You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 am

Müller is x2 times important than Thiago. Especially for now.
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:52 am

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:If we do this, 100% no doubt Uli and Kalle have to leave. This would be Manchester United level idiocy.

I too would back a 100m sale of Thiago. That's a lot of money for a player you can't rely on, or build a team around, due to the amount of time he consistently spends out injured.

I would be angry if we don't get at least 150m in this market. He is up there with the very best, I don't care about injuries. If the buyers don't like it, they can stay away.

I am also 100% against a sale even for that 150m though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dras_l » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 am

Thiago came to Munich only becuase of Pep and few months ago express his goal is to win UCL with Bayern. Later he will return to Barcelona it is only matter of time. Compare Thiago and Muller transfer is nonsece, Muller is our youth product and he didn't want to leave the club, even in time of bed reletationship with coaches. Most of you will be shocked when transfer fee in region 60-70 mil EUR will be anonnuce for Thiago. Price would be different (around 100 mil EUR) in case of transfer to any other club than Barcelona.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 am

MUTU wrote:What? Whaaaat?! Mueller is not a key player but Thiago is? Where do you get these ideas from?

Who has provided more towards Bayern, Mueller or Thiago? Really, it's a simple answer irrespective of how biased you are. Even if Thiago was by far, head and shoulders, the best football player of all time (which of course he isn't), he would still not be a key player in my books.

We are talking about 100m for Thiago. For oft-injured Thiago. That, to me, translates to around 400m if Thiago had the injury resilience of Messi/Ronaldo/Mueller. Would you accept a 400m bid for Mueller?

They are both unsellable in my view but since 2016 Thiago has been more important. That doesn't mean Muller hasn't been the superior player overall in their Bayern careers.

Muller is more irreplaceable in that there is no player quite like him. However, our tactics can do without him (and have done so many times). Thiago is not unique but is one of the best at what he does. You always need players like that, and at the moment only James is comparable in our squad, but even then, the two are compatible.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 pm

MUTU wrote:What? Whaaaat?! Mueller is not a key player but Thiago is? Where do you get these ideas from?

Who has provided more towards Bayern, Mueller or Thiago? Really, it's a simple answer irrespective of how biased you are. Even if Thiago was by far, head and shoulders, the best football player of all time (which of course he isn't), he would still not be a key player in my books.

We are talking about 100m for Thiago. For oft-injured Thiago. That, to me, translates to around 400m if Thiago had the injury resilience of Messi/Ronaldo/Mueller. Would you accept a 400m bid for Mueller?

Well, I'm not so sure I would want to discuss selling a player with the best contributions on the league as soon as he needs a three month break.

If that was the case, why didn't you discuss selling Robben? He was injured every second half of the season.

You don't like Thiago, I get it. You want to argue based on his injuries. And yet you discuss about brining Badstuber back. How should we read that?

And please, no talk about bias. Not after what I just mentioned.

And yes, I'm well aware about the implications of discussing the sale of Mueller. But as soon as you mention he spent close to two years on the bench healthy instead of on the pitch people get funny. To me that is quite biased. So please, you seriously want to discuss biases?

So no, I wouldn't sell Mueller. But it seems to me you berate Thiago so much you rather argue a player's contributions from three years ago rather than three months. Again, how shoud I read that?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:If we do this, 100% no doubt Uli and Kalle have to leave. This would be Manchester United level idiocy.

I too would back a 100m sale of Thiago. That's a lot of money for a player you can't rely on, or build a team around, due to the amount of time he consistently spends out injured.

I would be angry if we don't get at least 150m in this market. He is up there with the very best, I don't care about injuries. If the buyers don't like it, they can stay away.

I am also 100% against a sale even for that 150m though.

What market? Please name the highest transfer paid for a player who play around half a season. I'm asking because I can't think of one.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe Gareth Bale.
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:Maybe Gareth Bale.

Bale missed 21 matches through injury for Tottenham in all his four seasons preceding his transfer to Real Madrid. Thiago twice had injuries at Bayern whereby he missed more matches than what Bale had missed in four seasons.

They're not even comparable.

