You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:If we were ever discussing a potential €100m bid for Robben, I'd have said go for it too.

Thant's all I needed to hear.

Why don't we replace the banner at the top of the forum while at it? We can put a nice sign reading "Sold for EUR100M" instead of the one that reads "Kings of Europe". :mrgreen:

MUTU, there are days when you really surprise me. :P

Eh, I love Robben, but he gets too much credit for the best season a club ever had, especially considering how he spent big portions of that season as a backup player.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Ok.... That's about as much as I can take in this discussion. :mrgreen:

Please don't stand up, I'll show myself out.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Achilles » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 pm

MUTU wrote:Eh, I love Robben, but he gets too much credit for the best season a club ever had, especially considering how he spent big portions of that season as a backup player.

No I don't think it's true just as many think and non-Bayern fans also, Robben's arrival made us from decent to world class or something similar to this, his transfer was somehow the turning point to make everything work. From LvG's head(inverted wingers,Basti midfielder etc) to the board's standards and goals, he helped us enormously to take the next step with his quality. As I said it wasn't only him but he clicked right away since he came it was like the missing part.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Achilles wrote:
MUTU wrote:Eh, I love Robben, but he gets too much credit for the best season a club ever had, especially considering how he spent big portions of that season as a backup player.

No I don't think it's true just as many think and non-Bayern fans also, Robben's arrival made us from decent to world class or something similar to this, his transfer was somehow the turning point to make everything work. From LvG's head(inverted wingers,Basti midfielder etc) to the board's standards and goals, he helped us enormously to take the next step with his quality. As I said it wasn't only him but he clicked right away since he came it was like the missing part.

Of course, definitely, he's a great player and helped us tremendously. I just responded to tflags' post that was suggesting that he was the sole reason for us winning the treble or something along those lines. At least that's the gist of what I got from his post.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Thiago is a very unfortunate player...
If it was not for his niggling injuries he would have been on the same pedestal with Iniesta and Modric ...
I don't wish to lose him ... but if we manage to the Thing again and he wishes to go back so be it...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Let's sign Goretzka for free and sell Thiago to Barcelona for 100 millions. They have lots of unused cash from Neymar's transfer and despite Thiago is a world class player, we can fool them to overprice big on him so we get the money for two firs-class wingers :D
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Achilles » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If it was not for his niggling injuries he would have been on the same pedestal with Iniesta and Modric

Cool down, We're talking about legendary status here :roll:

David Silva perhaps and I'd be more than happy if he reaches that level.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:Let's sign Goretzka for free and sell Thiago to Barcelona for 100 millions. They have lots of unused cash from Neymar's transfer and despite Thiago is a world class player, we can fool them to overprice big on him so we get the money for two firs-class wingers :D

Barcelona sold ~€230m worth last summer and have already spent ~€190m. That does not include a reported up to €50m in bonus payments for Dembele...so even if they don't pay BvB another cent they only came out €40m ahead. Granted that won't make up their entire transfer budget but in speaking to my friends who are Barca fans they are quite convinced the current financial situation isn't great there. Could they afford €100m on Thiago? Probably, but I'm not 100% sure right now. Many are beginning to question whether or not they can responsibly afford to purchase Coutinho (who seems to have been their priority for months now). If they spend €100m+ on Coutinho I don't think they'll have any business making an offer on Thiago. Not to mention they're now in the process of building a new basketball arena as well as a new youth football stadium (new basketball arena is going on site of old football stadium). And depending on who you listen to they may be wanting to go after Griezmann as well. All that to say - while I don't think your idea is entirely off - I just don't see it happening any time soon.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:51 am

Barça are desperate for Coutinho.

Thiago is not in their plans.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:31 am

I don't want this to happen at all, but Coutinho and Thiago are not mutually exclusive, just as James and Thiago aren't; one is an Iniesta replacement, while the other takes the Xavi role.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:38 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I don't want this to happen at all, but Coutinho and Thiago are not mutually exclusive, just as James and Thiago aren't; one is an Iniesta replacement, while the other takes the Xavi role.

Sure, but like I said - they only came out €40m ahead with the Neymar sale and if they pay more bonuses to BvB they'll be lucky to break even. That plus Coutinho sale plus all the non-transfer stuff they've gotta pay for - the money just isn't there for two mega-transfers.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby FCB general » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 am

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I don't want this to happen at all, but Coutinho and Thiago are not mutually exclusive, just as James and Thiago aren't; one is an Iniesta replacement, while the other takes the Xavi role.

Sure, but like I said - they only came out €40m ahead with the Neymar sale and if they pay more bonuses to BvB they'll be lucky to break even. That plus Coutinho sale plus all the non-transfer stuff they've gotta pay for - the money just isn't there for two mega-transfers.

Tax frauds always find the way to get what they want, don't worry about Barcelona. :wink:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Effenberg777 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:19 pm

selling thiago and buy goretzka will be a good move. thiago cannot control any big CL game.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm

FCB general wrote:Tax frauds always find the way to get what they want

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Well but then how in the world are they gonna pay 200-250M ? And they are short of defenders as well, so they might need to spend much more than that.

I can't see Barça signing both. It would make absolutely no sense
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News