You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 pm

GoatHCW wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Mueller is useless in almost every position. Dybala on the contrary can play pretty much everywhere upfront. He would give us lot of new options.

Champions League
Muller: 8 games 734 minutes 3 goals 2 assist
Dybala: 8 games 661 minutes 1 goal 0 assist

in the year 2018
Muller: 24 games 12 goals 10 assist
Dybala: 17 games 9 goals 1 assist


But hey, don't let pesky statistics get in the way of your ridiculous narrative :coffee:


Fam, you should understand how this forum works.

When you're arguing about Müller, the stats are not important,when they are not helping him, but he is the best player in the Bundesliga and in the World because stats are not the most important thing, but you should take notes of how he is the most important player on the pitch every game. [-X

Whyn you're talking about someone else, when they (stats) are not helping him, now they are super important, he is playing like shit, he is playing in weak ass league, he has mental issues, etc., he has talent, but meh.. it's better to play with Mark Uth. #-o

But, they will say that you're wrong either way. Half of them are not going to smile even if we buy Mbappe (he is too expensive), Messi (he is too old, finished), Rashford (he is born in Wythenshawe, you don't know a single WC player from there, can't play outside of England), etc.,etc...

It is easy to see who looks objectively on the situations, without favoring their favorite players. Just watch how many people will be affected. :wink:

So, don't take it too serious. Cheers ! :ubergeek:
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1942 times
Been thanked: 2015 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 pm

GoatHCW wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Mueller is useless in almost every position. Dybala on the contrary can play pretty much everywhere upfront. He would give us lot of new options.

Champions League
Muller: 8 games 734 minutes 3 goals 2 assist
Dybala: 8 games 661 minutes 1 goal 0 assist

in the year 2018
Muller: 24 games 12 goals 10 assist
Dybala: 17 games 9 goals 1 assist


But hey, don't let pesky statistics get in the way of your ridiculous narrative :coffee:
Thank you. This "Müller is crap cause he doesn't do fancy stuff" after 2 bad games is utterly ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6187
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2640 times
Been thanked: 2362 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby aterford » Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Goetze scored lots of goals and gave lots of assists yet he was average with us.

Don't let stats fool you.


You have brought this particular argument up a couple of times as though it's some sort of damning indictment on the use of statistics. The problem is that you're trying to point out a difference between "scored a lot of goals and gave assists but was average" when there's really just not that much difference. It's not as though Götze had great stats but was just okay on the pitch. For his time at Bayern his "scored lots of goals" and "gave lots of assists" really weren't "lots" - by every metric he graded out as "average". So I'm not sure where the conflict/contradiction is here: It's not as though the stats say Götze was a great player at Bayern. No, stats say Götze was "average", and the eye confirms this. Check the numbers for yourself - his "lots of goals and assists" are still well below that of Müller, even in his absolute worst season.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2218 times
Been thanked: 1425 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:People want to replace Lewandowski cause he supposedly doesn't deliver in big games. Why would we sign a bigger choker then? :o


Lewy + Dybala would be awesome and top class =P~


As I said, I expect Lewy getting more space and thus more goal chances as defenders would need to deal with Dybala too. Not an easy task. Against Real he barely found any space because he was the only goal scoring threat, so he was heavily marked.


Now if you bring Dybala into play and some more firepower on the wings (Coman, Malcom...) the situation changes.


This was my reasoning when I wanted Lewandowski and Wagner to start together vs Real. It's an interesting idea if we stick with Lewandowski.

Still, I think we need someone who will score lots and create chances on his own. I think Griezmann could offer that. If we get Dybala we might need someone else who we won't get.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33275
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9648 times
Been thanked: 7718 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 09, 2018 12:36 am

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Goetze scored lots of goals and gave lots of assists yet he was average with us.

Don't let stats fool you.