Usually oft-injured players are sold for peanuts. Many end up leaving on free transfers. Just looking at Bayern, we had Zickler, Salihamidzic, Goerlitz and Badstuber leaving for free.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm

FCB general wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Ok..I have some good news for guys like you..now happy?

It's a pure joke, nobody noticed the small detail. There's no February 29 2018. :mrgreen:

Finally someone..I was getting irritated and I would have posted it myself in sometime..
Thanks bro..

As I said before..
There's no upgrade for Thiago. Thiago is not leaving. EOD.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:11 pm

It's mental to even be entertaining this discussion at the moment TBH
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:14 pm

tflags wrote:

Well, I'm not so sure I would want to discuss selling a player with the best contributions on the league as soon as he needs a three month break.

If that was the case, why didn't you discuss selling Robben? He was injured every second half of the season.

If we were ever discussing a potential €100m bid for Robben, I'd have said go for it too.

tflags wrote:You don't like Thiago, I get it.

Repeating this over and over again won't make it true. You even said it to me during that car ride to the Allianz, remember? :) I don't dislike Thiago, but I'm not his fanboy either.

tflags wrote:You want to argue based on his injuries. And yet you discuss about brining Badstuber back. How should we read that?

I'm sorry, if I ever wrote anything about bringing Badstuber back to Bayern I apologise for I neither have any recollection of it nor was I probably sober.

tflags wrote:And please, no talk about bias. Not after what I just mentioned.

I don't understand.

tflags wrote:And yes, I'm well aware about the implications of discussing the sale of Mueller. But as soon as you mention he spent close to two years on the bench healthy instead of on the pitch people get funny. To me that is quite biased. So please, you seriously want to discuss biases?

So no, I wouldn't sell Mueller. But it seems to me you berate Thiago so much you rather argue a player's contributions from three years ago rather than three months. Again, how shoud I read that?

Let me explain what I mean by contributions. It means matches played, goals scored, assists made. This is Thiago's 5th season. Last season was the only season during which he racked up more playing minutes than Mueller. If you want to base it off last season, that's OK. If you want to base it on the timespan during which both of them played for Bayern, Mueller has simply played more, scored more goals and assisted more goals. Oh, and lifted a World Cup to boot. That's what I mean about contribution.

It's no surprise that Mueller, who is only 2 years Thiago's senior, is much more famous than Thiago Alcantara. Being famous makes a player more marketable, and thus raises the player's market value. Can you name a single player in the world who is less famous than Thiago and equally skilled as him? I bet not, despite Thiago having played for two European powerhouses.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 pm

MUTU wrote:If we were ever discussing a potential €100m bid for Robben, I'd have said go for it too.

Thant's all I needed to hear.

Why don't we replace the banner at the top of the forum while at it? We can put a nice sign reading "Sold for EUR100M" instead of the one that reads "Kings of Europe". :mrgreen:

MUTU, there are days when you really surprise me. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Can you name a single player in the world who is less famous than Thiago and equally skilled as him? I bet not, despite Thiago having played for two European powerhouses.

Saúl, Hamsik, Carrasco. Do you want me to go on?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm

prasun77 wrote:There's no upgrade for Thiago.

If you look solely at in-form skills, then you're right, it would be difficult if not impossible to upgrade with our current market spending powers. However, we can very well get an upgrade in terms of having a player around which you can reliably form a team around. You would simply be bonkers if you try building a team around Thiago given his injury history. If he wasn't so oft-injured, I would be all for building a team around him, but we simply can't. Unfortunately, he's our new Scholl/Deisler.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:33 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Can you name a single player in the world who is less famous than Thiago and equally skilled as him? I bet not, despite Thiago having played for two European powerhouses.

Saúl, Hamsik, Carrasco. Do you want me to go on?

Neither of these three players are, as far as I know, as injury prone as Thiago. Would you go on record saying you'd be happy with Bayern doing a straight-swap with either of them, given how much you love Thiago? Because, if you seriously think they're as good as Thiago (I don't and according to you I don't even like Thiago!) and they're less injury prone than him, then a straight swap is surely a big win for Bayern, no?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News