You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Stephan Lichtsteiner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Stephan Lichtsteiner

Postby Element » Mon May 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur have both been linked with a move for Lazio defender Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The 27-year-old Swiss full back has impressed with the Serie A side this season and this has won him no shortage of admirers. Indeed, Juventus have also been keeping an eye on his potential availability.

German giants Bayern Munich though believe Litchtsteiner could bolster their squad as they seek to inject some fresh faces into the club. The Allianz Arena outfit are already planning how they will take the Bundesliga title from Borussia Dortmund next season and adding the former Lille defender at right back has emerged as a serious option.

Opposition should be forthcoming though in the shape of Harry Redknapp’s Spurs. The Premier League side have been impressed with Lichtsteiner and should have little trouble offering the €9M Lazio are believed to want for the Switzerland international.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/05/02/ ... ner/41391/?
======
Weird that he did not have a thread , we get linked with him every transfer window

Dont think he is good enough , but i also have not seen him
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Stephan Lichtsteiner

Postby quaazi » Mon May 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Lazio ain't a weak club, and he probably speaks German too, so without seeing him play I'm cautiously optimistic.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Lazio will most probably be in the Champions League qualifiers, and they will be in the unseeded teams, giving Bayern a 20% chance of playing them (if Bayern ends up 3rd). It seems we are trying to weaken the possible opponents of the Champions League qualifiers :lol: First Manchester City (Boateng) and now Lazio (Lichtsteiner).

Does anyone know if this guy is any good? I remember him a bit during the Euro 2008, but I can't remember much.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Mon May 02, 2011 2:38 pm

If FC Bayern are truly interested, they have a very good scout for this transfer, our former hero coach Ottmar Hitzfeld who is currently coaching Switzerland, the national team of Lichtsteiner.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon May 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Lazio is playing Juventus TODAY, so there's our first scouting opportunity. It'll be interesting to see him go against Toni.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm

I did some more research on this guy.

He is 27 years old, 1.83m tall and plays as a right back. He can also sometimes play as a right midfielder, though the RB position is his preferred one.

He has played 36 international matches for Switzerland so far since 2005, scoring no goals.

He has been with Lazio since 2008 and has played 91 league matches so far, scoring 3 goals. Previously he played for Grasshoppers (2001-2005) and Lille (2005-2008). He missed World Cup 2006 due to injury but played in every match in Euro 2008. In the World Cup 2010 qualifiers, he played every minute in 8 out of the 10 qualification matches of Switzerland.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medjahedm » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Im not swiss but i went to high school there so i heard a few things about him through friends. Also one of my best friends is a die hard lazio fan. Basically from what i gather hes a solid but unspectacular player. Hes definitely good but not on the same level as coentrao. If we do get him, it would probably be to either compete with contento for a fullback slot or to provide backup.

In my opinion, its not the best move we could do but its definitely not the worst. I would actually prefer him to van der wiel because hes relatively experienced and i dont think he'll flop like van der wiel could. Hes a lot cheaper than the other fullbacks we've been looking at so if we get him as our only fullback purchase this summer i would expect us to invest heavily in our central defense.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Mon May 02, 2011 3:13 pm

He isn't Bayern Class AT ALL
only solid physical defensevily and nothing more
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby vijay92 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

He isnt worth spending 9mil on
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 pm

I've seen him play a few times in Serie A, he's not bad, actually he's good. He will improve our difference considerably, but we can do better than him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Well I saw like 30 mins of the Lazio-Juve game, couldn't watch anymore, what a bore. Lichtsteiner impressed me a lot with his crosses - very attack-minded player he is. Unfortunately that also means he is defensively lacking, his wing had to be covered by the Lazio CBs all the time. Also he's been italianized - falling down to the slightest touch, constant arguing with the ref...

I wouldn't want him for the reported price judging by those 30 mins, but he isn't a poor player either.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby shileno » Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Coentrao must be the most offensive LB in the world and still many wants him. He's good but I don't see him as an improvement from Contento-Lahm.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 pm

He has signed for Juventus.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:14 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby German-American » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Why?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time