You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 am

Most of them are just waste of space or money. l'd promote Wintzheimer instead of them.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 am

tflags wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Trying to think a bit outside the box: what about bringing Pato back to Europe?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TLDR. Twitter might allow you 280 characters, but I hoped this forum had standards!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 am

tflags wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Trying to think a bit outside the box: what about bringing Pato back to Europe?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fair enough just a thought, haven't seen him play in a long time
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
tflags wrote:

Fair enough just a thought, haven't seen him play in a long time

I knew my perfectly explained arguments would win you over. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm

I feel like Sandro Wagner ticks all the boxes.
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:I feel like Sandro Wagner ticks all the boxes.

To me, Wagner looks like a poor man's Carsten Jancker. Really not impressed by this guy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm

America USA wrote:I’ll leave it at this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_JamesLorenz ... 18/video/1

If Manchu has his way get ready to see this happen (and quite regularly) with Lolcott in a Bayern shirt. #-o ](*,) :sick:

I was going to drop the topic as your hatred for Theo Walcott seems to be a deeply held belief impervious to logic, but so be it.

You know, that Muller player is clearly far too terrible to ever play for Bayern Munich. Can't even hit the ball right, , always tripping over himself. Pathetic. Don't demand that we sign him unless you want to see this every week. :roll:

And then there is that Higuain character-can't finish at all, clearly too pathetic to ever play for a good team. :roll:

Don't even get me started on that overrated screw up Ter Stegen, he'll never be a good keeper for a great team, not even good enough to be our second keeper. :roll:

And then that buffoon Mario Gomez is the worst of them-he's just pathetic, no team he plays on will ever win the Champions League. :roll:

Or is it possible for players to both be good and make mistakes? :roll: Is it possible there is another side of Walcott?

In fact, Walcott was Arsenal's joint top scorer in the Champions League last season with 4 goals(Ozil also had 4 goals), despite only playing 272 minutes (37% of possible minutes). But don't let facts interfere with your narrative, it's clear that it is impossible that he is a decent player.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:00 am

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:I’ll leave it at this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_JamesLorenz ... 18/video/1

If Manchu has his way get ready to see this happen (and quite regularly) with Lolcott in a Bayern shirt. #-o ](*,) :sick:

You know, that Muller player is clearly far too terrible to ever play for Bayern Munich. Can't even hit the ball right, , always tripping over himself. Pathetic. Don't demand that we sign him unless you want to see this every week. :roll:

And then there is that Higuain character-can't finish at all, clearly too pathetic to ever play for a good team. :roll:

Don't even get me started on that overrated screw up Ter Stegen, he'll never be a good keeper for a great team, not even good enough to be our second keeper. :roll:

And then that buffoon Mario Gomez is the worst of them-he's just pathetic, no team he plays on will ever win the Champions League.

^ I honestly have no idea what all this is about. I have never dissed on all those players. So if you’re trying to hurl taunts at me you’ve got it all wrong.

And yes I like many Arsenal fans do hate Theo. In fact the fact that he is stealing £140k/week for a living makes him all the more despicable. He performs whenever he has a new contract to sign then goes right back into his slumber. And all of his goals are replaceable and I reiterate that many of them have come in hammerings, big victories or as late consolations. His goals have almost never had a match changing effect for Arsenal in recent years.

You keep bringing up all these stats and so called “logic” that you want, but ask any Arsenal viewer for the past decade or so and they will all unanimously label players like Walcott the problem with Arsenal FC. He might work well with small teams like West Ham or Newcastle but he can’t make it at a big club like Arsenal and an even bigger club like Bayern.

P.S. I probably know a lot more about logic than you because I’m in the legal profession, I can easily come up with a syllogistic argument to end this meaningless debate once and for all but I don’t consider Theo worth the time wasting my intellect on.

This is my last post on this absolutely ridiculous suggestion of buying Theo **** Walcott and making that mediocre footballer a Bayern player.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 pm

America USA wrote:
^ I honestly have no idea what all this is about. I have never dissed on all those players. So if you’re trying to hurl taunts at me you’ve got it all wrong.

And yes I like many Arsenal fans do hate Theo. In fact the fact that he is stealing £140k/week for a living makes him all the more despicable. He performs whenever he has a new contract to sign then goes right back into his slumber. And all of his goals are replaceable and I reiterate that many of them have come in hammerings, big victories or as late consolations. His goals have almost never had a match changing effect for Arsenal in recent years.

You keep bringing up all these stats and so called “logic” that you want, but ask any Arsenal viewer for the past decade or so and they will all unanimously label players like Walcott the problem with Arsenal FC. He might work well with small teams like West Ham or Newcastle but he can’t make it at a big club like Arsenal and an even bigger club like Bayern.

P.S. I probably know a lot more about logic than you because I’m in the legal profession, I can easily come up with a syllogistic argument to end this meaningless debate once and for all but I don’t consider Theo worth the time wasting my intellect on.

This is my last post on this absolutely ridiculous suggestion of buying Theo **** Walcott and making that mediocre footballer a Bayern player.

My point with all those players was that you posted a years old video of Walcott making one mistake and then claimed it was evidence that he was a terrible player, even though it proved nothing. All the players I "mocked" are world-class players who have had made significant mistakes in the past, so my point was that they were still good players despite a pattern of errors in each case.

