You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcántara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Exactly. If anything, another midfielder is the death bell for Mandzukic because it confirms that we'll be playing with a false nine to accommodate Müller, Robben and Götze (frankly any of the three would make a fine false nine in my opinion).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Mia san Bayern wrote:KOAN THIAGO

Unless Pep want to revolutionize the team in the CM position which would be completely useless because we already have 5 players who can fill this position (Kroos, Hojberg, Martinez, Gustavo, Schweinsteiger). So it would make no sense signing Thiago.

OH come on.................... [-X
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mia san Bayern » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm

quaazi wrote:Schweini goes abroad after hitting his 30s

Well I don't see Schweini ever leaving Bayern unless Pep has something in his agenda and we have seen many midfielders shine after their 30's (FE:Pirlo,Scholes and Xavi) and even if Schweini leaves or ages we still have Kroos and Hojberg who can replace them.

quaazi wrote:If Martinez drops to CB

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to drop Martinez to CB as we already have Dante, Boateng and Kirchoff who can fill these positions and Martinez has said that the CDM position is his natural one and we still have Gustavo and Can (which ok I have lost my trust a bit for him after the U21 tournament). So even if we would drop Martinez to CB wouldn't it make more sense to get a more defensive type of midfielder rather than an attacking type of midfielder like Thiago?
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Mia san Bayern wrote:Well I don't see Schweini ever leaving Bayern unless Pep has something in his agenda and we have seen many midfielders shine after their 30's (FE:Pirlo,Scholes and Xavi) and even if Schweini leaves or ages we still have Kroos and Hojberg who can replace them.

It's not a matter of Schweinsteiger going bad with age, it's him searching for a new challenge which I've always thought was very likely of him at some point.

Mia san Bayern wrote:It wouldn't make a lot of sense to drop Martinez to CB as we already have Dante, Boateng and Kirchoff who can fill these positions

Dante plays on the left of the defense, Kirchoff hasn't played one competitive game for us and Boateng might very well plateau out after his... decent... last season.

Mia san Bayern wrote:and Martinez has said that the CDM position is his natural one

Alaba says that CM is his natural position too.

Mia san Bayern wrote:and we still have Gustavo and Can (which ok I have lost my trust a bit for him after the U21 tournament).

Gustavo's passing game and one footedness isn't consistent with the type of player Pep likes to use as his anchor man. Can... you know. :|

Mia san Bayern wrote:So even if we would drop Martinez to CB wouldn't it make more sense to get a more defensive type of midfielder rather than an attacking type of midfielder like Thiago?

Think Barca for a moment. Their duo of Xavi and Iniesta on top of the trident in midfield is not at all far from a potential Kroos/Thiago combination.

Like I said, I'm not sold on this transfer at all, but if Pep wants to justify it, he can do it.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby the12th » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:36 pm

only reason bayern might need Thiago is to satisfy Peps whims,,, Alcantara wants to be a regular starter, in Man U it's possible, but at bayern it means that not PEH nor Can will have any development opportunities, and it will also mean, almost no playing time for Gustavo... in a worst case, it's pep opting for him instead for kroos, that would be a disaster....
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 pm

One thing that we haven't quite mentioned yet is how the Pep factor may have turned Bayern into the most desirable club in the world right now. We have the financial clout, the sporting success, and now with Pep we have the style, we're en vogue if you will. Right now, there's no reason why Thiago would pick United over Bayern given the choice, and that's an amazing point we've come to since the middle of the last decade with players like Hargreaves and Ballack.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Read the redcafe (manu forum), it's hilarious!
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:43 pm

We can always line up like this
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:44 pm

jesus fvck we'd actually gave 10 Champions League class midfielders with him, wouldn't we. :shock:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Read the redcafe (manu forum), it's hilarious!

They're trying to pacify themselves.
Midfielders don't do anything anyway. Apart from get injured or retire.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:05 pm

AssemFCB wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:Read the redcafe (manu forum), it's hilarious!

They're trying to pacify themselves.
Midfielders don't do anything anyway. Apart from get injured or retire.

Funny to hear this from supporters of a team who's legends are almost exclusively midfielders.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby S4k4zulu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:12 pm

AssemFCB wrote:We can always line up like this

Fixed it for u lol
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby imicus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Thiago can play in, at least, three positions, the whole midfield for sure, so you could have some options
imicus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 pm

quaazi wrote:It isn't that crowded, to be honest. If Martinez drops to CB, Kroos stays as an attacking midfielder, Schweini goes abroad after hitting his 30s, Can doesn't develop as expected and Alaba ends up as a fullback after all... things can move quickly in football.

To be honest: that's a lot of ifs. I am under the impression that Bayern will be selling Kroos or Gustavo if Thiago comes which I do not support because this will be a pure Guardiola move and it could be only one IF for the whole thing to backfire: IF Guardiola fails and he is gone in a year we could be stuck with an unhappy player after loosing Kroos, Gustavo. At the end, Kroos and Gus are Bayern tested products, neither Guardiola or Thiago are, of course there is a thing called new era.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 pm

I know it's remotely possible now, but I sure hope that the board would just say NO.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News