You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby dras_l » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Guys, he is 19 year old! He is Bayern future and he need to develop on a correct way. It wouldn't be bad idea to stay on bench for a year and play 10-15 games. Maybe even to stay with us until winter and than loan him to Bundesliga team.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm

bastos80 wrote:So far Sanches has shown nothing that suggests he's the future...

Not for Bayern but for Benfica and Portugal. He's worth delaying a decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Sick of hearing "He's 19 years old" to be honest.
Seems to be the only argument in favor for him at the moment.

I don't think you guys realize how much money is at stake here.
He's not just a "19 year old". Unfortunate for him.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
bastos80 wrote:So far Sanches has shown nothing that suggests he's the future...

Benfica plays in a shit league. We signed a player because he had a good season for a club in a league even way below the level of Ligue 1 and because he had a good Euros. We seem to like those deals.
We took a gamble because he'd be unreachable if he went somewhere else first. That's alright, but we also have to admit mistakes if they happen.
Mourinho was so hot on him, he isn't anymore. Wonder why that is?
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

bastos80 wrote:Sick of hearing "He's 19 years old" to be honest.

I don't think you guys realize how much money is at stake here.
He's not just a "19 year old". Unfortunate for him.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Benfica plays in a shit league. We signed a player because he had a good season for a club in a league even way below the level of Ligue 1 and because he had a good Euros. We seem to like those deals.
We took a gamble because he'd be unreachable if he went somewhere else first. That's alright, but we also have to admit mistakes if they happen.
Mourinho was so hot on him, he isn't anymore. Wonder why that is?

As I always say player development is not linear, just cause he isn't ready at the tender age of 19 doesn't mean he won't or can't be in the future. Second is it your money? I'm sure if the club was in dire financial straits this would be an issue but according to the book keepers the club is healthier than ever and able to take such risks. I'm not advocating flushing money down the toilet but it's hardly a concern to worry about atm. On top of that it's kinda annoying how a lot of people hear act as if they have a crystal ball or something
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm

- Of course player development is not linear. How is that an argument in favor of Renato though? Could easily turn that against him and say he was way ahead of everybody at his age like Emre Can and Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. They also have a striking resemblance to him when it comes to physique.

- It's not my money, so what? I'm judging this from the point of view of the club officials.

- You act like you have a crystal ball yourself. Who tells you that loaning him out will improve his situation? Especially when we seem so keen on Leon Goretzka.

Again, if he was just a 19-year old like PEH or Emre Can, there'd be no problem to loan him out 1, 2 or even 3 years. But we spend €35M on him, and I'm sure we're not that much after losing out a shit ton of money for a player that apparently hasn't even impressed in training. You can't tell me a player who is said to be THAT talented is unable to get more than 1000 minutes in all competitions?

If we get out of this with a black eye I would do it. He won't be the last talent to not make it here and he surely won't be the last promising midfielder we will get.
Last edited by bastos80 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm

bastos80 wrote:Sick of hearing "He's 19 years old" to be honest.

so true.

- behavior problem
- doesn't train well
- doesn't try to learn german
- doesn't talk any langage other than portuguese
- awful level for months
- awful in Euro U21 except a great assist

We are far more closer to lose €35M than to get a great player. And it's sad as I rated him highly for months.

Goretzka is 21 years old and amazing. At this rythm Sanches at 21 years old will never reach half of Goretzka level so it's better for Bayern to sell him for 35M and get Goretzka for 25M now or free in one year...

The club would have a way better player and would have save a lot of money.

And if Sanches turns to be good outside Bayern it's life and Bayern will get over it. That's would mean he wasnt made for Bayern. That's all.
Last edited by Coman on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm

bastos80 wrote:- Of course player development is not linear. How is that an argument in favor of Renato though? Could easily turn that against him and say he was way ahead of everybody at his age like Emre Can and Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. They also have a striking resemblance to him when it comes to physique.

- It's not my money, so what? I'm judging this from the point of view of the club officials.

- You act like you have a crystal ball yourself. Who tells you that loaning him out will improve his situation? Especially when we seem so keen on Leon Goretzka.

Again, if he was just a 19-year old like PEH or Emre Can, there'd be no problem to loan him out 1, 2 or even 3 years. But we spend €35M on him, and I'm sure we're not that much after losing out a shit ton of money for a player that apparently hasn't even impressed in training. You can't tell me a player who is said to be THAT talented is unable to get more than 1000 minutes in all competitions?

I never argued that he would turn good after a loan or after some time I'm just saying at the moment time is on his side and he still has room to develop, whether it's at Bayern or elsewhere only God knows. Can and Hojbjerg also aren't the best comparisons as they didn't show they had talent anywhere close to that of Sanches. His Euro performance and that in the CL at his time in Benfica prove that.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

They didn't cost up to €60M either...
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby muamerc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Based on EURO and Atleti game he has a talent and x factor but he should be treated differently than other Bayern players because of his immaturity and inexperience to live and work in other culture(s). As we have seen club didnt try anything to help him. He must stay (loan) in club.
muamerc
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Coman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:39 pm

muamerc wrote:he should be treated differently than other Bayern players because of his immaturity and inexperience

He has not a mental handicap and he isnt member less but he is a professionnal player who earn €2M net by year.

So NO.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Best for us would be selling him with a buy-back option.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm

there are really only two options... loan him to a Bundesliga club, or sell him wherever. I am in favor of a Bundesliga loan because:

1. Obvious reason, he stays under Bayern control
2. Becomes more accustomed to German language and culture (and, of course, the league)
3. He is still young (19 years old, blah blah)
4. Again, obvious... gets playtime and could potentially be an important midfielder for certain teams
5. If he's loaned out of the country, for example back to Portugal, there is no incentive for him to learn German or push himself to a higher level. He's outside of his comfort zone now in Germany, and in order to become the best he MUST overcome that

Reasons to sell:

1. Could potentially make a profit on him
2. I get the feeling that all parties (Bayern, management, he himself) see his move to Bayern last year as misguided or did not work out
3. I just don't think he'll ever transform into the player we want him to be
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 pm

also, this is interesting... watch at around 3:20
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Pelin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Loaning Sanches to Milan with option to buy is a disaster idea, Milan is a team who loaned Borini with obligation. it's certain they will sign a FFP agrement in 2 years.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 pm

bastos80 wrote:- Of course player development is not linear. How is that an argument in favor of Renato though? Could easily turn that against him and say he was way ahead of everybody at his age like Emre Can and Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg. They also have a striking resemblance to him when it comes to physique.

If we get out of this with a black eye I would do it. He won't be the last talent to not make it here and he surely won't be the last promising midfielder we will get.

I think how much we spent on him doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter if he came for free or for 100k, or if he cost a world record 150m. That money is spent already. What we need to do is decide whether we believe he will develop into a player worth the transfer offer or not, as simple as that. Right now, it's hard to say so if we do accept a bid there's an element of risk for both sides. This risk comes mainly from him not having played enough.

Therefore the obvious solution to mitigating the risk for both parties is to loan him out to a club that guarantees him consistent playing time and would not ask for a purchase option/obligation. The question is whether or not we want to eliminate the risk, because it can go both ways. If our priorities are sporting-wise, then we will not accept any bid that allows a club to buy him. If our priorities are operating as a business, then we might be tempted to accept such a bid. Unfortunately it seems like we're tending towards the latter, which is sad in my opinion.

Now I expect some thanks for this post because I feel proud of my argument :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News