You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby Manchu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 am

Two other potential players have entered my thoughts. One of them is Davie Selke, who isn't a first choice for Hertha Berlin, just like he wasn't for RB Leipzig, but seems to be pretty decent in the present, along with being young and fairly talented. The other one is Marvin Ducksch, who is currently destroying the 2.Bundesliga(10 goals, 3 assists in 1096 minutes of play) along with Holstein Kiel. He would be very cheap and have the advantage of also being able to play as a left winger, and he's probably good enough to start in the Bundesliga(which he will be doing anyways if Kiel keeps winning at their current rate).
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:59 pm

MoFattal wrote:Modeste is my favorite option so far.

TJ Quanjian just bought him for 35M, are you willing to pay 50M to bring him back to Germany and pay him a huge salary? Plus he is 29 years old.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Manchu wrote:Marvin Ducksch[/url], who is currently destroying the 2.Bundesliga(10 goals, 3 assists in 1096 minutes of play) along with Holstein Kiel. He would be very cheap and have the advantage of also being able to play as a left winger, and he's probably good enough to start in the Bundesliga(which he will be doing anyways if Kiel keeps winning at their current rate).

He seems to be having a break through this season. I remember him from the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico, that team captained by Emre Can. I vividly remember when he scored against the USA in the Round of 16. I doubt that Holstein Kiel will let him go for cheap since their BL hopes will take a big hit if they sell him.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Don't we all know that its going to be kiessling?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:As an Arsenal supporter in England, I want no part of Walcott at my first choice club Bayern! I wont even take him for free he’s that bad. Hell he has even sucked against Championship teams this season in the League Cup! I don’t want him anywhere near Bayern, not even in the squad!

Could you please explain why you see him as so bad and what is poor about his game? I'm just curious because a lot of people see him as terrible even though wingers who score and assist as often as he does in the EPL are almost never seen as bad.

Also, in regard for performance this season, he has played 46 minutes in the Premier League with nothing, 196 minutes in the League Cup with 1 goal, and 353 minutes in the Europa League. This is not necessarily a bad record by any means. The level of the League Cup and Europa league is lower than the level of the Premier League on one hand, but on the other hand his teammates in those games are much worse than they are in Premier League because they are mainly young academy players, and surrounding a player with much worse ones almost always makes the player look much worse than their level.

I don’t think you watch Arsenal games and are only talking based on some statistical numbers, I’ve watched Arsenal since I was 12 (2002). Statistics do not always tell the whole story. Theo’s performances have deteriorated so much over the years, when the ball is passed to him he looks like a deer stuck in the headlights. And you say he’s apparently playing with “worse” players that is why his performances suck. Eh, not quite. He has been consistently outshone by youth players like Nelson, Maitland-Niles and Willock in the EL and in the League cup game against Norwich in which Walcott was caught offside at least ten times, he was outperformed by a new comer called Eddie.

Many of Lolcott’s goals for Arsenal are replaceable and most of them have come in drubbings or as mere consolations. I’d advice you to visit a few Arsenal forums, the fans want him to go so bad that they won’t even mind if he goes for free! Thank goodness you’re not in charge of Bayern’s transfer business! Theo Walcott a Bayern player :lol:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Manchu wrote:Two other potential players have entered my thoughts. One of them is Davie Selke, who isn't a first choice for Hertha Berlin, just like he wasn't for RB Leipzig, but seems to be pretty decent in the present, along with being young and fairly talented. The other one is Marvin Ducksch, who is currently destroying the 2.Bundesliga(10 goals, 3 assists in 1096 minutes of play) along with Holstein Kiel. He would be very cheap and have the advantage of also being able to play as a left winger, and he's probably good enough to start in the Bundesliga(which he will be doing anyways if Kiel keeps winning at their current rate).

Ducksch is on loan from St. Pauli..
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby BayernFL117 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:56 am

Dolberg might be the most optimistic option. Any one hear anything about Eggestein from Werder lately? He is young, german, and last I heard very promising.
BayernFL117
Getting the hang of it

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:09 am

America USA wrote:
I don’t think you watch Arsenal games and are only talking based on some statistical numbers, I’ve watched Arsenal since I was 12 (2002). Statistics do not always tell the whole story. Theo’s performances have deteriorated so much over the years, when the ball is passed to him he looks like a deer stuck in the headlights. And you say he’s apparently playing with “worse” players that is why his performances suck. Eh, not quite. He has been consistently outshone by youth players like Nelson, Maitland-Niles and Willock in the EL and in the League cup game against Norwich in which Walcott was caught offside at least ten times, he was outperformed by a new comer called Eddie.

Many of Lolcott’s goals for Arsenal are replaceable and most of them have come in drubbings or as mere consolations. I’d advice you to visit a few Arsenal forums, the fans want him to go so bad that they won’t even mind if he goes for free! Thank goodness you’re not in charge of Bayern’s transfer business! Theo Walcott a Bayern player :lol:

Look, you didn't explain why he is a bad player. You didn't tell me what he's good and bad at and how that influences the whole. I already know that the Arsenal fanbase hates Walcott's guts, just like I know half the pundits in England hate Ozil's guts because he doesn't conform to what their idea of a good footballer is. In both cases, I suspect it more of a case of a powerful narrative than anything either of those two footballers have ever done.

