You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Element wrote:Andre-Pierre Gignac.
A french national player who currently plays for Tigres in Mexico, he was very good in his Marseilles time.

He is an ex-player for a couple of years now, he drinks too much there and he was overweight for some time, the reports were bad for him after he left France for Tigres and let's be honest when you're 29 and talented and an international player going to Mexico playing football looks bad and it's bad. If he is in top form physically I'd take him but it's a big "if"

Ibisevic is a scumbag but he knows the art of the goalscoring inside the box however he is not Bayern material, he wasn't in his prime and surely he isn't at his 33-y considering the situation though he is a good option compared to nothing.
Torres is a must-go if he wants to leave Spain(unlikely in this stage of his career) and agrees to stay put on the bench.

Kramaric,Origi,Plea would be much better options.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Salihamidzic told Sky that he is on board with Matthaus' suggestion of Ibisevic as back up for Lewa and Pulisic as replacement for Robben-Ribery [source]
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 pm

America USA wrote:@ Manchu - Lol I’m not reading that wall of text. Just skimmed through that post of yours and seeing how much you adore Walcott’s “abilities” I am so grateful that Bayern doesn’t have someone who thinks like you run the club. With Theo it has been the same story for over a decade now at Arsenal. Hell Wenger has ruined his reputation to give that guy a career!

God forbid if Uli thinks that Theo F’n Walcott is the solution to our CF/Winger problem. I’d possibly be in a state of shock for a few days.

Look, you're kind of proving my point. You're not explaining why a player who accumulates scorer(goals+assists) points in the Premier League at a rate greater than Sadio Mane and almost as rapid as CR7 is a bad player* other than stating that "everyone knows" that he is a bad player. I must apologize that I don't find your logic convincing and in fact see it as verging on tautology. You are entitled to your opinion, but that kind of argument is no basis to make transfer policy for a club--I remember when "everyone knew" that Paulinho was an absolutely terrible player who would completely flop at Barcelona.

Moreover, I don't greatly admire his abilities, as you would see if you actually read my profile of him; I see him as a severely limited player with a couple very good abilities. If you want to write your own(shorter) summary of his playing style and abilities, you are welcome to do it because I have never seen anyone else evaluate his game other than "Fast" or "Bad." I could do the same for pretty much all Bayern players except maybe Bernat(who I haven't adequately scouted).

Finally, I don't see him as the best solution to our striker and winger problems, I see him as the best non-cup tied player who would actually be available in the winter that could add depth in both positions. I don't think he would be a first choice starter against anyone except Man City(because punishing teams who play ultra high defensive lines is one of few things he does very well). If you have your own suggestions about available, non-cup tied players who could fill both positions, I would love to hear them.

Anyways, I hope you consider my argument and don't think I'm too crazy.

*And no, I am not making my argument just on statistics. What happened is that there were a number of statistics, that one being just one of them, that suggested that Walcott might be a better player than is popularly perceived, so I was intrigued by the mystery and put a lot of effort into scouting him, finding many interesting things about what he is good and bad at that shape my current perception of his level of play.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 am

I’ve already said my position. We just need to suck it up for this season and hope Robert is alright for the big games in the season. Give our own youth a chance against beatable opposition so that if worst comes to worst we will have a backup. If Jupp can manage the double, give him an extension and sign up a back up next summer and then go for the treble.

Ancelotti has fu¢ked us over with the striker situation this season and we have to just hope for the best. I don’t see any decent options available in the winter and given this is a world cup year it makes things worse.

Long term solution would be to get someone like Dolberg or Werner.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Well, some German media outlets have boiled down the options to these four fine folks:

sie-werden-u-a-als-lewandowski-ersatz-gehandelt-vedad-ibisevic-v-l-fernando-torres-adrian-ramos-und-edin-dzeko-.jpg

Given the choice, I think Dzeko is the most in form but isn't he cup tied?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 pm

What about Islam Slimani? he did not play a minute for Leicester city this season and wants to leave this winter.
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:10 pm

tflags wrote:Well, some German media outlets have boiled down the options to these four fine folks:

sie-werden-u-a-als-lewandowski-ersatz-gehandelt-vedad-ibisevic-v-l-fernando-torres-adrian-ramos-und-edin-dzeko-.jpg

Given the choice, I think Dzeko is the most in form but isn't he cup tied?

Not only Dzeko but also Fernando Torres is cup-tied.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Not only Dzeko but also Fernando Torres is cup-tied.

I read on spox that if Atletico Madrid does not make it to the round of 16, Bayern might be able to play him thanks to a special rule.
Don't have details though
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 pm

AFAIK, if he was fielded in any game in the CL, he will be cup-tied. And he did play in three of Atletico's games this season. Thus, the most likely option seems to be Ibisevic.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Trying to think a bit outside the box: what about bringing Pato back to Europe?

Don't know whether he's still being plagued by injuries but he was good
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:Not only Dzeko but also Fernando Torres is cup-tied.

I read on spox that if Atletico Madrid does not make it to the round of 16, Bayern might be able to play him thanks to a special rule.
Don't have details though

Well, get us the details then. If it's true it must be a new rule.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, get us the details then. If it's true it must be a new rule.

Spox did not give details so i checked the 2017-2018 UEFA champions league regulations. While there is indeed a similar rule, it does not apply for Fernando Torres.

The rule says
Exceptionally, however, a player who has
been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA
Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group
stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a player can be registered in
accordance with Paragraph 44.01 to Paragraph 44.04.

The rule Spox are referring to, DOESN'T apply if the player had appeared in the group stage.
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:Well, get us the details then. If it's true it must be a new rule.

Spox did not give details so i checked the 2017-2018 UEFA champions league regulations. While there is indeed a similar rule, it does not apply for Fernando Torres.

The rule says
Exceptionally, however, a player who has
been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA
Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group
stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a player can be registered in
accordance with Paragraph 44.01 to Paragraph 44.04.

The rule Spox are referring to, DOESN'T apply if the player had appeared in the group stage.

Spox reporters should smoke less weed :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm

I’ll leave it at this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_JamesLorenz ... 18/video/1

If Manchu has his way get ready to see this happen (and quite regularly) with Lolcott in a Bayern shirt. #-o ](*,) :sick:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Trying to think a bit outside the box: what about bringing Pato back to Europe?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News