You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ricardo Rodríguez

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Ricardo Rodríguez

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm

Come on, Jordi Alba definitely deserves a spot there.

Rodriguez' performances this season have been just average, but that's the case with the entire Wolfsburg team. His performances depend a lot on the form of the team given that his position as LB isn't a spot that has a lot of impact on the overall showing of the team. Once Wolfbusrg has gained a little bit of form over the past month, he was among their best players. I think he can be a successful transfer for us.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:We will sign 2nd-3rd best LB in the world while Alaba will get his place in midfield/wings.

3rd :)

1) Alaba
2) Lahm
3) Rodriguez :D

Midfielder Lahm or right-back Lahm? :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm

He is also a very good set piece taker... FK and corners and even penalties....
I think he is very intelligent hopes we really sign him...
I've always liked him, I still remember him playing for FC Zurich agains Bayern in a UCL qualifier in 2011

edit.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Most people tend to put Marcelo up there but after his performance in the 7-1 defeat, I have a hard time taking him seriously as a defender, regardless of his offensive abilities.

Alba... I don't know. He is a good LB but I don't know if he is elite. He works hard, runs a lot, contributes offensively ... but there isn't a thing about him that strikes me as an elite level skill. He's not quite a great athlete like Alaba or Alves. His offensive and tactical skills are not on the level of Marcelo or Lahm. Defensively he's no Ashley Cole, Alaba or dare I say, Maldini.

Rodriguez on his best is a more complete footballer I think. Better defensively, and able to contribute in more ways offensively.

Alaba at his best is something else though. I am not even being biased when I say that as a LB and as a footballer he is on a completely different level to anybody else. His combination of athleticism, skill, intelligence is unmatched.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:Come on, Jordi Alba definitely deserves a spot there.

Rodriguez' performances this season have been just average, but that's the case with the entire Wolfsburg team. His performances depend a lot on the form of the team given that his position as LB isn't a spot that has a lot of impact on the overall showing of the team. Once Wolfbusrg has gained a little bit of form over the past month, he was among their best players. I think he can be a successful transfer for us.

Haven't watched both of them enough to argue against, but if it matters whoscored give a higher rating to Rodriguez.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/61610/
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/44288/
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Rodriguez is a more composed defender, better ball player, and an excellent crosser, but he tends to shut off at times during the game. Alba works hard all 90 minutes, is definitely faster, and provides amazing overlapping runs, but he lacks a bit in terms of long passes and crosses. They are somehow two different players sharing the same position. It really depends on the team's style of play.

P.S. Alaba is a hybrid of both. That's why there is no better LB than him in the world, and I really don't like (and find it very speculative) the idea of him moving permanently to midfield.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:54 pm

endrity wrote:Most people tend to put Marcelo up there but after his performance in the 7-1 defeat, I have a hard time taking him seriously as a defender, regardless of his offensive abilities.

Alba... I don't know. He is a good LB but I don't know if he is elite. He works hard, runs a lot, contributes offensively ... but there isn't a thing about him that strikes me as an elite level skill. He's not quite a great athlete like Alaba or Alves. His offensive and tactical skills are not on the level of Marcelo or Lahm. Defensively he's no Ashley Cole, Alaba or dare I say, Maldini.

Rodriguez on his best is a more complete footballer I think. Better defensively, and able to contribute in more ways offensively.

Alaba at his best is something else though. I am not even being biased when I say that as a LB and as a footballer he is on a completely different level to anybody else. His combination of athleticism, skill, intelligence is unmatched.

Your selling Alba a bit short, he is one of the fastest LB in the world if I recall correctly. Im also under the impression that RR is actually a slow LB.

Anyway, of course Alaba is on a different level, IMO he is the most complete player on earth and hence one of the very best. My favorite definitively :D

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Viva La Bayern » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:22 pm

MoFattal wrote:Come on, Jordi Alba definitely deserves a spot there.

i have a hard time getting passed his rat like figure, maybe its because hes flopped on the ground 3/4s of every match he plays for spain/barca.

In other news, this is likely (as many of you have mentioned) tied with Alaba moving into midfield and probably why he is talking contract extension now (THANK GOD). If there was anyone to get as LB Rodriguez is it 100% im very happy if this works out.
Viva La Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby German-American » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

People on this forum want players like Bernat to leave, why?!?! We have awful injury problems

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:23 pm

German-American wrote:People on this forum want players like Bernat to leave, why?!?! We have awful injury problems

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No one said leave man! Everybody here is talking about Alaba going to midfield and RR replacing him in LB (Bernat would be his backup). I would go further and say RR and Bernat can compete for the first choice spot.

PunkCapitalist

Postby theundead » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: Everybody here is talking about Alaba going to midfield and RR replacing him in LB

That would seriously decrease the quality at LB and not improve the quality in CM. Thiago, Vidal, Alonso, Kimmich (and Javi) competing for two spots already.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm

theundead wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote: Everybody here is talking about Alaba going to midfield and RR replacing him in LB

That would seriously decrease the quality at LB and not improve the quality in CM. Thiago, Vidal, Alonso, Kimmich (and Javi) competing for two spots already.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Alaba would be immense in MF.

PunkCapitalist

Postby theundead » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Alaba would be immense in MF.

He would be immense, no question about that. But so are Javi, Vidal and Thiago.

Good thing we are not Bayern's coach, we would be utterly confused on who to pick :P
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 pm

theundead wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Alaba would be immense in MF.

He would be immense, no question about that. But so are Javi, Vidal and Thiago.

Good thing we are not Bayern's coach, we would be utterly confused on who to pick :P

Word :-/ It must be horrible having to sit a WC player in the bench.

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Still think Alaba should be LB for now... After all, we're not here to do even more for the Austrian () NT
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News