You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robbery's successors

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Robbery's successors

Postby Alduin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 am

aterford wrote:
Alduin wrote:I agree with everyone that says that probably almost any signing would be a downgrade from Robbéry but we can seriously push for a World Class Player signing, is not like we are poor or something and the great majority of players would sign for us even if they say on interviews that they would like to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Every player knows Bayern is always a favorite to win major trophies every year and almost all the players want to win titles and of course wearing a shirt on the field is an honor that most of the players would die for at the end of the day.

Sure, but you must ask two questions.
1. Which world-class wingers are (realistically) available?
2. Will Bayern break their transfer record to sign them?

There are a handful of guys out there who are truly WC wingers. But are we going to spend €60, €70, €80m on any one of them? I have serious doubts there. Not saying I wouldn't support such a move, but I'd be shocked if the club did it.

I understand the point of your question but I am almost sure that the board will change their position regarding how much we spend in a signing if we actually need a player. The background of this idea is how the board has great ambitions regarding the image of Bayern at an international level and in order to increase that image they may sign a superstar, specially if that player can also increase the marketing of the team and even more if we need the player.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 am

Yes, the board does wish to increase our image on the international stage BUT at the same time big transfer fees always come with big contracts and in the past our board has been very, VERY reluctant to upset the 'wage hierarchy' at the club.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:23 am

Now, this is interesting...

A) not all big signings would be tied to big contracts. For example, if we got say... The Monaco guy Coman Is always raving about, he wouldn't demand a top wage. Look at Renato, he cost an incredible fee, but his wages are (if I'm not mistaken) quite low.

B) is our wage structure really way below other teams? I doubt so... I mean, If we got Alexis, wouldn't a wage equivalent to Lewy's be enough to satisfy him? I don't know the numbers, but logic indicates it would, otherwise Lewy wouldn't have renewed.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Now, this is interesting...

A) not all big signings would be tied to big contracts. For example, if we got say... The Monaco guy Coman Is always raving about, he wouldn't demand a top wage. Look at Renato, he cost an incredible fee, but his wages are (if I'm not mistaken) quite low.

B) is our wage structure really way below other teams? I doubt so... I mean, If we got Alexis, wouldn't a wage equivalent to Lewy's be enough to satisfy him? I don't know the numbers, but logic indicates it would, otherwise Lewy wouldn't have renewed.

Perhaps in the first case, but people asking for an "immediate impact" player like Sanchez or Hazard *would* come with huge wages. In the past the board has been very reluctant to give big wages to a new player regardless of status.
Vidal and Alonso have been close, but still both are below the wages of Robben, Ribery, Lahm, and Lewy...
Hard to get any concrete numbers on most of these things but the speculated numbers show Robben, Ribery, Lahm, and Lewandowski as our top earners on €160,000 a week. Lewandowski's now likely higher than that with his new deal.
Still, Alexis Sanchez already earns €165,000/week and his wages have been at least part of why he hasn't renewed yet. Hazard makes a whopping €235,000/week.
Will we pay big for a new winger? Perhaps. Will we pay big for a new winger and make them step into the team as our highest-paid player? That would be very, very out of character.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:01 am

Well, we certainly aren't paying for hazards wages. But I think we should be able to bring in Alexis at Lewy wages.

No gross vs net difference between England and Germany I gather?

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bentonomo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am

Alexis is very far from being a Ribery or Robben at his age. (28)
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby Pelin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 am

English clubs likes overpaying. For instance, current Chealse squad's wage bill is close to Real's wage bill. Making Sanchez our top earner is a crazy idea.in addition, l'm sure that we will overpay when needed like Kalle said.

Honestly, l'd sign B.Silva+Dahoud this summer, try for Dembele in 2018 when Robben retires.so Sanchez can stay where he is.

Btw, who cares about players's dream club? Auba's Real dream and Dembele's Barca dream doesn't make this crap as a general judgement.After all, Bayern signed Süle as 4th CB and 18 years old Sanches for 80 m euros with bonuses, who showed nothing, but he was a special according to Reschke. Would you believe this before? Nope.

Barca is everyone's dream yet Barca is the team who replaced D.Alves with A.Vidal, Xavi with Rakitic and iniesta with A.Gomes. Dream thing plays a very little role for transfers.

-City.
-Lifestyle.
-Family
-Team's ambitious.
-Starting place.
-money e.t.c.

Many factors plays role in transfers. Believe me, as long as Bayern's goal is winning both CL and BL, it will be easy to attract world class players even if we play lower wages to them.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:22 am

I would mostly agree, but at least re: Dembele--I don't think Dortmund will sell him any time soon but if and when they are willing to sell, I think any one of Messi/Suarez/Neymar will no longer be at Barca which could open more space for Dembele to get in. I would largely agree that "dream club" doesn't mean a ton, but at the same time if both Barcelona and Bayern came after Dembele I don't like our odds in those negotiations.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:23 pm

aterford wrote:Realistically, how many players out there are amongst the top 5 at their position that would be available for us? Guys like Messi, Cristiano, Neymar, Bale, etc are probably at or close to "peak Robbery". Sanchez and Hazard, maybe Griezmann--are close but I don't think there's anyone who'd say that they are as good as Ribery or Robben has been. The rest? Brandt, Draxler, Sane, Dembele, Silva, Gnabry, Carrasco, Mané, etc--all very talented players but we must admit they are a step down as well.

So my point is this. We can say that Coman/Costa are not quite to Ribery/Robben level. But the fact of the matter is that if we are ready to count them out for not being Robbery-level then in order to be consistent we must also exclude virtually all of the aforementioned.
We must be willing to concede that the odds of getting another Ribery/Robben type player are not great. And that's okay. Will Madrid find another Cristiano? Will Barcelona find another Messi? Probably not any time soon! But they will still be okay. Such is the same for Bayern, IMO. I rate Robben and Ribery right up there with Messi and Cristiano. Once-in-a-generation type players. It may be another decade before we get even ONE winger of Robben/Ribery quality again, and we will be okay (to have both at the same time has frankly been an embarrassment of riches for us).
Long story short, it's okay to accept that whoever is on our wings for the foreseeable future might not be quite up to the lofty standards that Robben/Ribery set and we will still be okay.

Sorry, I meant Costa not Coman but you answered anyway.

What you say is true. At the moment there's Sanchez who is within grasp. I don't think we should miss out on that opportunity despite his age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tuscanybayern » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

what about COGNAC? At least it is as catchy as ROBBERY.

Costa+Gnabry+Coman
tuscanybayern
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Nemtar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Can you see Costa in the team in the next season? I don't know. As someone spoke: could be just a comment in order to increase his wages, but I don't know. If he stay at Bayern, nice, but if not I really don't care so much, Bayern is more big than a player.
Some cases I think that James should be an excellent winger, is a world class left foot. In the right wing, I can see Coman in that place, the boy is very young and the class is there.
Singing Alexis can be a good idea but I think that the business are going to be down. He's very expensive and his age isn't attractive.
Mia San Mia!
Nemtar
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News