More broadly, my other point was about the influence of narrative. When Walcott makes a mistake like that, it is widely shared and spread across social media and he is attacked for it because the narrative is that he a terrible player, while when he scores a world class goal it isn't widely shared or praised because it doesn't fit with the narrative. The opposite is true for Alexis Sanchez, who actually loses the ball more often than Walcott does but is continuously praised for goals because it fits with the narrative that he is a world class player.

Honestly, I find your utter hate for Walcott, someone who has been loyal to your club for a decade, disturbing, but I will leave it at that. What I cannot leave is your claim "ask any Arsenal viewer for the past decade or so and they will all unanimously label players like Walcott the problem with Arsenal FC." Not only is it a ridiculous example of argumentum ad populum, it is also demonstrably false. Behold, Arsenal fans having a rational discussion of the costs and benefits of having Theo Walcott on your team.

And the claim that almost all his goals are against small teams, come in hammerings, come as consolidations, or aren't game changing is lovely from your prospective because it is basically impossible to prove or disprove. However, what can easily be proven is this: Walcott had 4 goals in the Premier League last season against top 6 sides while Alexis Sanchez, Ozil, and Giroud combined also had 4 goals. Could it be possible that Alexis Sanchez is buffing his goal count against small teams and then not performing against big ones?

And I apologize for using the word "logic" in my previous post. I didn't mean to insult you, your education, or your capacity for reason. What is meant was that it was pointless arguing against you because you were very passionate about the issue and it is impossible to change the mind of someone who is very passionate about something through debate, no matter how right or wrong you are or how good or bad your arguments are. I have often been the same way in the past.

P.S.-I'm actually curious about how you could apply a syllogistic argument to a topic like this. You're right, I don't specialize in formal logic, I specialize in analysis, particularly in noticing discrepancies and trying to explain them.

And I'm willing to leave this topic here, but let's just remember it was you who began the debate by taking extreme exception to my suggestion that Walcott fit some of the criteria that aterford wanted in a backup striker.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:30 am

Dude you proved ny point. Lets just take his goals against the top six for instance, Theo scored four goals against top six teams. Two against Citeh, one against Liverpool and once against Chelsea.

Here are the results of those games
3-0 Win against Chelsea (big victory)
4-3 defeat against Liverpool (consolation goals from him, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chambers, I also remember him missing a penalty in this one)
2-1 defeat against Manchester City (although Arsenal scored first, his goal once again counted for nothing)
2-2 draw against Citeh (ok I’ll give him credit for this at least got AFC a point)

Also trust me on this, I have seen more Arsenal games than most people on this forum and what happened in that video is common place with Walcott. He gets brushed off like a fly by the opposition players. The same has happened on so many EL games this season too. He has got worse with each passing season and unlike those other players, at 28 years old there’s not much chance of him improving now.

Also Theo ain’t loyal he’s a fu¢king leech. He stays at the club because of his huge wages and no one else will give him such money nor the daddy treatment Arsène has showered on him (one of the major beef I have with Wenger is his preferential treatment of Walcott). The guy has no ambition and has basically resigned to the fact that he won’t make it to the WC and has accepted a part time role at Arsenal rather than leaving or going on loan even.

Lastly I’ll make a sample syllogism argument just for the sake of it.
Major Premise: All footballers who start playing well only when a contract extension is due are scum
Minor Premise: Theo plays very well when his contract is about to end.
Conclusion: Theo is scum.

And the reason why I reacted so strongly against even the idea of Theo being a Bayern player is the fact that I don’t want my first choice club to waste their money and time on a bang average player. I’ve seen the script with Theo for 11 years now and it always is and has been the same old story.

Plus Theo ain’t even a proper CF ffs. I’ll take Giroud over him in a heartbeat. Giroud actually has unique qualities (physically very strong, good in the air and excellent holdup play) and is very useful off the bench.

Back to topic My suggestion for this season is the same as my first post on this thread. This season we need to suck it up and hope Robert is fit for the big matches. Carlo/the board bottled it in the summer and no decent striker will come here in the middle of the season to be a backup and that too in a WC year. Best hope is to use our academy CFs in winnable games and hope they’ll be confident if called upon in the worst case scenario of Lewandowski’s injury. Try to get a good backup in the summer for next season.

On a side note, dude your new avi is so creepy :|
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Not trying to make a case for or against him here, but are you seriously blaming him for his team losing despite him scoring?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 pm

#12 wrote:Not trying to make a case for or against him here, but are you seriously blaming him for his team losing despite him scoring?

Sort of. Many times he’s just invisible on the pitch. The best example would be the 1-3 defeat last season at Stamford Bridge. Walcott was literally a ghost and you would’ve thought that Arsenal were playing with ten men. (Make it nine because Mesut too, I believe, was having one of his “luxury” days for Arsenal)
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm

If he wasn't British I wouldn't mind at all, he can give that extra thing with his speed and different style from Lewy but as I said the "lads" nine to ten times will fail miserably abroad and Theo is already a British flop for his country considering his wonder-kid tag in the past. He is a x2 No!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 am

Just an idea: what about Bastian's teammate Nemanja Nikolic on loan for the rest of the season? He won the golden boot in MLS this year with 24 goals, true that for the most part he played his European career in the Hungarian League which is a kind of week but in his last two seasons with Legia Warsaw in the Polish League he was very prolific with 40 goals in 56 games.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Remember landon donovan? he was even decent with everton..
I'd rather go for someone more proven..because we can..we are bayern we can attract better players even for our bench..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News