You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Quincy Promes

Postby Roonzil » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Did you really just open a new thread to ask 'what about this guy'??

Yikes.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 am

RVP is Fenerbahce's 3rd striker and he is finished. Even the level of Turkish league is high for him. Same goes for Derdiyok. Very slow player. Can't make an impact at Gala. Gunes is a coach who knows how to outperform Turkish players, yet it's hard for them to reach that levels without Gunes. Dolberg is so overrated. He scored 2 goals and had an average perfonmance in a very weak league where the likes of Ünal made difference. Btw, l don't rate Ünal at all.

l'd prefer us to give a try to Evina instead all of them. Since all of them would be waste of money and space. Evina is strong and has pace. He can create space and can make things harders for Cb's with his pressing. he can do a good job. or maybe we better sign a player who can also play as winger.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 am

Nemanja Nikolic
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Quincy Promes

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:48 am

Roonzil wrote:Did you really just open a new thread to ask 'what about this guy'??

Yikes.

Posts moved. Please discuss all possible striker back up options on this thread. Thnks.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:08 am

Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 am

aterford wrote:Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.

You mentioned Sanchez again and I started to recall his struggle not to join us this summer.

Earlier James had an interview and said, 1. Munchen is a small city; 2. It's really, really cold.

I don't want to defend these people but it makes sense if they just don't want to come. Bayern bought German + French + Eastern European players for a reason. There are South Americans / Spaniards / Portuguese that likes us, I would love them on our team, but, unfortunately, they are the minority.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: The SSS Thread: The Search for the Second Striker.

Postby Coman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

IsiahRashad wrote:1. Alassane Pléa;as i said many times - he's one of my favourites;very underrated;24 YO,can start for many teams;his contract is ending in 2018,so we can get him for cheap;

I agree it's a good player.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:54 pm

aterford wrote:Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.

Well, my choices are
1. Our Lord and Emperor Mario Gomez
2. Theo Walcott
3. Olivier Giroud
4. Sandro Wagner

Of these, Theo Walcott fits your profile well. He's pretty good both as a winger and a forward and is so unfavored at Arsenal that his tranfers fee could not be that expensive, is willing to spend a lot of time on the bench, has little chance of breaking into England's world cup squad without a move, and can play both as a winger on both sides and as a center forward.

Most people would say that he isn't good enough for Arsenal, much less Bayern, but I question that narrative:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Walcott has historically collected scorer point in the EPL at an exceptionally high rate for a winger, especially a non-inverted right winger who hardly ever shoots with his left foot or plays as a left winger.

Moreover, he is at more than decent as a center forward. He has 14 goals and 8 assists in 1840 minutes at that position, which means that he accumulates scorer points at a rate of about 1 per 90 minutes played as a striker, a rate similar to Lewandowski(admittedly, Walcott has probably done this playing against weaker opposition, albeit with a worse team).

Finally, and most importantly from my prospective, his goalimpact is unusually high and easily good enough to fight for a starting place with us.

How is he so good this even though most people think he offers nothing but speed?
Simple. He reads the game well and times his runs excellently, allowing him to often get behind the opposition's defensive line easily, and once he is behind no one is going to catch him(the very threat of this, which we were lacking against Celtic without Lewandowski), pushes the other team's line back and opens up more space in the midfield). Also, he has striker or at least goalpoacher instincts and positions himself very well in the box. Finally, his dribbling ability is at least decent.

On the other hand, he's short, so he's not a good aerial target, and his playmaking ability is somewhat lacking.

In short, Walcott would both be able to reinforce our attacking midfield, where we desperately need more players, and operate as both a backup striker and a striker which offers something very different from Lewandowski, something more like Timo Werner.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:21 pm

How about Belotti, Embolo or Ndiaye Diedhio?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Belotti?

Torino were asking for some 100M last summer IIRC :shock: [-X
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Both are very different, but any of Alexis or Giroud would be a huge upgrade for our team

We're getting better at set pieces and we play dozens of crosses in every game. Just send Giroud and Lewy in with Martinez and Hummels and we will be more threatening on set pieces than on penalties :P
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:37 pm

MUTU wrote:How about Belotti, Embolo or Ndiaye Diedhio?

To me Belotti looks like a one-hit wonder and the crazy Torino president will milk any candidate, doesn't worth it...
Much better and cheaper options out there.
Embolo was a great prospect but he got a scary injury, it's a gamble, his style and criteria fits perfectly fine.
If he is healthy and strong as a bull, I agree for Embolo.
I don't know who Diedhio is so I won't comment.

In January only a handful of players can fill our needs mostly because the CL restriction rather than "Lewy playing 99% of the games"
Modeste(knows the league very well) and won't complain, good age.
Kramaric also knows the league and he has similar style to Lewy unlike Modeste who is purely a target man. Origi is a good fit as well.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Last time I mentioned Derdiyok or that Russian who plays for Krasnodar

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 am

@Manchu,

I actually believe I'm probably one of the few who rates Walcott as well. Only trouble is he's had a pretty rough injury history.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm

As an Arsenal supporter in England, I want no part of Walcott at my first choice club Bayern! I wont even take him for free he’s that bad. Hell he has even sucked against Championship teams this season in the League Cup! I don’t want him anywhere near Bayern, not even in the squad!

As for a backup for Robert. The striker market is seriously inflated, so good luck buying a decent striker on Bayern’s tight budget. Ideally I would say Alexis or Dolberg, but Alexis showed his colors in the summer when he came up with unreasonable wage demands so that we won’t buy him. As for Dolberg, there are other clubs in Europe who would pay him much higher wages than us and I think he’ll go for the money. Real Madrid would want to replace Benzema so they might snap him up.

The only realistic solution is to develop our own CFs. Wintzheimer and Evina have impressed me from whatever little I’ve seen of them.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News