You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Yeah, but that’s neglecting that overall revenue and profit have at least doubled since then...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

I read somewhere on instagram(yea, not really the best source) that Zahavi's contract runs till 31 august(transfer market end). Any idea if this is true or it's just shit to boil the already boiled shit?

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:56 am

Machiavellico wrote:I read somewhere on instagram(yea, not really the best source) that Zahavi's contract runs till 31 august(transfer market end). Any idea if this is true or it's just shit to boil the already boiled shit?

Yeah I believe that's what Kicker is reporting.
Mark Lovell of ESPN is saying the same (I know most don't rate ESPN but Mark is a good guy who knows his stuff)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:45 am

aterford wrote:All good brother. I apologize if I came off too abrasive.

Are you serious? We're discussing my friend. It would be kind of silly for us to be taking offence at a conflicting opinion on a forum which is what forums are fundamentally about, and extra silly for me since I made this forum

So yes, all good :) :)

By the way, for the record regarding Lewandowski's contract and ever-increasing transfer values, do we really afford NOT to sell Lewandowski? Let's say I am right with my prediction and we sell him for 55m (hopefully more). We would get 55m plus his salary of 3 years. If I am not mistaken before his renewal he was on 16m, he's probably on more now but let's use 16m. In three years that's 48m plus the 55m that's around 35m per year for three years. And that's using my figure of 55m sale. Quite a lot of money for a player who sooner or later will need to be changed anyway. So sitting on our laurels and demanding Lewandowski see out his contract is expensive. And when we eventually need to get his replacement our coffers will be at least a 100m emptier: the difference needed to buy a star rather than a promising youngster.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:27 pm

MUTU wrote:And when we eventually need to get his replacement our coffers will be at least a 100m emptier: the difference needed to buy a star rather than a promising youngster.

Well cmon Mutu, selling Lewandowski will only be to fill the coffers which is something Bayern does not do and does not need to do.
Also, the club is never going to pay more than 70-80 million required for top established players in a contract.

So, your reasoning to sell Lewandowski requires the club hierachy to do 2 things they have never done before. With this management, it is more likely that I will win the lottery.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:40 pm

It's an interesting question for sure.
For many, myself included, first logic says "No way you can replace Lewandowski, he is one of the best, whoever you will get will be a step down".
There may be some truth to that. Or maybe just half of it! I think it's possible for me to say "Lewy is one of the best" while at the same time saying "we could replace him and not lose much production". But I'm not sure.

The trouble has always been that we don't have a backup striker (of course now we do, but for me it's too small a sample size to draw much of a meaningful conclusion). Over the past seasons with Lewy, when he's been out, we have ended up putting Müller up top (Please, God, never again) or just playing a false-9 type thing. So not only has it been problematic that we don't have a quality CF when Lewy is out - that's hurt us in the past - but it also is problematic in that we really don't know much about what we can say regarding "Life after Lewy". Again, perhaps with Wagner things will become a bit more clear. But over the past few seasons, we haven't really had a comparison. It'd be one thing if we had a TRUE backup CF for the past few seasons - and when he played, if it was a clear, noticeable step down, we'd know we'd have a tough time replacing Lewy. But what if it's true - as some have mentioned - what if we plug in just about any "above average" striker and get similar results. So it is difficult, because we just don't really know for sure.

Something that was interesting to me about the 12-13 team was that I felt perfectly comfortable playing any of Mandzukic, Pizarro, or Gomez. I think most people would tell you that (sorry Mutu) Lewandowski is a better striker than any of those three. But we (obviously) got great results with an interchange of three "lesser" strikers. And it feels as though our team has still been built in a similar fashion. So it makes me wonder just how much of a drop-off we'd see with a "lesser" player in at CF. In isolation, common sense tells me that pretty much anyone besides Suarez, Kane, Cavani, etc would be a step down. But in our system? Well, I'm not sure it's the same as in isolation.

And so it brings back the question of replacement cost/transfer fee vs "pitch value". In the coming days, perhaps if there is time, I'd like to try and take a look at Lewandowski's performance and roughly how much it's worth to us (monetarily) on the pitch and see how that compares to other players/how much it would cost to get to similar performance/production levels.

