You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcántara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm

AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Noahfcb2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Really strange signing. Almost no room for him with all the mids already here. :-k
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby EverFresh » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:36 pm

I will be glad if he comes, we are lacking depth in our midfield :roll:
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I came to a conclucion on my own "Being Pep-Sammer-Kalle"

Gomez departure changed many things.He left us room for another signing(midfielder or striker) Pep chose midfielder(Thiago) so that means T.Muller is our fundamental striker along with Mandzu.Pep at Barca in his 1st season made some mini changes,changed some details,he gave his philosophy,then at his 2nd year he made the "big changes" so I feel the same for us.
2013-2014 Muller as a striker and then comes Lewy,Pizzaro & Robben leaves so everything is fine.KHR yesterday made an interview about Lewy but BVB seemed hard as a rock,so they got Thiago instead of a striker,smart very smart.

Now I'm coming to Thiago Alcantara.Probably our CEOs saw what we were compaining about,a good replacement of our Schweinsteger.Everytime he got injured/booked we weren't balanced,actually 8 to 10 times we were crap.So here is where Thiago comes as Schweini-replacement(I suppose for 25appearances average maybe a little more because of his ankle problem) and as a long-time replacement,fits to our style,to our coach philosophy and it was a money bargain.

P.S:I still think that Thiago is overrated because he didn't make an impact at Barca or NT Spain but I can see that he has much quality and become a great player,that's for sure but at the big stage he is nothing compared to Gotze,Draxler,Gundogan,Isco for example
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 pm

The only thing I can think of is Schweini's fitness. Maybe he will need more rest this season and we've seen how our team is not the same when he is not there. I know we also have Kroos but Thiago could be a long term solution for Schweini's place

But even in that situation I don't like this transfer at all. Thiago wants to leave because he wants to be a starter and I don't think he could bench any of our players... But again, If he wants to leave to get more playing time and Guardiola convinced him to come here... then Pep surely has something in mind
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:The only thing I can think of is Schweini's fitness. Maybe he will need more rest this season and we've seen how our team is not the same when he is not there. I know we also have Kroos but Thiago could be a long term solution for Schweini's place

But even in that situation I don't like this transfer at all. Thiago wants to leave because he wants to be a starter and I don't think he could bench any of our players... But again, If he wants to leave to get more playing time and Guardiola convinced him to come here... then Pep surely has something in mind

People have to remember its not just Pep who is gunning for this transfer but the likes of KHR, Uli, Sammer, and co. also want this. In my opinion i think the board want to address the over reliance on Schweinstiger, we have all seen how Bayern look when Schweinstiger isnt playing and that isnt pretty. I wouldnt be surprised if this is Pep's and the board's answer to that problem.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 pm

That would make sense... but there's still something that I don't get at all

Thiago always said that if he leaves, it would be only to get more minutes because he loves Barça and he is suppossed to be Xavi's replacement.

So here in Bayern he would have more or less the same role but as Schweini replacement, who is much more younger and still has a lot of years of good football...

So he is a great player to have in our bench... but I think Guardiola has something different in mind because I don't think he would have accepted to come here just to be Schweini's replacement
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:That would make sense... but there's still something that I don't get at all

Thiago always said that if he leaves, it would be only to get more minutes because he loves Barça and he is suppossed to be Xavi's replacement.

So here in Bayern he would have more or less the same role but as Schweini replacement, who is much more younger and still has a lot of years of good football...

So he is a great player to have in our bench... but I think Guardiola has something different in mind because I don't think he would have accepted to come here just to be Schweini's replacement

Thats the 1m dollar question! :mrgreen: =D> :mrgreen: =D>

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 pm

hhhh4 wrote:It was not huge but it will be according to reports man u was offering him 200 000 a week.

Most reports are saying we will give him 4M/year
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 am

The fact no one from the Bayern brass hell! even a former player like Beckenbaur saying nothing about the Thiago to Bayern transfer means that either they are discussing whether or not to pursue Thiago or that the transfer is imminent because Pep's press conference was definitely planned and if it wasnt Sammer or someone would have denied it.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby jaybayern » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 am

wow this is turning out to be a very interesting summer.......cant wait for preseason.......and i dont think thaigo is overrated he did get enough time to show his worth and we have seen in the under-21 world cup how good he is when he gets the chance...........the kid was the best at that tournament by miles even better than Isco...so i think he is not overrated...and i agree this transfer is a risk but there is no gain or profit without taking risk and win or lose i know that we the members of this forum excluding the person who support dortmund he knows himself we will support bayern to the dying end
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:00 am

jaybayern wrote:wow this is turning out to be a very interesting summer.......cant wait for preseason.......and i dont think thaigo is overrated he did get enough time to show his worth and we have seen in the under-21 world cup how good he is when he gets the chance...........the kid was the best at that tournament by miles even better than Isco...so i think he is not overrated...and i agree this transfer is a risk but there is no gain or profit without taking risk and win or lose i know that we the members of this forum excluding the person who support dortmund he knows himself we will support bayern to the dying end

When you think about it this transfer is less risky than the Martinez transfer since Bayern were shelling out twice the amount of cash for a player not many of us even Beckenbaur was familiar with. Granted it was a position Bayern really needed but it was probably as risky as this transfer. But the thing that has everyone unsettled is that it may disrupt the players Bayern has now and that fear is what makes this transfer shaky. But in my opinion if the transfer was that bad the board would not be in so called "advance negotiations" an d they have rarely steered Bayern wrong and i trust their judgement. Especially Sammer he doesnt seem like a guy who would be swayed by Pep's charms and good looks ;)

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

I believe it's a risk for Thiago and Guardiola. For Bayern, not so much. If things don't go well Pep will get sacked, and Thiago might go to the bench (assuming he won't be already). Bayern are getting a very talented midfielder for cheap, that's excellent. Now it's up to Pep to make that work.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

Hey, remember when Ribery and the lot were complaining we weren't signing enough world class players? They got what they wanted now. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News