You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby MiaSanFCB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 pm

It's probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not so happy with the loan as most here, I didn't want him going to the Premier League. My main concern is that with all the hype surrounding the league I don't think he might want to comeback to the Bundesliga if he's succesful there.
Agreed that economically is good, though, we will recover 8.5 million of the 35 we paid for him with a one-year loan.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm

MiaSanFCB wrote:It's probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not so happy with the loan as most here, I didn't want him going to the Premier League. My main concern is that with all the hype surrounding the league I don't think he might want to comeback to the Bundesliga if he's succesful there.
Agreed that economically is good, though, we will recover 8.5 million of the 35 we paid for him with a one-year loan.

Actually, the hype already exists. Once he goes there and plays in that league he'll understand that the hype is not justified: the Premier League is on par with the Bundesliga, quality-wise. Therefore, when he comes back, he'd be coming to a league that's just as good as the Premier League whilst playing for a club that guarantees him more trophies than any club in England would, as well as an actual shot at the coveted Champions League.

On the other hand, instead, I see an advantage coming from the hype of the Premier League. If he plays well, he will get more exposure, which will boost his market value. That can't be bad for us.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm

MUTU wrote: the Premier League is on par with the Bundesliga, quality-wise.

C'mon Mutu, you cannot really believe that. The top 2 (3 at a stretch) in the BL are as good as the eqv top 3 in the EPL but there is no way the the BL as a whole is on par. Just look at the squads the top 6-8 teams are assembling in the EPL.

This is a debate that will never end and there is of course no real objective way to justify any opinion. The Europa league should have been an indicator but no one really cares (except maybe the Spanish) for that trophy till they get to the later stages and feel they actually have a shot at winning the whole thing.

Back on topic though, I'm making the call that Renato will flop at Swansea, not due to the quality of the league and opposition he will come against but I think I've seen enough of him to make a judgement that he is a personality that seeks familiar and home comforts. Every time he was on the pitch for Bayern, there was no determination evident to prove the naysayers wrong. There is no drive in him to be the best in the world.

What on earth have you guys seen from his dismal performances from last season to think his move to Swansea will be a success?

He has been plucked out of his home environment in sunny portugal to one of the top 3 clubs in the world and now is being shipped to the grey skies of Swansea.

In hindsight it was a really bad move by the club to sign him in the first place without taking his personality into consideration in addition to his talent, and now it's an even dumber move to ship him to Wales of all places. A BL club would have been the perfect and really, only option.

He will be sold in the summer. I defer from saying at a loss due to the crazy prices floating around these days.
Last edited by Ed. on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:29 pm

Of course I believe that. There are mathematical formulas as well that calculate that, for example clubelo.com where basically the average rating of the Bundesliga is practically identical to the Premier League's. The high end clubs in the Bundesliga are then higher than the Premier League too... Case in point how many English clubs made it to the UCL semifinals since 2013?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:32 pm

PL have always had the best players, but now they also have the best coaches.

So yes, I think PL and La Liga are both one step above BL at the moment.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 pm

swansea.... and flush your toilet.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Mani » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 pm

I dont give a one about them having "better players and coaches", which is pretty arguable since the whole league is really overhyped. When german and english team face, it's slightly more likely that the german team wins. And that's even without Bayern
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, there are 5 PL and 3 BL teams in the CL group stage just to start with. There are 5 and 3 because PL 4th team smashed BL 4th team.

- City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal
- Bayern, Dortmund.................. Leipzig? Hopefully yes but that's it. Hoffenheim is nowhere near any of those teams.

BL had the momentum to become the best league 3 years ago but we've been going downhill since then.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Still, PL has at least NOT YET overtaken BuLi...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, there are 5 PL and 3 BL teams in the CL group stage just to start with. There are 5 and 3 because PL 4th team smashed BL 4th team.

- City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal
- Bayern, Dortmund.................. Leipzig? Hopefully yes but that's it. Hoffenheim is nowhere near any of those teams.

BL had the momentum to become the best league 3 years ago but we've been going downhill since then.

Stop your demagogy Latin fan. Hoffenheim made 4th last year because of many team's unperforming. Lost 2 key players and replaced them with very average players. Lost to Liverpool because of that 2 players, who costed them 5 goal alone.

Like Lev who were Bundesliga's 12th, smashed EPL's second last year.

Bundesliga is more balanced than other leagues except scudetto race, maybe this is the only thing Bundesliga needs. 3-4 teams who can fight for scudetto. l'm sure Rb Leipzig will be one of them yet, l'm not sure about Schalke and Dortmund, who have potential and financial power to fight for scudetto. And l hope teams like Wob, Lev and Gladbach can be more consistent.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 pm

Mani wrote:I dont give a one about them having "better players and coaches", which is pretty arguable since the whole league is really overhyped. When german and english team face, it's slightly more likely that the german team wins. And that's even without Bayern

Good point.

l wonder How peeps still miss the point about EPL. Their playing style causes overperforming. This is why England always failed.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 pm

Buddy, this is Germany, we have a Meisterschale, Scudetto is vor hypochondriacs, guileful assholes and divers

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:22 am

Pelin wrote:Stop your demagogy Latin fan.

What demagogy? I'm just being objective. To be honest I'm usually a little bit biased towards German players and Bundesliga because It's what I like, but in this case i'm being 100% honest

Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and even Gladbach could've stepped up, yet they failed and fell into mediocrity. BL skyrocketed between 2009 and 2013. After that it's been clearly downhill.

As I said before. Tell me which BL clubs are currently on par with Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham apart from Bayern, Dortmund and probably Leipzig.

:roll:

MUTU should probably move this discussion into another thread
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:27 am

Arsenal? Come on, Augsburg is on their level

Generally speaking: If Brandt, Gnabry, and others were really THAT good (best goalimpact and whatnot) I wonder why there's no serious intetest in him? I mean do people really believe OUR management/scouting would find a cheap and hidden gem that's been under the radar of every other top club? I doubt it...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 am

I don't have the math at the moment, but last year I took a look at the past decade or so worth of EPL vs Bundesliga....Top to bottom, Bundesliga has a more even point spread, less variation between Europe spots and relegation spots, and better European performance for the most part. Actually, if I am remembering correctly, even La Liga and Serie A had tighter point spreads than EPL - meaning in the EPL there is a much bigger gap between top-half and bottom-half teams than other leagues. This pretty much destroys the idea that the EPL is the most competitive or most balanced.
Sure you can say that the BL is generally a two-horse race, La Liga usually a two-horse race, etc, but by that measure, the EPL is basically a pack of mules.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News