All in all, I don't know why, but my gut still says he ends up going this summer; not sure how to feel about that.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Ed. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:00 pm

aterford wrote:
In isolation, common sense tells me that pretty much anyone besides Suarez, Kane, Cavani, etc would be a step down. But in our system? Well, I'm not sure it's the same as in isolation

We don't have prime Robben+Ribery anymore and there is no one waiting in the wings (literally :D ) that can replicate their productivity and attacking threat, so it is not the same system we have now as in 2013. This current team would struggle very very badly without a 9 like Lewandowski.

So, unless we have a major overhaul in attacking players, I don't see how we can do without a world class no 9.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:And when we eventually need to get his replacement our coffers will be at least a 100m emptier: the difference needed to buy a star rather than a promising youngster.

Well cmon Mutu, selling Lewandowski will only be to fill the coffers which is something Bayern does not do and does not need to do.
Also, the club is never going to pay more than 70-80 million required for top established players in a contract.

So, your reasoning to sell Lewandowski requires the club hierachy to do 2 things they have never done before. With this management, it is more likely that I will win the lottery.

I didn't say that, you understood it completely out of context.

We need to dig deep into our coffers to get a Lewandowski replacement. That's going to happen maybe this summer or maybe in 3 years time. One day, it's going to happen. If we sell Lewandowski now, we'll have recouped at least 100m through transfer and salaries, even with conservative figures. Thus we'd have more to spend on Lewandowski's replacement. If we were budgeting 80m in total to replace Lewandowski, we could get an €80m striker in 3 years time or a €180m one this summer.

Of course, if we get a replacement now, we're still going to pay him a salary, but this extent is not a known figure. It could be we'd get a highly promising youngster from South America, for example, and pay him a quarter of Lewandowski's salary.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:57 pm

aterford wrote:I think most people would tell you that (sorry Mutu) Lewandowski is a better striker than any of those three.

People may THINK that. I KNOW otherwise :ubergeek:

Lewandowski has scored a lot of goals, but purely in statistical terms he is no match for Super Mario "El Torero" Gomez Garcia.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aryagorn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 am

Says Pini Zahavi wants to transfer Robert Lewandowski to PSG. Lewy is interested in the project. For Zahavi, all signals are green.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:21 am

Aryagorn wrote:Says Pini Zahavi wants to transfer Robert Lewandowski to PSG. Lewy is interested in the project. For Zahavi, all signals are green.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

PSG? Who's leaving? Or are they going to relegate one of Neymar, Cavani or Mbappe to the bench?

PS: Why does Zahavi look like he's having some 'personal time' in that photo? :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernFL117 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Atleast we wouldn't be selling him to a champions league rival :lol: If that happens Cavani is going to Chelsea
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Would be preferable to Real Madrid. That's what I was saying a couple weeks ago...plus you know they'll be willing to pay pretty much whatever.
I also saw that perhaps Chelsea were interested, also better than selling to Madrid, at least in a sporting perspective
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Bild | Bayern's attacking replacement if Lewandowski leaves:

Timo Werner 50%
Paulo Dybala 30%
Mauro Icardi 30%
Alvaro Morata 25%
Sandro Wagner as main striker 10%
Fiete Arp 5%
Thomas Müller as striker 5%
Harry Kane 1%
Andrea Belotti 1%
Mariano Diaz 1%

Lewandowski stays 75 %
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:38 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Bild | Bayern's attacking replacement if Lewandowski leaves:

Timo Werner 50%
Paulo Dybala 30%
Mauro Icardi 30%
Alvaro Morata 25%
Sandro Wagner as main striker 10%
Fiete Arp 5%
Thomas Müller as striker 5%
Harry Kane 1%
Andrea Belotti 1%
Mariano Diaz 1%

Lewandowski stays 75 %
Who is Mariano Diaz?

From the list above only Werner will be welcome...

Icardi is a bitch
Morata is not Bayern material
Dybala is not a main striker

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News