You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

René Adler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: René Adler

Postby Element » Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 am

Zer0 Bayern wrote:Hahahaha i was thinking the same. Leverkusen's board should be glad. They haven't won anything since... don't remember. Anyway, stupid clause, isn't it?
FC Bayern 2011/2012:

Yeah

but How many so thought stupid clauses exist and clubs wish that they dont ??

Imagine that Leverkusen wins the DFB POKAL , That Means 1 million go to Adler alone !!!!!!

and those are 5 years !!!!

I know , I even laughed when i read it

but still ..

Imagine this clause here in Bayern !!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 05, 2011 9:25 am

Element wrote:Imagine that Leverkusen wins the DFB POKAL

By the time Leverkusen will win something, Adler would have retired or died of old age :lol:
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Has AC Milan identified Adler as their new #1? This should make Element furious :lol:

http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomer ... a-gi%C3%A0
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

I still can't believe how life can be cruel to some people.

From Germany No. 1 to Bayer Leverkusen outcast in 19 months: what has become of Rene Adler?

Goal.com reflects on the surprising downward spiral that the 26-year-old goalkeeper has experienced over the last year-and-a-half, beginning with missing World Cup 2010

ANALYSIS

ust over 19 months ago, Rene Adler was at the very height of his game, a still-young goalkeeper who appeared to have all the qualities to propel him to world-class status. Following the tragic death of Robert Enke, it was he - not Manuel Neuer - whom Joachim Low named his first-choice goalkeeper in the months preceding the 2010 World Cup, and at the time his potential was boundless. But it was not to be.

Fate intervened on April 17, 2010, when Adler sustained a rib fracture in Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-1 loss to Stuttgart. Two weeks later, he was ruled out of the World Cup, thus beginning a sharp downward turn for the Leipzig native.

After the summer tournament, which saw Neuer seamlessly stand in for his injured compatriot, Low confirmed a changing of the guard. In a September press conference, the trainer famously demoted the injured Michael Ballack from his role as captain, and announced that Neuer would remain No. 1.

Since then, Adler has appeared just once for his country - in a friendly against Sweden - and seen his stock plummet, at least relative to the competition. Individually, he had a rather ordinary 2010-11 campaign with Leverkusen, in a year that saw the rapid rise of several young goalkeepers. Adler’s stagnation was effectively a decline: by season’s end, he had to worry not only about competition from No. 3 Tim Wiese, but shooting stars Ron-Robert Zieler (now a capped Germany international), Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Tobias Sippel, Kevin Trapp and Oliver Baumann.

History would come to repeat itself just 15 months after his rib injury as, in July, Adler sustained a knee injury that would keep him sidelined until January. And, just as it had the previous year, his absence would prove costly as another young talent emerged to take his role, this time at club level. Indeed, Bernd Leno - an emergency loanee signed only because of an injury to back-up stopper Fabian Giefer - recently signed a full contract until 2017, effectively spelling the end of Adler’s career at Leverkusen.

Fate has been woefully cruel to Adler, who can only curse his luck. Leno would never have joined Leverkusen in the first place had it not been for Giefer's injury, and would never have played had David Yelldell not had a horrific show in B04’s 4-3 loss in their DFB Pokal opener against Dynamo Dresden. But enough happened at Leverkusen for a 19-year-old, who had never played a professional game in his career, to be entrusted with the responsibility of protecting his new side’s goal in the Champions League. And, but for one anomaly against Valencia, he has done so admirably, prompting Bayer to pay as much as €8 million to release him from his contract at Stuttgart.

Now, at just 26, Adler is a forgotten man, a substitute who is sure to leave Leverkusen when his contract expires in the summer, if not sooner. There will be interested clubs in Germany, but the majority of the big teams are settled in the goalkeeper department. A year ago he declined a contract extension, reserving the option of moving to a top club. But gone are those days: at present, his most likely destination appears to be Hamburg.

This is not the end for Adler, of course: he still has many years of quality football ahead of him if he keeps his focus and remains confident. In January, previously ‘washed-up’ Bayern Munich goalkeeper Michael Rensing moved to Koln and has since impressed. Enke had an even more dramatic rise back to prominence, and his good displays for modest Hannover saw him earn the role of Germany No. 1 following Jens Lehmann’s international retirement. So there is hope for Adler to return and have a successful career. But, no matter what comes, he will always wonder what could have been.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/12/26/2800070/from-germany-no-1-to-bayer-leverkusen-outcast-in-19-months
FCB general
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Switzerland

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 pm

I seriously pity Adler a lot. And this isnt how you treat a star who helped you a lot, leverksuen. [-X [-X
I seriously wish he goes to a big club in Germany and prove he is on par in competition with Neuer.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby hgb09 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 pm

I read that Milan are interested in getting him
hgb09
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RAGHU » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm

maybe he can move abroad, he has still 7 or more years to play top flight football, some MLS or arab team may show some interest in signing him for a reasonable pay...
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Yeah... he is a very unlucky guy :( He needs to leave Leverkusen and go to a new club to kick start his career again. I'm not sure whether Milan would be the right choice... perhaps he should stay in Germany for now.

I hope we will some day soon see the real Adler again :(
Super Bayern!

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah... he is a very unlucky guy :( He needs to leave Leverkusen and go to a new club to kick start his career again. I'm not sure whether Milan would be the right choice... perhaps he should stay in Germany for now.

I hope we will some day soon see the real Adler again :(

I agree with you.

But except Wolfsburg, I don't see any club who could sign him and to become someone's star. Almost every club have a great, experienced or very talented GKs.

We need to wait next spring, or maybe earlier, this winter and January.
FCB general
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Switzerland

Postby Mr.S » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Schalke would do well with him.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby uzi716 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Poor guy, I hope he gets a starting job somewhere. If he wants to stay in Germany, Dortmund and Schalke are options. If he wants to go abroad then AC Milan or Tottenham are great options.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Element » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 pm

According to Sportbild (tomorrows Edition)

Rene Adler and Hamburger SV came to agreement , and He is going to join HSV for Free

http://twitter.com/sportbild
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Element wrote:Rene Adler and Hamburger SV came to agreement , and He is going to join HSV for Free

Do you still think we should have bought him? :P
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby appudds » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah. Imagine a FC Bayern team with Adler and Neuer as our goalkeepers!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 am

appudds wrote:Yeah. Imagine a FC Bayern team with Adler and Neuer as our goalkeepers!

Yes, more company for Robbery when they are out injured :P
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News