You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm

prasun77 wrote:Remember landon donovan? he was even decent with everton..
I'd rather go for someone more proven..because we can..we are bayern we can attract better players even for our bench..

I do not see how Donovan (an American and a MLS developed player) relates to Nikolic ( a Serb-Hungarian who developed as a player just across the border from Germany, in Hungary and Poland)

Are we spending big in January to bring a second striker? I go for that too.

Just out of curiosity, can you give us some names of the strikers that we could come in January for our bench?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby prasun77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm

giroud ibisevic kiessling not world class but established.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 am

prasun77 wrote:giroud ibisevic kiessling not world class but established.

Kießling is almost 34 and hasn't played a single minute for months now, in his case I do not think he will be better than a younger and faster Nikolic. In such case I can seriously consider bringing back Luca Toni or Pizzarro from retirement :oops:

Giroud sucks and if you disagree you can get a second opinion and you will be told again that Giroud sucks.

Ibišević: He has something going on at Hertha so I doubt that he will come to sit on the bench in Munich when he is on the verge of retirement, it is not like Hertha is threatened by relegation or anything of that nature so he is seeing the field almost the 90 minutes each week. BTW, I was under the impression that you were skeptical of players that came from the United States system.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Robert Lewandowski: "It would definitely be an option to sign a hungry, young striker who wants to learn from an experienced player" [SportBild]

It would be a relief for me to play 15 or 20 minutes less in a game, then you have more energy for the next games and a higher probability of staying fit and minimising the risk of injury,of course, the club hierarchy will decide which striker is worth considering, but clearly we aren't talking about a top international striker.

Strikers of this calibre want to be on the pitch themselves during the season's decisive games.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Robert Lewandowski: "It would definitely be an option to sign a hungry, young striker who wants to learn from an experienced player" [SportBild]

It would be a relief for me to play 15 or 20 minutes less in a game, then you have more energy for the next games and a higher probability of staying fit and minimising the risk of injury,of course, the club hierarchy will decide which striker is worth considering, but clearly we aren't talking about a top international striker.

Strikers of this calibre want to be on the pitch themselves during the season's decisive games.

That's kind of the problem. What really talented "hungry young striker" would be content with sitting on the bench playing like five games a season against Freiburg and Cologne and maybe 20 minutes in another ten games when Lewy feels tired? Couldn't recommend that to a talented youngster who thinks about his own career.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:43 pm

It looks like the Golden Shoe episode is over and Lewy is actually focusing on what's important. I liked this statement.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm

MoFattal wrote:It looks like the Golden Shoe episode is over and Lewy is actually focusing on what's important. I liked this statement.

It's the Heynckes effect. It's amazing how the teamwork and team spirit really improves when Heynckes is at the helm.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Giroud would be a great signing as Lewy backup.

But I think one of the reasons why he decided to stay in Arsenal one more year is because he likes London.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Personally I'd love Dolberg but I have to think it would be kinda foolish for him. I don't rate the Eredivisie too much but I'm pretty sure being a first team starter there is still better experience than training with our top players and occasionally getting in the game for us....
aterford
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:07 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Giroud would be a great signing as Lewy backup.

But I think one of the reasons why he decided to stay in Arsenal one more year is because he likes London.

Munich is more pretty than that hellhole
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Dolberg all the way then..Real madrid had kovacic on their bench..barca have alcacer so why can't we have a talented youngster on the bench?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 pm

#12 wrote:Munich is more pretty than that hellhole

James said Munchen is a small city. Per my very scarce living and traveling experience, I will take "small cities" over "big cities" in a heartbeat. Like I will definetely choose Seattle/Portland over LA, SF or NY .

But some people just won't be able to survive in Seattle/Portland/Munchen etc. They need the environment of big global cities to live. I hope this is not the case for the majority of European football players, otherwise, FCB will have a very harsh time picking players.

In short: some people will heartfully take hellholes (aka Paris which stinks in the streets) over clean tranquil but "small" cities.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:James said Munchen is a small city. Per my very scarce living and traveling experience, I will take "small cities" over "big cities" in a heartbeat. Like I will definetely choose Seattle/Portland over LA, SF or NY .

But some people just won't be able to survive in Seattle/Portland/Munchen etc. They need the environment of big global cities to live. I hope this is not the case for the majority of European football players, otherwise, FCB will have a very harsh time picking players.

In short: some people will heartfully take hellholes (aka Paris which stinks in the streets) over clean tranquil but "small" cities.

A footballer should not care about the size of the city if it meets certain relevance and infrastructure, in many ways it is childish to talk about it, it is like talking about penis size. Munich is not as large and cosmopolitan as London, Paris and Madrid. Cultural integration has a lot to do on how a player perceives the city and I am sure that James will feel more the size of Valencia, Turin or Porto because they are not as cultural shocking to him hence he will find more stuff to do in those places, and these are slightly smaller than Munich. Even smaller cities like Seville or Florence could be more appealing to a guy like James.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 am

Jorge wrote:A footballer should not care about the size of the city if it meets certain relevance and infrastructure,

Obviously they should not, if they want to meet the standard of being a *professional player*. But, you know.. There are really that many kinds of people and we have seen too many players acting in ridiculous, unprofessional ways.

======

Back on topic. Sandro Wagner, and , Emre Can just emphasized the importance of the youth academy. Yeah, pool is rich huh? Does your money work on Emre? If we want him back in Munchen he's gonna come with us. There's simply nothing you can do to stop it.

In the future even if Wintzheimer, Fruchtl, OBM are not developing as expected, we can loan or even sell them. And if they get back on track, just hand them a contract and they will come back, maybe even for free. There won't be a better bargain than this.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 am

FCB12Forever wrote:In the future even if Wintzheimer, Fruchtl, OBM are not developing as expected, we can loan or even sell them. And if they get back on track, just hand them a contract and they will come back, maybe even for free. There won't be a better bargain than this.

This goes along the lines on why Bayern should not enter the race to sign overpriced superstars, many players coming out of our academy will be sold and a few will break through into the first team, put Thomas Muller and Diego Contento side to side and that is how it works.

The problem that we have right now is three fold:
1) We are not producing players out of our academy as much as in the recent past or as much as some of our Bundesliga Opponents (Dortmund, Schalke)
2) We are not bringing in youth products developed to our first team threshold level as we did in the past (Toni Kroos, David Alaba) maybe Kimmich is the exception
3) We are not smart when it comes to first-team-ready players specially from leagues adjacent to Germany where there is talent hoping to make the jump like some of our BL opponents has done (Leipzig), our recent 20-40 M players have been disappointing for the most part. The issue gets aggravated when we hold on to them for too long after there is general consensus that it was a miss.

Spending 300M in 3 players serves no purpose until these other foundation problems are solved.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News