You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Raphaël Varane

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Raphaël Varane

Postby vijay92 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 89698.html
According to tz willy sagnol was scouting two players for bayern . one of the players Raphaël Varane is a 17 year old french defender playing for lens. I personally havent seen him play, only know him from football manager where is highly rated young defender.

Is he any good in real life?
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Raphaël Varane is a 17 year old player who plays as a central defender for Lens. He has also played as a defensive midfielder-cum-sweeper. Despite his young age, he's already played 3 matches for France U21 this year. Varane has been described by club youth coach Eric Assadourian as a "truly first class player" who is "comfortable on both the tactical and technical level".

He is also very tall (1.91m) and due to his young age may still grow a bit taller.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

MUTU wrote:He is also very tall (1.91m) and due to his young age may still grow a bit taller.

:D :D :D we would have a TOWER in defense...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby kip » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Give him some more time to grow up to european class football.
kip
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vijay92 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Skysports got a scouting report on him
http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/scout

Another article stating that bayern are interested in him
http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2 ... ns-raphael

There seems to be some sort of interest but not sure how serious this is.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby LyonJR » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Kid has an iron-clad contract and isn't going anywhere until at least 2013 and that might be to another Ligue 1 club. If he were smart, he would follow the same path as Sakho and leave France in his early 20's. Kid is going to be a star. Completely skipped three levels of international football and probably will be playing for the senior national team after Euro 2012. Big question is what position does his future lie? He has the height and strength to become a world-class centre back, but has the technical skill and vision to become a world-class deep-lying playmaker.
LyonJR
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm

LyonJR wrote:Kid has an iron-clad contract and isn't going anywhere until at least 2013 and that might be to another Ligue 1 club. If he were smart, he would follow the same path as Sakho and leave France in his early 20's. Kid is going to be a star. Completely skipped three levels of international football and probably will be playing for the senior national team after Euro 2012. Big question is what position does his future lie? He has the height and strength to become a world-class centre back, but has the technical skill and vision to become a world-class deep-lying playmaker.

Wow, hes that good huh. I guess our scouts definitely know their job then. Too bad hes tied down, maybe we can go for him next winter or the summer after that. We shall see, if he is as good as you claim he could be our next Breno buy (13 million) but actually succeed this time.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 am

Doesn't hurt to try I guess, but we should be going after proven and experienced players this time
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby LyonJR » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Sagnol must be traveling with Lens. :lol: He watching Varane play against Lyon. Probably killing two birds with one stone and watching a few Lyon players. :(
LyonJR
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:37 am

LyonJR wrote: watching a few Lyon players.

I guess. Cissokho could be a topic at Bayern right now, despite the fact that there are no new rumors about him
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:59 am

Manchester United are on the verge of signing 18-year-old French defender Raphael Varane.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been keeping tabs on the £3.7million man, and the United boss has reportedly beaten off interest from Arsenal to land the Lens starlet.

Varane is set to join United after the Old Trafford club fought off competition from Arsenal for the highly-rated defender's signature
The 6ft 3in defender, who has made 17 appearances for Lens this season, signed a two-year deal at the beginning of this year to stay with the Ligue 1 club.
But Ferguson, who's side face Schalke in the last four of the Champions League on Tuesday night, is keen for Varane to provide backup to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

The 6ft 3in defender has made 17 appearances for Lens this season
Varane can also play the holding midfield role and has represented France for the Under 18s and Under 21

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1Khy7UFzj
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:37 am

so manure got him- although the price is high for a 17 year old kid-
aria
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stigger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 am

Why get him, they have smallings who is in my mind already really good...
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby vijay92 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:01 am

Yh, ferdinand is always injured. And Vidic had his few injuries too. And Wes Brown is leaving so their bit short in option and they dont trust Evans anymore.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 am

Goal.com: There are rumors of an agreement with Manchester United. Is that true?
Varane: There is no concrete interest from Manchester United. No promises or offers. But there was contact with the club, as well as with other clubs. But I don't dedicate much attention. I let these things happen to me.
Goal.com: Is the Premier League interesting for you?
Varane: Yes, I like the Premier League. But there is also interest from Spain and Germany. I do not like one league over the other.

Source: http://www.goal.com/de/news/3643/exklus ... ter-united
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News