You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby BayernLove » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:19 pm

AssemFCB wrote:
quaazi wrote:
Commodore wrote:Yeah, I couldn't give less of a shit about these stats. I'll be fine being last in that table as long as it wins us trophies.

The stats weren't the point, that they symbolized a technical possession heavy style of football was. If we want to continue this style set in motion by van Gaal, we need to do exactly what you said - employ a false nine.

That can backfire hideously if employed incorrectly or if defended well against.

Or if the player cannot play striker even as false nine or especially at false 9.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:55 pm

AssemFCB wrote:That can backfire hideously if employed incorrectly or if defended well against.

NUMBER OF TITLES WON DURING THE LAST TWO SEASONS!?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AdepT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm

IdealGas wrote:Dortmund striker Lewandowski open to Bayern move
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... eakingnews

...Once again, goal.com continues to fail. Don't they ever check their info before posting?! :roll:

Most of the goal.com editors s*uck big time. The site's probably under-employed. Though some articles at times are good.

I LOLed when I saw the last two lines.

""However, I am completely focused on Borussia Dortmund for now."

Lewandowski has a contract with Bayern until June 2014.
"
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes, that was her point, thank you.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 pm

quaazi wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:That can backfire hideously if employed incorrectly or if defended well against.

NUMBER OF TITLES WON DURING THE LAST TWO SEASONS!?

At least we know we're onto something. Why scrap that and employ a false 9? I feel we're really close to exploding (positively), it would be impractical to now try to copy Barça and Spain because it worked for them.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 pm

I completely agree! Bayern was second in all competitons last year, even though that doesnt sound good to us because we all expect Bayern to win the treble every year :mrgreen: but you have to remember that is a great improvement from the previous years and instead of scrapping what Bayern has and starting over they should build on it cause if it wasnt for a couple misfortunate events last year Bayern and Germany NT wud have been kings of Germany and Europe last year. The last thing I think they need is to start moving away from what they have cause developing a whole new system wud put Bayern probably have transistion seasons like 10/11 and no one wants that [-X [-X
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm

No one is talking about making Shaqiri the false 9 right now. Not considering him for that role somewhere down the road in the future would be a crime though. The dude has everything you need to have to become an awesome false 9, and if we really sign Pep next year, I can really see him developing Shaq to this role.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 am

I don't believe playing a false 9 is a good idea against teams effectively "parking the bus". You need a striker (and in many times, two) in order to crack those teams open. We can compare Barca vs. Chelsea and Bayern vs. Chelsea from last year (of course, ignoring the LUCK factor). In the former matchup, Barca went through hell trying to break the Chelsea defense. They clearly controlled everything, but they just couldn't create enough chances. On the other hand, we had a similar control, but with MUCH more created chances. Only our impotency failed us miserably. The presence of a striker inside the box kept the CBs busy at all times, and thus limiting their times to re-organize and "park" properly.

False 9 might be devastating against opponents with "minivans", but it proved (up till now at least) that is powerless against those with the "Routemasters".
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Commodore » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:24 am

There's no "Silver Bullet" tactic that beats everything, and over in the "Formations and Tactics" thread I wrote a similar post to the one you just did.

The thing here is that teams that "park a minivan" don't do so because they choose to do so. Believe me, if they could park a proper bus, they would. These are the majority of teams that we will face throughout the year. One minivan after the other. Once or twice a year we may encounter a team that is actually capable - tactically and physically - of "parking a plane". Those are the teams that we need these one or two guys in the box against (and guys who can exploit the wings properly, but fortunately we have those).

The difficult thing here is to keep those two guys happy and with match practice throughout the year. It's a balancing act, but I think it's one that can be managed.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:59 am

Commodore wrote:There's no "Silver Bullet" tactic that beats everything, and over in the "Formations and Tactics" thread I wrote a similar post to the one you just did.

The thing here is that teams that "park a minivan" don't do so because they choose to do so. Believe me, if they could park a proper bus, they would. These are the majority of teams that we will face throughout the year. One minivan after the other. Once or twice a year we may encounter a team that is actually capable - tactically and physically - of "parking a plane". Those are the teams that we need these one or two guys in the box against (and guys who can exploit the wings properly, but fortunately we have those).

The difficult thing here is to keep those two guys happy and with match practice throughout the year. It's a balancing act, but I think it's one that can be managed.

It wudnt be hard to keep Mandzukic happy even if Mario takes over cause it wasnt like he was an expected starter, circumstances have led to his start but idk about Gomez but i doubt he wud complain too much he seems like a nice cool headed player.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Re: Borussia Dortmund discussion thread

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Some sites (sourced from Bild) are noting El Kloppo wants to replace Lewandowski with Ecuador NT's top striker Felipe Caicedo. Interesting note first of all because the Polish forward has reportedly turned down offers to renew his contract and of course for 'Felipao' who surely is one heck of an player; his recent return to the NT catapulting Ecuador to second place on its WC qualification charts.

[ :mrgreen: ]I don't believe Ecuador has ever had a surplus of strikers, the other one being C. Benitez; Mexico's first league top goalscorer.[/ :mrgreen: ]
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: Borussia Dortmund discussion thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I guess its gonna be the Kagawa scenario again where thy will be forces to sell Lewandowski. I can see him going to Chelsea or Man C if either one cant get Cavani or Falcao....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sven31 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

if he goes to chelsea or man city he'll rot on the bentch.. look what happens to dezko.. i would be more than happy if he remains in dortmund for life... dortmund is a big club and has started to perform well in europe..
Pre pay mania
sven31
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 pm

He would probably play more at Chelsea than Man C since Chelsea only has Torres and lol Sturridge to play CF :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorsett » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't think Lewandowski would fit in Chelsea or any other English club, only place I can see him playing is Dortmund.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News