You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I think he should be strongly considered especially since Pizarro will be gone next year. He has two years left on his contract and if this goes like the Kagawa saga for Dortmund he could be Bayern's for 15-20m. Just imagine Gomez, Mandzukic, and Lewandowski WTF!!!!!! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern/robert-lewandowski-flirtet-wieder-bayern-muenchen-2489923.html
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Mandzukic, Gomez and Lewandowski would be insane. With Pizarro leaving next summer we're definitely getting another striker, however I have the feeling that Petersen will play a really good season in Bremen and that we will get him back instead of buying someone else, since he'll be good enough to be a third striker by then and he'll have plenty of Bundesliga games under his belt. Then again, we could also sell Petersen to Bremen, but I think the board quite like him

edit: and Bremen simply don't have the money to buy Petersen, they would probably offer 3-3,5 mil
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I keep thinking Lewandowski is overrated and he keeps proving me wrong. But having three top strikers isn't always a good idea as they start complaining. United were playing Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Berbatov in the 2009 CL Final, that didn't work out.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 pm

^ With United's midfield, they can play Messi-Ronaldo-Falcao upfront and still end up doing nothing :P

On topic, I've also always thought that he is overrated, yet he keeps on improving. Whether we go after him or not will mainly depend on the new coach we'll be getting next season though.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:53 am

Unless we happen to sell Gomez, which isn't going to happen, Lewandowski will stay far away from this team.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

We can switch to two striker mode.... Besides, if we can park 70 million (+ -) in DM midfield, why can't we invest 70 million in strikers? We are more than halfway there.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:38 am

We are in two striker mode with Müller on the field. Besides, you can kiss the highest pass completion ratio in Europe goodbye if you have Gomez and Lewandowski up front.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 am

quaazi wrote:We are in two striker mode with Müller on the field. Besides, you can kiss the highest pass completion ratio in Europe goodbye if you have Gomez and Lewandowski up front.

I can guarantee that 20 corners kicks will not end up being 0 goals :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:52 am

Mueller is only good as an striker when it is completely impossible to score. And no, I'd rather have him as a winger TBH. He is the only one who can match Ribery's crosses.

About that pass completion rate, the last thing that worries me is Gomez or Lewandowsky's passing. They are not there to pass, they are there to score dammit! :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 pm

tflags wrote:Mueller is only good as an striker when it is completely impossible to score. And no, I'd rather have him as a winger TBH. He is the only one who can match Ribery's crosses.

About that pass completion rate, the last thing that worries me is Gomez or Lewandowsky's passing. They are not there to pass, they are there to score dammit! :P

Sorry but I disagree. Thomas Müller is at times a good, mostly decent, winger but in my view by no means a long term solution for the RM position. His low crosses may be sharp but often imprecise and he lacks the technique for crosses like Mandzukic displayed one before Müller scored his 1:1 equalizer against Stuttgart. They rarely ever result in anything dangerous aside from counter attack situations. I'm very interested in how Müller will do with two creative central midfielders (Schweinsteiger + Martinez) and a striker like Mandzukic who is able to take part in our quick combination play.

We saw it against Chelsea and against Stuttgart again, Thomas Müller is so immensely valuable when he penetrates the penalty box down the center but his body physique and technique are just not suited for the wings as we play them. Especially against very defensive teams. I really hope Müller can repeat his 09/10 form with this new environment that seems much more suited for his playstile than it was with pure poacher like Gomez in front of him, a pure defensive midfielder like Gustavo who lacks footballing abilities and Bastian Schweinsteiger obviously incapable to do all the buildup alone. There was logically no other choice than to use Kroos who may very well from Martinez, too. It'll be a cracking competition fore sure with Shaqiri being in the picture, too.

Lewandowski on the other hand will only be a matter should Mario Gomez lose the duel against Mario Mandzukic for the starting lineup and therefore ask the management to allow a transfer to another international top club. The Polish international will not be signed as a third striker in a one striker system and furthermore it is my opinion that Claudio Pizarro may very well stay here until 2014/15. He will be our international old hand for the important games.

From today's view it's 5-10% probability max.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IdealGas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Dortmund striker Lewandowski open to Bayern move
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... eakingnews

...Once again, goal.com continues to fail. Don't they ever check their info before posting?! :roll:
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

quaazi wrote:We are in two striker mode with Müller on the field. Besides, you can kiss the highest pass completion ratio in Europe goodbye if you have Gomez and Lewandowski up front.

Yeah, I couldn't give less of a shit about these stats. I'll be fine being last in that table as long as it wins us trophies.

That said, I too am not in favor of a fixed two striker system. The Avant Garde of football is seriously thinking about doing away with the striker position altogether and using a "false 9" instead. Modern strikers adapt to that and move away from being the pure poachers and target men of the past. That's why Klose is so highly rated for example, who can almost be classified as a "false 9" himself.

I'm fine with having a real striker on the pitch and I'm fine with that dude being the pure poacher that Gómez is, as long as he delivers like he did last year. That the Gómez type player is a dying breed though, is a fact.

We have a super young, physically and technically strong player in our squad that, I think, could very well become one of the best false 9's in the game. That guy is Xherdan Shaqiri and I sincerely hope we sign Guardiola next year so we may even have a chance of seeing Shaq develop this way.

For as long as we have all these pure strikers in our squad though, I don't think we need yet even another one. Count my vote against Lewandowski please.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby smaw2010 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Unless we change our tactic or Mandzukic is willing to be a third substitue, he will not come, but I would love to have him here. Maybe we could exchange Mandzukic for Lewandowski.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Commodore wrote:Yeah, I couldn't give less of a shit about these stats. I'll be fine being last in that table as long as it wins us trophies.

The stats weren't the point, that they symbolized a technical possession heavy style of football was. If we want to continue this style set in motion by van Gaal, we need to do exactly what you said - employ a false nine.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:06 pm

quaazi wrote:
Commodore wrote:Yeah, I couldn't give less of a shit about these stats. I'll be fine being last in that table as long as it wins us trophies.

The stats weren't the point, that they symbolized a technical possession heavy style of football was. If we want to continue this style set in motion by van Gaal, we need to do exactly what you said - employ a false nine.

That can backfire hideously if employed incorrectly or if defended well against.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News