You have brought this particular argument up a couple of times as though it's some sort of damning indictment on the use of statistics. The problem is that you're trying to point out a difference between "scored a lot of goals and gave assists but was average" when there's really just not that much difference. It's not as though Götze had great stats but was just okay on the pitch. For his time at Bayern his "scored lots of goals" and "gave lots of assists" really weren't "lots" - by every metric he graded out as "average". So I'm not sure where the conflict/contradiction is here: It's not as though the stats say Götze was a great player at Bayern. No, stats say Götze was "average", and the eye confirms this. Check the numbers for yourself - his "lots of goals and assists" are still well below that of Müller, even in his absolute worst season.


Yes, I've just checked the numbers of his first season.

Playing by the stats, Goetze and James had a very similar 1st season with Bayern. Would you agree with this statement?


Goetze was just average. He was a decent player, sometimes good but that's it. He was a shadow of himself even though he scored and assisted quite often. But for me those are empty stats, cause I watched the games and I saw what his production for Bayern was. I don't care about how many goals and assists he had. He was just a decent player (mainly due to being sick). James on the other hand has played a fantastic season with Bayern

Mueller was rubbish for a season and a half. I really don't know how many goals he scored, but he was poor and we often read the usual *that's not his best position / this tactics are not good for Mueller . Then Jupp came back and he improved, but has been far from impressive.


Andres Iniesta is one of the world's best players of the decade and his goal+assist stats are laughable.





My point is that goals+assists stats are not that important as there are many other factors to take into consideration. That's why I think that Dybala or Hazard would be a better fit than Mueller for this current Bayern regardless of who has scored or assisted more
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9767
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2191 times
Been thanked: 2278 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 09, 2018 2:31 am

Better to get him now if Bayern are convinced about him. He looks a great player, and would bring some badly needed quality in the attack. But for 100 mil the bosses need to be sure how he fits in.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2507 times
Been thanked: 1783 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby aterford » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Goetze scored lots of goals and gave lots of assists yet he was average with us.

Don't let stats fool you.


You have brought this particular argument up a couple of times as though it's some sort of damning indictment on the use of statistics. The problem is that you're trying to point out a difference between "scored a lot of goals and gave assists but was average" when there's really just not that much difference. It's not as though Götze had great stats but was just okay on the pitch. For his time at Bayern his "scored lots of goals" and "gave lots of assists" really weren't "lots" - by every metric he graded out as "average". So I'm not sure where the conflict/contradiction is here: It's not as though the stats say Götze was a great player at Bayern. No, stats say Götze was "average", and the eye confirms this. Check the numbers for yourself - his "lots of goals and assists" are still well below that of Müller, even in his absolute worst season.


Yes, I've just checked the numbers of his first season.

Playing by the stats, Goetze and James had a very similar 1st season with Bayern. Would you agree with this statement?


Goetze was just average. He was a decent player, sometimes good but that's it. He was a shadow of himself even though he scored and assisted quite often. But for me those are empty stats, cause I watched the games and I saw what his production for Bayern was. I don't care about how many goals and assists he had. He was just a decent player (mainly due to being sick). James on the other hand has played a fantastic season with Bayern

Mueller was rubbish for a season and a half. I really don't know how many goals he scored, but he was poor and we often read the usual *that's not his best position / this tactics are not good for Mueller . Then Jupp came back and he improved, but has been far from impressive.

Andres Iniesta is one of the world's best players of the decade and his goal+assist stats are laughable.

My point is that goals+assists stats are not that important as there are many other factors to take into consideration. That's why I think that Dybala or Hazard would be a better fit than Mueller for this current Bayern regardless of who has scored or assisted more


Well....it's half-true. I'm looking at the whole of Götze's career at Bayern, for one. Further, we should note that James has been much better under Heynckes, and the same is true of Müller as well. Of course it's a bit apples to oranges to me to bring up Götze (who played primarily as CAM here) or Iniesta (???) in regards to goal contributions; I don't think anybody's arguing to measure Iniesta on goals scored or assisted, but when you're looking at the measure of a forward, yes, it paints a bit of a clearer picture.
I'm not sure what it would take to be "impressive" at this point, as Müller's form since Jupp's return has simply been outstanding (1.22 g/a per 90 is undeniably great). He did far, FAR more for us in the UCL knockouts than our starting CF did.

