You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby Outis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:28 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Tell me which BL clubs are currently on par with Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham apart from Bayern, Dortmund and probably Leipzig.

Well, last year in CL Tottenham couldn't beat Leverkusen... they had a draw and a loss home to Leverkusen. And Leverkusen finished mid-table last year, while Tottenham were second placed in PL...
Outis
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Romania

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:32 am

Outis wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Tell me which BL clubs are currently on par with Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham apart from Bayern, Dortmund and probably Leipzig.

Well, last year in CL Tottenham couldn't beat Leverkusen... they had a draw and a loss home to Leverkusen. And Leverkusen finished mid-table last year, while Tottenham were second placed in PL...

Further, right now I'd put money on half the teams in the BL vs Arsenal :lol:
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, there are 5 PL and 3 BL teams in the CL group stage just to start with. There are 5 and 3 because PL 4th team smashed BL 4th team.

- City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal
- Bayern, Dortmund.................. Leipzig? Hopefully yes but that's it. Hoffenheim is nowhere near any of those teams.

BL had the momentum to become the best league 3 years ago but we've been going downhill since then.
QFT. I endorse 100% of this post.

BuLi had momentum a few years back, but every club screwed it up. We did with Guardiola. BVB did in their Mhkitaryan/Hummels/Gundogan summer. Leverkusen and Schalke are just sh!t regardless of them having very nice squads a few seasons back. Wolfsburg screwed in the KDB/Draxler afair, which sent their whole project to the toilet and suddenly every decent player wanted to leave.

RBL is probably Bayern's only hope for competition, but it's not looking good with the Keita move a seemingly done deal and the Forsberg attempt too.

As sad as it may be, the EPL players and coaches quality has gone much much higher, while BuLi has been and continues to bless talent.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Outis wrote:

Forget Leverkusen. Tottenham has been eliminated in Europe in recent years by the likes of Gent and Basel. They have everything to prove in continental competition.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby endrity » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Well, there are 5 PL and 3 BL teams in the CL group stage just to start with. There are 5 and 3 because PL 4th team smashed BL 4th team.

- City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal
- Bayern, Dortmund.................. Leipzig? Hopefully yes but that's it. Hoffenheim is nowhere near any of those teams.

BL had the momentum to become the best league 3 years ago but we've been going downhill since then.
QFT. I endorse 100% of this post.

BuLi had momentum a few years back, but every club screwed it up. We did with Guardiola. BVB did in their Mhkitaryan/Hummels/Gundogan summer. Leverkusen and Schalke are just sh!t regardless of them having very nice squads a few seasons back. Wolfsburg screwed in the KDB/Draxler afair, which sent their whole project to the toilet and suddenly every decent player wanted to leave.

RBL is probably Bayern's only hope for competition, but it's not looking good with the Keita move a seemingly done deal and the Forsberg attempt too.

As sad as it may be, the EPL players and coaches quality has gone much much higher, while BuLi has been and continues to bless talent.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

BVB is getting there though. Their finances and status around Europe is solidly among the top 10, if not better, right now. But it shows that you need multiple cycles of reshaping the team to become a top club because top players will continue to leave for the very few clubs among them. The collapse of Wolfsburg shows how difficult this is to achieve.

However Germany has been very much like this for years, even when the league overcame the Serie A and then the Premier League in the UEFA rankings. There were always a number of teams who contributed towards the accumulation with them often being replaced in the next season. In the late 2000s it was Werder Bremen with their Europa League run that contributed towards the coefficient only for them to collapse after the Diego and Ozil deals. Hannover actually had a couple of very solid runs at the beginning of this decade. And Schalke's 2011 team was also quite different to the 2014-16 teams that also were quite competent.

This has been a constant problem and without foreign intervention it will be difficult for other clubs to achieve the consistency that some might want in order to constantly compare the top teams. However there is also the assurance that as old clubs fall some others rise to compete and perform well. Hoffenheim vastly overachieved last year to achieve 4th spot. They are most likely not Germany's 4th best team right so them doing well against England's 4th team was always going to be difficult.
endrity
I post all the time

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News