You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby Ed. » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:25 am

The issue is clearly with Sanches. It's evident from his body language that he is homesick and hasn't adjusted to a new environment. The best option would be to secure a loan deal back to portugal. It also appears to me that perhaps he is not very assertive and hardly ever says anything. The discussion with his agent probably went something like this.

Agent: Bayern Munich have come up with an incredilbe offer for you
Renato: Hmm..
Agent: It's too good a deal to refuse. You will play at one of the best clubs in europe and only improve your abilities playing with WC players and working with WC coaches.
Renato: Ehhh..
Agent: Right, thanks Renato. That's settled then. I'll say yes. You're absolutely making the right decision.

I'm not sure how these things work, but if the club did not actually speak to Renato, not his representatives but actually to the boy, before the deal was finalized, then that is a BIG failure in the process as well.

He's career is only barely beginning yes, and he is obviously very talented, but I don't see the drive and hunger in him to succeed and take up a new challenge. Maybe he will develop that mentality in a few years but I just cannot see it happening at Bayern next season.
Ed.
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 am

he needs to start from somewhere, After all, he needs to adjust germany and learn the language. in this case, loaning him to Benfica won't be useful. if we loan him to them, he will re-start to everything the year after. 1 year wasted. so teams like Freiburg, Hoffenheim are the best for him if we plan a future with him.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 am

Ed. wrote:The issue is clearly with Sanches. It's evident from his body language that he is homesick and hasn't adjusted to a new environment. The best option would be to secure a loan deal back to portugal. It also appears to me that perhaps he is not very assertive and hardly ever says anything. The discussion with his agent probably went something like this.

Agent: It's too good a deal to refuse. You will play at one of the best clubs in europe and only improve your abilities playing with WC players and working with WC coaches.
Agent: Right, thanks Renato. That's settled then. I'll say yes. You're absolutely making the right decision.

I'm not sure how these things work, but if the club did not actually speak to Renato, not his representatives but actually to the boy, before the deal was finalized, then that is a BIG failure in the process as well.

He's career is only barely beginning yes, and he is obviously very talented, but I don't see the drive and hunger in him to succeed and take up a new challenge. Maybe he will develop that mentality in a few years but I just cannot see it happening at Bayern next season.

The players well being should be a priority.
But the best option is to loan him to a te in Germany preferably where there is a Brazilian/ Portuguese presence

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DragonSmoker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am

Ed. wrote:The issue is clearly with Sanches. It's evident from his body language that he is homesick and hasn't adjusted to a new environment. The best option would be to secure a loan deal back to portugal. It also appears to me that perhaps he is not very assertive and hardly ever says anything. The discussion with his agent probably went something like this.

I think he has the hunger and drive to succeed, you can see it in him on the pitch. He always wanted to prove himself whenever he was playing. We should focus on his development right now and send him somewhere he is comfortable. He isn't yet ready for top level football. He is losing confidence as he doesn't get play time. The way he played in Euros is mainly because of the confidence he had from the season before. We could see the difference in his play in the U-21 Euro this year and last year.
DragonSmoker
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Achilles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

He definitely deserves another shot, he has the potential but I don't know if he is willing to fight for his place,for his development and the coach. Nevertheless if the stories are true about his unwillingness to adjust into Bayern/German culture and his behavior is more to a spoiled kid then I don't any reason for him to stay with us unfortunately.

The timing though is not right for him to leave, too early and we need some back up on the midfield. Except if the MGT has a back up plan to find immediately a quality replacement for him. Shame because I liked the kid very much.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 am

For me he has no chance to play (except if by miracle he starts playing perfectly in the pre-season).

We lost him and his potential. Ancelotti lost him by his mistake and the lack of confidence he gave him. And also probably Sanches behavior.

The actual Sanches has NO chance against Tolisso, Rudy or Martinez in midfield. And I don't even talk about Vidal or Thiago.

The Benfica Sanches probably have chance, but this one is far away and he will never be back by staying in Bayern.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Valerio » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 am

Coman wrote:For me he has no chance to play (except if by miracle he starts playing perfectly in the pre-season).

We lost him and his potential. Ancelotti lost him by his mistake and the lack of confidence he gave him. And also probably Sanches behavior.

The actual Sanches has NO chance against Tolisso, Rudy or Martinez in midfield. And I don't even talk about Vidal or Thiago.

The Benfica Sanches probably have chance, but this one is far away and he will never be back by staying in Bayern.

To me the biggest issue is paying so big for a tournament wonder.
I mean before paying that kind of money he needs to prove something or either he show to be a young Messi or you don't
Also bringing not ready players in a team packed with quality and top players is not ideal.
Usually juventus buy kids and loan them out in the league in mid-table teams so they tough up a little before joining harsh competition

He should understand that he is the 4th choice after Vidal,Thiago and Tolisso. He needs to be ready to step up when called but the problem is that he is only a normal CM he is no striker or offensive midfielder. A DM has few chances to shines unless he play a lot

Prolly Bayern error was paying so much for a no name in a non offensive position
35+ 5 every 25 apps + 20 if he gets on top3 for ballon d'or that's mad (even if he never will be on this top3 position).
I'd prolly loan him out to shackle to please them since you're stealing Goretzka for free.
2years loan and then see by then he'll only be 21 anyway
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:43 am

We signed him before the Euros man...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 am

What kind of message does it send out if we sell or put an option to buy on a player who less than 12 months ago we were raving on about how clever we were to finalise the deal before EURO 2016 because now everyone is jealous of us?