As for what I was asking you for, my "model" of Walcott should provide ample example. The "model" is supposed to provide a complete account of a footballer's style of play and strengths and weaknesses. I "put together" most of Walcott's model within five minutes of starting to scout him and have only made a few changes since.
Theo Walcott:
-Fast both with and without the ball, good acceleration.
-Exceptional anticipation and timing, continually makes runs behind the defensive line even against very deep defensive lines and often -receives the ball there, particularly in the right half-space
-Very good sense of space within the box, good at becoming unmarked, great goalpoaching ability.
-Ability to find space in the box and ability to make runs behind the defense can make him an excellent participant in short passes in the box to create chances(Wengerball)
-Frequently receives the ball in good positions
-Excellent corner taker
-Short and not good in the air
-Average finisher, sometimes misses easy chances
-No particular skill at passing, never plays incisive or creative passes.
-Decent dribbler and this with his speed can make him deadly if given space to run at the defense, but isn't confident enough and rarely takes his space.
-Average at pressing and defensively
-Frequently drops back to help with possession or provide a short option but rarely accomplishes anything.
-Sometimes selfish in choosing to shoot, often shoots from tight angles
-Average crosser
-Good at exploiting space behind high defensive lines.
-Likes to begin runs near the sideline and diagonally move into the right half space.

For comparison, here's Ozil's model:
Mesut Ozil:
-Very good positioning while pressing
-Average defensive workrate
-No particular talent for tackling
-Excellent technically in general
-Weak in the air
-Dribbles often in midfield to create more space for himself
-Excellent vision and situational awareness
-Frequently drops deep into the midfield to help with buildup
-Press resistant, good at breaking presses
-Fairly often finds through balls.
-Great crosser, often finds unmarked players with his crosses
-Good setpiece taker
-Fairly fast but rarely uses it.
-Sometimes makes runs behind the backlines of the other team, particularly if they are playing a very high line.
-Good at short passing in the box, sometimes does something brilliant
-Rarely makes runs into the box
-Technically excellently at shooting, but rarely does it.
-Bad at one-vs-one with the keeper
-Rarely tries taking on opponent backline through dribbling.

As for the Europa league games and the Norwich game, I actually watched the extended (10+ minute) highlights for the Europa league games and the full Norwich game, focusing on Walcott the whole time. I will say that he appears to be consistently excellent in the Europa league games, always making runs in behind and finding space in the box(hence his 2 goals and 2 assists); in fact, in the Koln game(the only one where a certain Chilean played), he was actually far more creative than Alexis Sanchez.

Meanwhile, he was actually pretty good in the Norwich game, especially compared to the horror show that was Arsenal's midfield that game. I counted and he was only flagged offsides 4 times, one of which he clearly onside and through on goal, and another which was completely the fault of the other player, who completely mistimed the pass. Meanwhile, for the first 90 minutes of the game he was the only Arsenal player who looked like he had any offensive ideas at all. He continually showed for runs behind the defense(like 40+ times) but the Arsenal midfield only noticed his runs and tried playing him the ball about twice, with Jack Wilshere being a particular culprit.* He was involved in both goals(the first one came from his corner which was headed on, in the second case he won the corner from which the goal was scored through an excellent shot from a tight angle which was barely saved by the keeper). Later in the game, he shifted to right wing-back and did a good job there. Overall, I can't say that his performance in the Norwich game, albeit against Championship opposition, proves how terrible he is.

*This why I said that playing with worse players makes Walcott look worse. He's a player who is excellent at finding space and making runs, but this counts for nothing if his teammates can't find him with the ball.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:48 am

Maybe Bayern can get Paolo Guerrero back. I hear he can be got at a heavily discounted rate. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am

Jorge wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Modeste is my favorite option so far.

TJ Quanjian just bought him for 35M, are you willing to pay 50M to bring him back to Germany and pay him a huge salary? Plus he is 29 years old.

Sporting-wise, I see him as the most beneficial for us. He is not cup-tied. He knows the BL and the German style of play very well. He is a very decent striker with a good scoring record. He can be a very competent substitute to Lewa without too much loss of quality. And he can very well play alongside Lewa if we need to provide a more-threatening approach.

Financial-wise, I agree with you. Paying 50m for a 29 years old is a short-term vision and is not the Bayern way of doing business. However, I had the impression that he's not happy in the Chinese league and wants to leave, so that might have a good say in reducing the price-tag. Something along the line of 30m would be fine be me.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

We're so desperate for a backup striker I'd celebrate even if we brought Vahid Hashemian out of retirement.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Andre-Pierre Gignac.
A french national player who currently plays for Tigres in Mexico, he was very good in his Marseilles time.
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:30 pm

@ Manchu - Lol I’m not reading that wall of text. Just skimmed through that post of yours and seeing how much you adore Walcott’s “abilities” I am so grateful that Bayern doesn’t have someone who thinks like you run the club. With Theo it has been the same story for over a decade now at Arsenal. Hell Wenger has ruined his reputation to give that guy a career!

God forbid if Uli thinks that Theo F’n Walcott is the solution to our CF/Winger problem. I’d possibly be in a state of shock for a few days.

Element wrote:Andre-Pierre Gignac.
A french national player who currently plays for Tigres in Mexico, he was very good in his Marseilles time.

^ This is also a viable option. He is a pretty decent striker from whatever I’ve seen of him. Of course nowhere near Robert’s level but he won’t make a bad backup CF.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Apparently Fernando Torres is an option
transfers-f1/fernando-torres-t5387-135.html
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Lothar Matthaus made an interesting suggestion regarding Vedad Ivisevic which was followed upon with an interesting article by the Sueddeutsche newspaper.

Bayern needs a striker that is not looking for regular playing time (as he will have not), isn't looking for a big transfer experience but nonetheless has to score goals even within the tightest of schedulles. He also has to come rather cheap.

Ivisevic, surprisingly enough, fits the role nicely. At 33 he has already been relegated to second choice at the capital and therefore has seen little playing time this season. He is not cup-tied and has had a very good track record at scoring goals in past seasons. (He's got more assists than goals on the 900+ minutes of playing time he has been afforded this year.)

And he's not going to Russia, according to the newsletter.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News