You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 am

I think there's some fault both ways. I've been admittedly harsh on Carlo and in some ways I feel it's deserved, but I think he (Ancelotti) genuinely struggled with when to play Sanches or not. In an interview a few weeks ago IIRC he talked about how he likes Sanches but also has to deal with the pressure of putting out a team that gives the best chance to win in all matches - wherein Sanches isn't included. So truth be told, I kinda get that. There were certainly times where Sanches' play wasn't good enough.

That being said, if our only criteria to get consistent minutes is to put in "starting quality" minutes every moment you touch the pitch, we'd have a hard time ever fielding a whole XI. Sanches wasn't great in some game appearances, but at the same time we can't rightly expect him to improve his in-game performances by only taking part in team training. I'm of the opinion that training sessions will only take you so far; at some point you've simply got to get game-minutes to see any real improvement and integration.

So for me there are three things that I think need addressed:
1. While Sanches admittedly wasn't up to "starting caliber", I think it's fair to say that for the most part he was improving in some ways in every match he played in. Was he improving too slowly? Perhaps, but improvement is improvement.
2. Again, while Sanches was admittedly not very good in most matches, as they say, "no man is an island." If you'll go back and watch the matches Sanches played in, you'll notice many occasions where nobody will move to receive a pass from Sanches, nobody will give him an outlet when he gets double or triple-teamed, nobody will play him the ball when he's unmarked and/or in a promising position...etc. For many occasions he was simply isolated from the team even when sharing the pitch with them. Now of course some of this may be his own fault, perhaps for not working hard enough to develop rapport, not working on his German as reported, stuff like that - but again, I'm of the opinion that the quickest and most surefire way to develop trust between teammates is simply to play together.
3. Sanches played only 17% of available minutes in the Rückrunde. For me, this is inexcusable. There were PLENTY of matches that Sanches could've easily started in the BL and just didn't. To only get ~30 minutes vs Hamburg, ~25 vs Augsburg, ~15 vs Wolfsburg is crazy to me. For most of the second half we were working with a 10 point lead in the league. This, coupled that with the fact that IMO lack of rotation served to hurt us in more important fixtures in the 2nd half makes it even worse for me. He should've been playing more in the 2nd half, regardless of his Hinrunde performances.

Overall, I think Sanches needs a loan this season, as I believe the current environment at FCB is probably a bit 'toxic' for him in the sense that I think he needs at least a clean slate for a bit to get his head back on right and get his confidence back. I don't agree with giving up on him/selling him away just yet - if we were to put any sort of buy-option/obligation I think it'd be foolish to do so without rights to a buyback and even still I think a loan with no buy-option would be better all in all...but he needs to go somewhere where he'll consistently start. Simply getting regular minutes is most important for me I think.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 am

Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Bentonomo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 am

Only a loan to a Bundesliga team could be useful
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 am

And... if Leon comes this year we should sell Vidal... and not get rid of Renato

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby La Bestia Negra » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 am

I don't like any of this. If we're planning for the future we shouldn't sell Renato. While he didn't have the best performances at first that's to be expected with a new team/culture etc. Besides, I'm of the opinion that around mid season he actually looked pretty good with the little minutes he had, not perfect but he's 19 and looked composed against Atletico
"Müller spielt bei mir immer"-
La Bestia Negra
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 am

ramsej84 wrote:And... if Leon comes this year we should sell Vidal... and not get rid of Renato

Excuse me, but sometimes your posts are like being written by a total IDIOT. Like a retarded person is writing them, a person who is a fan of cricket teams and hasnt seen a SINGLE football game.

WHY THE **** SHOULD BAYERN SELL ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE WHOLE **** GAME OF FOOTBALL, just because/if Goretzka comes????? On top of that, Goretzka is a **** talent and way, way, WAY below Vidal as a football player for a team with aspirations like Bayern.

I hope Vidal extends and Goretzka NEVER comes, just because stupid posts like these.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:51 am

zozon wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And... if Leon comes this year we should sell Vidal... and not get rid of Renato

Excuse me, but sometimes your posts are like being written by a total IDIOT. Like a retarded person is writing them, a person who is a fan of cricket teams and hasnt seen a SINGLE football game.

WHY THE **** SHOULD BAYERN SELL ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE WHOLE **** GAME OF FOOTBALL, just because/if Goretzka comes????? On top of that, Goretzka is a **** talent and way, way, WAY below Vidal as a football player for a team with aspirations like Bayern.

I hope Vidal extends and Goretzka NEVER comes, just because stupid posts like these.

Look, you've been warned multiple times for overreacting and attacking personally when you disagree with what someone wrote. I think it's time to use the ban button because posts like this cannot be tolerated here.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 am

I believe you dont want Bayern to have too much played and I agree.

But listening to Kalle words the problem is Sanches and this problem could hardly be solve.

If he has a behavior problem even a 40 years old Vidal will forever be way better than Sanches.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby xevi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am

I think we will send sanchessancheson on loan and we will get goretzka. Then next summer or maybe in 2019 bayern will consider sanches or another player to replace vidal
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am

Sanchessancheson?
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am

I like Vidal but Renato is the future...
If someone show him the way he will have a successful future with Bayern.
He should be convinced to go on loan...
Hoffenheim,Koeln Frankfurt if needs be even for two seasons.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am

So far Sanches has shown nothing that suggests he's the future...
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 am

bastos80 wrote:So far Sanches has shown nothing that suggests he's the future...
One game against Atletico.
And what he did in Benfica.

But that's not the problem... if he has behavior problem he should be sell quickly.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

One game. Even Pierre-Emil Hojbjerg had good games.

The step was way too early for him. Either we loan him out and risk him losing even more value, or we sell him at the next adequate offer, sign someone that is further in his development and get out of it unhurt. If he then performs better somewhere else, so be it.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bluex145 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Bluex145
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News