We gave Götze lots more time. Sanches has too much potential to let go this quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:52 am

He will get another year. But he should be loaned out because, especially if we play 4231 in the league mostly, he doesn't really have a great perspective here.
Maybe he can make being with the team in China to use and have an advantage towards Rudy (and Vidal).
inactive
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am

The overreaction on a literal kid from a below modest background taking a long time to adapt to a foreign country and trying to fit in at the creme de la creme level of the industry he's working in is hilarious. First time I moved to a foreign country as a teenager I used to call my mom every other day ffs :lol: :lol: :lol: Get real you guys.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Apart from the cultural/language barriers, one thing that stands out for me is that we need him to get used to the speed of the games in Germany. If it were up to me, he would be loaned to another BuLi club where there are lots of young players and their tactics rely on high-speed football, such as Hoffenheim or Freiburg... Then we can give him a chance to establish himself at Bayern next season.

This would be a good way to train his brain to think (and react) much faster on the pitch, and to also regain his confidence.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm

The problem is that we don't have enough information to make a clear statement. We don't see him on trainings, we don't know how his relationship with the coach is, he doesn't talk too much to the media either...

But based on the very few that we've seen from him, I wouldn't be too optimistic. At least with Ancelotti as a coach. If he didn't get any decent playing time last year I can't see why he would get it this one with the arrivals of Tolisso and Rudy.

Loaning him out to a BL club as some of you already said would be the best option IMO

I was happy with Renato's signing last year (even though it was quite expensive) because I thought he was Carlo's petition. But it doesn't really look like it
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ed. » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:The overreaction on a literal kid from a below modest background taking a long time to adapt to a foreign country and trying to fit in at the creme de la creme level of the industry he's working in is hilarious. First time I moved to a foreign country as a teenager I used to call my mom every other day ffs :lol: :lol: :lol: Get real you guys.

Well, that is kinda the point. What he's going through and the way he is reacting to it, is the norm. It is what you'd expect let's say 80% of the time. The guys that become world beaters (Messi, ronaldo, etc) are driven by the desire to excel from a early early age and one just can't see it in Renato.

His body language when he comes on or when he's on the bench is not at all inspiring. Has anyone ever seen the guy smile? If someone was following him on player cam, you'd think we were fighting relegation.

How can anyone blame Ancelloti?. When Renato has been given the chance, whether as a sub or the few games he has started, he's been utterly uninspiring. One would've expected him to maybe overcompensate and end up trying too hard leading to a bad performance, but his performances have been just plain average.

His life and career path have been set out for him since he was in his early teens, so the fact that he is 18 is a lame excuse.
No one is asking him to light up the playing field, but I'd like to see more heart in his performances and that has been simply missing and there is only one person accountable for that and it's Renato himself.
Ed.
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Ed. wrote:One would've expected him to maybe overcompensate and end up trying too hard leading to a bad performance, but his performances have been just plain average.

His one significant game for Bayern was away against Hoffenheim in the second half of last season. He got a start against the toughest team in Germany away from home, and that's exactly what he did: trying too hard leading to flashes of good moments but he made some bad calls. That's more or less what he did all season too, I'm pretty sure he tried a long shot every single game whenever he got the chance. So it was all there to see if attitude's what you wanted.

He was probably judged to not be ready in training because he would have to compensate for the brilliant Vidal or Thiago if Ancelotti's gonna be playing him. I have no problem accepting this is part of the process, don't see a reason to pressure Ancelotti to play him if we have better midfielders, and I certainly don't see a reason why an 18-year-old should have played more than he did. I didn't have any expectations from him in his first season either.

On top of that it's much, much harder for any young player to impress as a midfielder. Moreso as someone who's only played one full season prior to his move, and I can't recall any young midfielder making such a big step move at such a young age. Even Verratti did it aged 20 after playing for 2.5 seasons in Italy. Kroos, Thiago, Koke, Kimmich, Weigl, Isco, Xhaka, all made their start in familiar territory in elite footballing countries.

Vidal, one of the best players of all time with a similar profile to Renato, only made it after playing regularly for 4 seasons in Leverkusen. He finished his development aged 23 before lighting up the world at Juventus. Another comparison, Renato right now isn't actually far off from Pogba in terms of trajectory at this stage of their careers.

If he were a youth product, last season would've been viewed more positively and there's no reason to expect more just because he costed 35m. I'd give him 3 seasons before I judge. Besides, it's not like we're desperate for him to succeed. I don't need him to show better attitudes now if he'll be world class in 3 years. If he doesn't make it, he's spare parts and Bayern live on.

Edit: Looking at the player Thiago is now, what the hell were Barcelona doing? Was it their fault or Tito Vilanova's fault for not playing him over Iniesta and Xavi? Of course not, why should this young guy play over the two best Spanish players of all time? Was it Thiago not impressing in training or having bad attitude? Of course not, because he's clearly a world class player now. I see the Sanches situation being potentially similar against Vidal and Thiago. So let's not make a mistake of drawing the conclusion too soon.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News