You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Valerio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
Valerio wrote:
MUTU wrote:Lewandowski has been flirting with Real Madrid. This has been confirmed by FC Bayern board who mentioned something with regards to Lewandowski wanting to play for Real Madrid. So, if hypothetically Lewandowski keeps pressing for a move, we have three options:

1) Keep playing him to the detriment of the dressing room atmosphere and (probably) his performance
2) Send him to the stands for the rest of his contract, buy a replacement striker (one of his level would probably cost €150m+) and let him move on a free transfer at the end of the contract while still paying him his salary.
3) Sell him for a premium price to Real Madrid and use that money to buy a replacement.

Of course, if Lewandowski is not pressing for a move, my opinion is that this argument is moot and we should not consider selling him unless Real Madrid offer us a crazy amount of money (like €300m).

where is a striker younger than Lewandosky that can offer what he does on the pitch?
He is the best 9 in the world right now and even in the younger generation I don't see anyone coming close to what he is.
If I were the Big Boss I'd increase his wages and keep him until he is 32.

So for you, option #1 works? You do realize he'd probably play badly as he is unhappy, spoil the dressing room atmosphere and then leave on a free and we'd still need to get a replacement... without any cash.

Options 1 and 2 above for me are not feasible. If Lewandowski demands to leave, only option 3 is sensible.

I said increase his wages. In the end it comes down to money.
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

:coffee:

Are you actually happy with his answer? I'd have been happy with an answer like: "I am a Bayern Munich player and I'm happy here"
I'd have been delighted with: "I'm already at the best club in the world, I don't need to move anywhere"
I'm underwhelmed by his answer which to me translates to "please don't open old wounds".

It sounds very much to me like Hoeness' advice to Watzke was unleashed upon Lewandowski.

My personal opinion is that Lewandowski is going to play for Real one day.

For me Lewandowski is not just one of greatest strikers in the world, as he is often lauded, but also one of the best players in the World.But Real ask about him in 2013,the rumours heat up again in 2016,2017 and we're starting the year with the same thing.Playing for Real Madrid is an old aspiration of Robert. He has always been one of those players not backwards in coming forwards when expressing his feelings for them,and his answers are showing that there is still something burning inside him about this situation.On the other side-Bayern seem determined not to close the doors to anyone who doesn't want to continue with them, at least that's what KHR said the other day.
Regardless, maybe Lewandowski should follow the sage advice of Stills for a while—at least until Bayern’s run at a Champions League title and possible treble ends: “If you can’t be with the one you love, honey, love the one you’re with.”

I don't want to give Lewa on Real,but also i don't know what's the situation is going to be after 4-5 months.IF Bayern is ready to open new page without him-for me anything less than 90M + Bale is unacceptable.

And if i had to be honest-i don't want to see Werner playing for Real and i think they will try to land him sooner or later.If they attract Robert-i'm almost 100 % sure that Bayern will pay 70M for Timo.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Valerio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:If Muller wants to leave then? would you again pose these 3 options and show that letting him leave is in the best interests of your club?

Yes, I would.
And we were never closer to that than when we had Ancelotti as coach. Back then, Ancelotti was at fault. This is different. Mueller has never used us as a stepping stone to his dream club. We ARE his dream club. He's very happy to be here, unless Ancelotti is the coach.

But, should hypothetically Mueller want to leave desperately, then by all means cash in on him. It's by far the most common option out of the 3. Option 1 would be Ballack. Option 2 I can't even think of an example. Option 3 is every single player who was sold while his club still needed someone of his qualities.

Why this sound like what Marotta repeats every summer?
"if a player ask to leave will comply"
Last edited by Valerio on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Eh, the name of the club Real Madrid has come up too often to only be about the money, in my opinion. I think he sees a sporting reason for moving there. With him being 29 years old, his next contract will probably determine whether or not he will ever play for Real Madrid.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm

If they don't get Lewandowski i hope they go for Icardi, if not it's goodbye Werner for us.
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Valerio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

MUTU wrote:Eh, the name of the club Real Madrid has come up too often to only be about the money, in my opinion. I think he sees a sporting reason for moving there. With him being 29 years old, his next contract will probably determine whether or not he will ever play for Real Madrid.

Ok then but at least Bayern won't go down without fighting.
Rob them of a huge amount of money :D
But still Lewandosky leaving would be a colossal loss for Bayern
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Valerio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:29 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:If they don't get Lewandowski i hope they go for Icardi, if not it's goodbye Werner for us.

I Think Icardi is their backup plan in case they fail to sign Lewandosky or Kane.
They know they can buy Icardi whenever they want for 110m release clause
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 pm

If somebody know more, please help me. In the winter of 2014 when he was entering the final months of contract with Dortmund, he could have signed for Real NOT for Bayern. Even if we dont want to recognise, it is clear that he wants to go to Real. If this would not be true he would not have said that he doesnt want to comment or something like this, instead that he never wanted to go to Real, he doesnt want to go, and he wont go to Real. STOP. PERIOD. And all this talk about Real would have stopped. But the player want. My question, why didnt he chose Real in the winter of 2014, and he chosed Bayern. I think that he realised in the mean time, that Real is more powerfull than Bayern, and a german club cannot reach the CL final, with Real, Barca and english clubs power of spending. 3 CL in 4 years for Real convinced him that he made a big mistake by thinking that Bayern (even as the winner of 2013) will be the apex predator in european football, exactly what Real ultimately is. Funnly Real became what he was thinking Bayern will be. He bet on the wrong horse, and he failled.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm

