You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby RedQueen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote:The "random account" is a Munich based football journalist who is quite well connected.

No offense Queen but he doesn't look older than 30 and he follows both 1860 and Dortmund. If his presentation card is Bundesliga Fanatic Dot Com, well, not sure how much of a journo is he. Just say'n.

No offense, but when it comes to journalists, I'm basing my judgement on looking at the outcome of their work, rather than presentation cards or how old they are.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 pm

I'd vouch for the guy as well. IIRC he was (or maybe still is) employed by the Bundesliga itself as a writer/photojournalist and I've found him to be pretty reliable in the past
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm

aterford wrote:I'd vouch for the guy as well. IIRC he was (or maybe still is) employed by the Bundesliga itself as a writer/photojournalist and I've found him to be pretty reliable in the past

That's the point. He was one of the very few sensible and reliable journalists in this summer transfer window. Quite contrary to "highly respected" journos like Di Marzio, who has turned into a veritable gossip mill lately, claiming he knows everything about every transfer on the planet, despite being located thousands of miles away and having no connections to anybody close to the club, and got it wrong more often than not accordingly. Or the "highly respected" Sky sources. Or even Honigstein, who is a good journalist when it comes to his own research and an enjoyable book author, but what he releases on twitter as "done deals" etc. has been terribly wrong or at least premature at times.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 am

RedQueen wrote:looking at the outcome of their work

Ok. Sounds interesting. Which work please?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote:looking at the outcome of their work

Ok. Sounds interesting. Which work please?

Please refer to my earlier post, explaining that he was one of the few reliable and sensible journalists in the last transfer window.

I'm getting the impression you have an agenda, trying to antagonize as many of my posts as possibe at every opportunity. So far you haven't been particularly successful at it. If you have a personal problem with me, maybe we should discuss it via PM.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 am

Right. Good for him.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 am

Baffled to see that at for once, you can agree on something I posted.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 am

RedQueen wrote:Baffled to see that at for once, you can agree on something I posted.

:P . I didn't. But you made your point and I didn't see the need to keep discussing when I made mine as well. And no, I don't think checking up on your facts or opinion means having an agenda. You try to post more facts and educated opinion than many which feels like I'm not wasting my time. I like challenging your posts. Feels like an educated discussion.

If there's a problem with that I'm sorry. Don't see it that way.

Following up on that last discussion I don't think a twenty something year old blogger is the best of sources but I'll give him a shot if you think he's well connected. Should be interesting seeing how accurate he can be.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:35 am

I'll buy his jersey if he comes... :P
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:34 am

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Baffled to see that at for once, you can agree on something I posted.

. I didn't. But you made your point and I didn't see the need to keep discussing when I made mine as well. And no, I don't think checking up on your facts or opinion means having an agenda. You try to post more facts and educated opinion than many which feels like I'm not wasting my time. I like challenging your posts. Feels like an educated discussion.

If there's a problem with that I'm sorry. Don't see it that way.

Following up on that last discussion I don't think a twenty something year old blogger is the best of sources but I'll give him a shot if you think he's well connected. Should be interesting seeing how accurate he can be.
This is him, 4 years ago, whilst he was doing his PhD. He must have been a genius studying for the PhD at age 16

PS: he completed his masters in 2010, so he would have been what, 13?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 am

Obviously they're trying to milk us, you can't play it relaxed when everybody knows that Wriedt is your second striker... The question should be if we can sign a better player at the moment with that fee or not ?
IMO we can't find a better package for a player than Wagner.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

MUTU wrote:PS: he completed his masters in 2010, so he would have been what, 13?

Do you have a point or just trying to be sarcastic?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:PS: he completed his masters in 2010, so he would have been what, 13?

Yes I do have a point. My point is that if he completed a Masters degree in 2010, he can't be in his 20s now, unless he's Sheldon Cooper. Not many people have a Masters degree between the ages of 13 and 22.

My point further develops in the sense that you've been dissing him based on the impression you got of his age from a photo on his profile or wherever, and in reality he's older than that, which means he probably has more experience than you assumed.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

Yes I do have a point. My point is that if he completed a Masters degree in 2010, he can't be in his 20s now, unless he's Sheldon Cooper. Not many people have a Masters degree between the ages of 13 and 22.

My point further develops in the sense that you've been dissing him based on the impression you got of his age from a photo on his profile or wherever, and in reality he's older than that, which means he probably has more experience than you assumed.

Right. I completed my masters at 23. If that was the case in 2010 -it wasn't- today I would have been what? 30. What did I say in my post? He doesn't look older than 30?

So let's say he's between 30-35. Is that a huge age disproportion so you can get sarcastic? Right.

Now if you look at my question it was really simple: Guy doesn't look very old. He isn't a Bayern fan (quite the contrary) and he doesn't write for a paid circulation but rather an online blog site. But, having said that, I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt if someone that follows him says so.

How is that dissing him to merit your uncalled for sarcasm exactly?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News