You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 pm

"You have to be patient, if you are interested in a player who is under contract, then you go straight to the club, they talk to each other and that's what happened." Hasan Salihamidzic spoke to Alexander Rosen, to determine if such a possibility existed at all. Heynckes is skeptical: "Normally such transfers are extremely difficult in winter." Heynckes did not want to know in detail what he thinks about Wagner. "Internally I have my opinion on the Player said, to do it externally is too early. First of all, things have to be clarified, if this is possible."

Heynckes press conference yesterday. Via Kicker.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:signing for Bayern would put him one step closer to Russia

How come, considering he'd likely be seeing less playing time than at Hoffenheim? I mean this was the very argument that was used when Mario Gomez's name was making the rounds.

It's hard to find German players from Bayern squad not making the NT. I can only think of Rode, Ulreich, Starke and the youngsters in the last years

Wagner is already being called up by Loew. If he signs with us I'm sure he will climb up some positions in Jogi's list
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:signing for Bayern would put him one step closer to Russia

How come, considering he'd likely be seeing less playing time than at Hoffenheim? I mean this was the very argument that was used when Mario Gomez's name was making the rounds.

It's hard to find German players from Bayern squad not making the NT. I can only think of Rode, Ulreich, Starke and the youngsters in the last years

Wagner is already being called up by Loew. If he signs with us I'm sure he will climb up some positions in Jogi's list

... what about Ottl, Lell, Rensing, Kraft, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Contento?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm

MUTU wrote:... what about Ottl, Lell, Rensing, Kraft, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Contento?

But he has a point. I don't think Gustavo or Dante woud have gotten a seleccao call up had they not been downing red. Hell, I bet even Rafinha was considered at least once. At least for Brazil.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:... what about Ottl, Lell, Rensing, Kraft, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Contento?

But he has a point. I don't think Gustavo or Dante woud have gotten a seleccao call up had they not been downing red. Hell, I bet even Rafinha was considered at least once. At least for Brazil.

So please explain why Gomez would weaken his chances by moving to Bayern while Wagner would improve his chances. If anything, one would expect Gomez to fit in faster.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Because Wagner is already being called up. Gomez needs to prove himself again
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:56 pm

MUTU wrote:... what about Ottl, Lell, Rensing, Kraft, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Contento

Oranges vs Apples

Their spot competition was bugger and at the moment Wagner is much better quality-wise than those football dwarfs you mentioned.
It's Wagner vs Gomez actually cuz Werner obviously is considered a member and maybe a starter I suppose plus Muller. That's all Germany's serious strikers. To beat out a 32-y old Gomez who isn't at his best currently well it's not a miracle, maybe both could go at Russia.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:31 pm

MUTU wrote:It's amazing how unpopular he was a while ago.

He still is...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

So please explain why Gomez would weaken his chances by moving to Bayern while Wagner would improve his chances. If anything, one would expect Gomez to fit in faster.

I also don’t get this logic. Gomez didn’t come to Bayern because he wants regular game time as a CF before a WC year, so why would Wagner want to sacrifice his regular CF role at Hoffenheim to come to Munich and sit on the bench and be Lewandowski’s backup?

While his competitors Werner, Gomez, etc. would be playing regularly and strengthening their case for a WC berth, he would be playing second fiddle to Lewandowski when instead he could be the main man at Hoffenheim in a WC year. Something doesn’t add up!

I don’t follow much German football apart from our games, has Wagner become second choice at Hoffenheim or something? Has he lost his starting spot over there?
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

He’s not 20 anymore and from Munich... A last big contract, making a few millions... I know I‘d do it...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 pm

#12 wrote:He’s not 20 anymore and from Munich... A last big contract, making a few millions... I know I‘d do it...

And in the process possibly jeopardize his once in a lifetime chance to play the WC? He can still come to Bayern in the summer transfer window but the WC comes only once in four years!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

I doubt he would make such a decision without having talked to Joachim Löw. He was with the team last week and in addition, Löw always has contact with the players even outside the international break; there have been so many statements by both players and Löw about imminent transfers it leads me to believe they're asking his opinion and what effect it might have for their WC chances in most cases.

On Sky they said tonight it's only about the transfer fee now, and mentioned 15-16m as a likely figure.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 am

In my opinion Sandro Wagner called for the World Cup or not as nothing to do with himself but more about Werner and Gomez form.

If Werner and Gomez are fit, I don't see Wagner in the World Cup whatever he plays everygame for Hoffenheim or stay on the bench for Bayern.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng(Süle), Hummels(Süle), Alaba - Vidal(Martinez) - Robben(Müller), Müller(James), Thiago(Vidal), Ribéry(Coman) - Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby harry-muc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

#12 wrote:

He still is...

he fought his way to the "top" against the odds. great attitude...unlike the kinds of podolski, who had it all from the beginning and threw it away. perfect backup striker...and he is from munich. muc rules.

America USA wrote:
#12 wrote:He’s not 20 anymore and from Munich... A last big contract, making a few millions... I know I‘d do it...

And in the process possibly jeopardize his once in a lifetime chance to play the WC? He can still come to Bayern in the summer transfer window but the WC comes only once in four years!

wc my ass. he has the once in a lifetime chance to play in his hometown for bayern. no one knows what will be next summer.
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:51 pm

harry-muc wrote:
#12 wrote:

He still is...

he fought his way to the "top" against the odds. great attitude...unlike the kinds of podolski, who had it all from the beginning and threw it away. perfect backup striker...and he is from munich. muc rules.

America USA wrote:

wc my ass. he has the once in a lifetime chance to play in his hometown for bayern. no one knows what will be next summer.

True... But I still don’t like him
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News