make sense to hold one without the management knowing what it's all about. There is really something "wrong" going on here.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:12 pm

MoFattal wrote:The press conference is still confusing me. It doesn't make sense to hold one just to discuss a transfer target without having anything else finalized. On the other hand, it still doesn't make sense to hold one without the management knowing what it's all about. There is really something "wrong" going on here.

What "wrong" is going on? There is no way Bayern management would allow Pep to hold a press conference like that and declare his interest on a player without their knowledge. Also if it wasnt coordinated then someone from the Bayern's board then it would most likely have been denied minutes after Pep answered his view on Thiago. I only see two paths, one is that Bayern are currently discussing whether or not to get Thiago or they are in the process of getting him......

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 pm

AdepT wrote:how do you see a 33-34yr old Ribery still starting every match?

It's simple. Look at Pavel Nedved. The legend! With 36 on his back he played from the 1st minute. :lol:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:29 pm

I honestly saw no reason for that press conference. All Guardiola did was strain relations between Barca and Bayern with an unnecessary rant. Furthermore, publicly declaring interest in Thiago will serve to unsettle like 10 different players at Bayern.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:24 pm

I agree with Assem. If the interest was just merely interest, then I see no reason whatsoever for the conference to have been scheduled.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:09 pm

MoFattal wrote:I agree with Assem. If the interest was just merely interest, then I see no reason whatsoever for the conference to have been scheduled.

So what are you saying their is more than just interest? ;)

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 pm

We're just playing "the game".

People read waaaaay too much into stuff like this!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jorge » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 pm

FCB general wrote:
AdepT wrote:how do you see a 33-34yr old Ribery still starting every match?

It's simple. Look at Pavel Nedved. The legend! With 36 on his back he played from the 1st minute. :lol:

Not that I want to get involved in this argument but you are comparing apples to avocados. Nedved's role on the field never required pace, he was a retention-distribution type of player, on the other hand I can see Ribery being not even a 3rd of the player he is the day he loses pace. Ribs can certainly play at 33-34 but I doubt it will be at Bayern, most likely Qatar, China or the MLS.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:34 pm

MoFattal wrote:The press conference is still confusing me. It doesn't make sense to hold one just to discuss a transfer target without having anything else finalized. On the other hand, it still doesn't make sense to hold one without the management knowing what it's all about. There is really something "wrong" going on here.

The press conference were something... It was strange but definitely not wrong... I'm sure the club knew what was going to be said in the conference... It was a pre-designed move... why? I have no idea!

Maybe it was a tactical move... tactics in negotiations, I mean... maybe they wanted to somehow delay Thiago's decision towards ManU to buy some more time... I don't know.... Maybe they wanted to gauge the possible negative reactions of our players after hearing the news.... or something like that... We'll have to wait and see....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News