My opinion is

Lewandowski joined us because we were the best team but he's always dreamed of playing for Real Madrid. But with his contract extension he realised that playing for Real Madrid is not an option anymore as he is already 29

Having said this, Bayern is not like HELL for him and he seems to be happy here providing that we are CL contenders. If we become AC Milan he would request a transfer immediately
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Agree with Ylonen and Prasun, this is the same old bullshit coming from Spanish media. They can go and do one. Real have been linked with Robert, Kane, Icardi, Mbappe, Courtois, Hazard, Dybala, De gea, Neymar and Salah. FFS where the **** is Madrid gonna get the money to buy even half of those guys just mentioned? [-X

I personally want Lewandowski to stay at least until 2020 then he can go but if he is hell bent on leaving (which I don’t think is the case) then we should sell him for €70-80m because Real are desperate.
Last edited by America USA on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 pm

As far as I'm concerned... Lewandowski :arrow: aus

We can cash him for a great amount of money, but the guy is really unpredictable. I don't know what to think about Lewy, is he really thinking about leaving or staying, though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he states his intention to Bayern about transfer request. Nothing weird for Slavic nations to value highly both Real Madrid and Barcelona and I think among the mentioned the same stands for Polish people, though.

I expect Lewy to stay because he's doing very well here even I still think he must perform much better than this what he's offering.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 pm

At the end of the day I have said for quite some time that Lewandowski is just a consummate professional and he will always look out for himself. Perhaps I am judging the guy wrong, but he has never seemed to have the sense of "connection" to a club that many players do (be it Bayern, Dortmund, Lech Poznan, wherever). BUT, he has always acted professionally and played his hardest wherever he is. Even when it was decided he would move to Bayern, he still played out his contract with Dortmund and gave them full effort to try and win with them.
Similarly, I am not too worried about his conduct at Bayern. As of yet, he hasn't shown himself to be "distracted" or to be causing any problems in the dressing room. Even if he is thinking about a move to Madrid, it seems that right now it hasn't impacted the team in a negative way nor has it had an adverse impact on his performances. He is still working hard for us as he is a Bayern player.
So....it wouldn't surprise me if he did move on someday, perhaps sooner than later, but I have no doubt he will play at his best until that day comes.

That being said...Virtually anyone will be a huge step down. Werner would be a nice option, but for me only Harry Kane is close to Lewy in quality right now. Perhaps if we sold him and Vidal we'd be willing to pay whatever the extra cash would be required to get him (IMO Lewy is still worth €100m at worst and €30m for Vidal; Kane on the other hand will probably sell for closer to €200m but if we sell those two and have to shell out an additional €50, 60m out of pocket, MAYBE. But I kinda doubt it)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 pm

aterford wrote:At the end of the day I have said for quite some time that Lewandowski is just a consummate professional and he will always look out for himself. Perhaps I am judging the guy wrong, but he has never seemed to have the sense of "connection" to a club that many players do (be it Bayern, Dortmund, Lech Poznan, wherever). BUT, he has always acted professionally and played his hardest wherever he is. Even when it was decided he would move to Bayern, he still played out his contract with Dortmund and gave them full effort to try and win with them.
Similarly, I am not too worried about his conduct at Bayern. As of yet, he hasn't shown himself to be "distracted" or to be causing any problems in the dressing room. Even if he is thinking about a move to Madrid, it seems that right now it hasn't impacted the team in a negative way nor has it had an adverse impact on his performances. He is still working hard for us as he is a Bayern player.
So....it wouldn't surprise me if he did move on someday, perhaps sooner than later, but I have no doubt he will play at his best until that day comes.

That being said...Virtually anyone will be a huge step down. Werner would be a nice option, but for me only Harry Kane is close to Lewy in quality right now. Perhaps if we sold him and Vidal we'd be willing to pay whatever the extra cash would be required to get him (IMO Lewy is still worth €100m at worst and €30m for Vidal; Kane on the other hand will probably sell for closer to €200m but if we sell those two and have to shell out an additional €50, 60m out of pocket, MAYBE. But I kinda doubt it)

Suarez is better than both Kane and Lewandowski, but we as Bayern fans we blind ourselves by saying that Lewandowski is better. His touch of the ball, the way he kicks the ball from 15-20 meters the goalkeeper is more than a classic 9 like Kane, Lewa and Icardi can do. Have a look at his goal vs Real Sociedad, the elegance and the talent of the shot , is more than Lewas athletic goal vs Wolsburg 2 years ago, and more tha he, Kane or Icardi can do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ZIMxL1MyM
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 pm

I don't believe Suarez has been near either of their levels for about a year or so....He has been playing well in the past couple of weeks, but on the whole has been in pretty poor form this season. The numbers bear this out, too....Kane and Lewy both have been scoring and assisting at a much better rate. Also, he's 31.....we're not going to replace 29-y.o. Lewy with 31 y.o. Suarez (nor would we meet Barca's price to sign a 31-y.o.)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

aterford wrote:I don't believe Suarez has been near either of their levels for about a year or so....He has been playing well in the past couple of weeks, but on the whole has been in pretty poor form this season. The numbers bear this out, too....Kane and Lewy both have been scoring and assisting at a much better rate. Also, he's 31.....we're not going to replace 29-y.o. Lewy with 31 y.o. Suarez (nor would we meet Barca's price to sign a 31-y.o.)

But I can dream of having Suarez in my team :D [-o<
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News