Sure, stats don't tell the whole story, but they can certainly support and augment it.
And what we know is this:
1. Dybala has a poor record in the UCL. We can say stats don't tell everything, but to suggest that he would be a better fit for us (when Müller has been in great form this season, like I said) should be able to be supported by some form of evidence. Why would Dybala be better for us when he's been consistently so, so much worse in big games?
2. Hazard at his best still hasn't been able to match the production of Müller at his worst. Again, if Hazard is a better fit, wouldn't some of the numbers support this? Surely if he's a better option we'd be able to find some measure to back that up.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at either signing, but if we're going to claim that either one is better than Müller, better fit than him, or would walk in and send him to the bench, that should be supported by the facts. We can't just say "there's more to it than just stats" when the stats don't agree with us.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2218 times
Been thanked: 1425 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 8:13 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Goetze scored lots of goals and gave lots of assists yet he was average with us.

Don't let stats fool you.

So what's the logic here, that whoever scores and assists a lot flops with us and vice versa? Might as well just sign Lord Bendtner then.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35527
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6387 times
Been thanked: 9278 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1942 times
Been thanked: 2015 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby Achilles » Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 am

YlonenXabi wrote:1.How can you call Griezmann a loser when he plays for Atletico de Madrid ???? He needs to compete against Real and Barcelona every year in EVERY competition :wink:

2.As for Dybala, he would play WITH Lewandowski, so that would be 2 goal scoring threats and lots of goals for both. Dybala as Lewy replacement would be a terrible mistake

1. In fact he is a loser statistically considering the finals he has played, which is not one or two and all of them are major. Atletico Madrid's power has nothing to do because they actually made it to the finals more than once I would agree if they couldn't manage to surpass the SF for example. I love Griezmann and I'd be more than satisfied to sign him but he is more a goalscorer and we have one(Lewy) if Robert leaves then yes!

2.I agree and that's one of the reasons I'd pick Dybala more versatile in positions, he can create spaces for every attacker and he is very technical, let's not judge him so hard because he is quite young, he now enters the peak of his potential. Dybala as Lewy replacement? I don't depends on the tactics, if we play with two attackers and divide the goals to everyone by not having a target man or a machine who scores 40s then it might be much better.

Best case scenario for me, Lewy stays, Dybala comes in and with Coman,Gnabry,Muller we're set upfront plus one or both of Robbery, you can't ask for much more, the quality is there, the experience too, the new blood as well, it's a great mix.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 710 times
Been thanked: 1305 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby Ed. » Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

Putting the ridiculousness of this transfer aside since it would involve Juve laughing and falling of their chair at what we'd be willing to offer (50-60 mill), I have to say I agree with the opinion that Dybala won't improve the side.

Dybala individual skills are in complete contrast with Muller. Dybala has a great first touch, brilliant close control, he is not express quick but can get past defenders and he has a decent shot from in and around the penalty box. However, there seems to be a lack of end product and yes except for that Barca game, given his skill set, he should be exerting more influence in the big games for Juve. I don't watch him regularly and I don't know why that is the case but I reckon he has a high rate of losing the ball and unsuccessful passes.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 149 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby Hardrade » Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Getting him would be cool, but I think that a winger is a priority at this moment. Unless we want to spend significantly more than usual and get both - I doubt Ulli and Nigge reached that level of accepting the reality tho
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
User avatar
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 233 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby Coman » Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Maybe they plane to use him like Messi in Barcelona for years.
4-3-3 : Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
3-5-2 : Neuer - Boateng Hummels Alaba - Thiago - Kimmich Goretzka James Coman - Müller Lewandowski
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 1238 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby manuelbavarian » Wed May 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Juve won't sell for less than 120M
Bayern won't pay for more than 80M.

Dybala speculation is too out of reality.
manuelbavarian
Getting the hang of it
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Gender: Male

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm

manuelbavarian wrote:Juve won't sell for less than 120M
Bayern won't pay for more than 80M.

Dybala speculation is too out of reality.

And if it was up to me, I wouldn't pay more than 12M.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35527
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6387 times
Been thanked: 9278 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch/Magpie [Bot], SemrushBot [Bot] and 7 guests