You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 1:16 pm

bbenno wrote:Well i´ll take Dybala any day over Griezmann for several reasons...

1. So I won't have to look at that stupid goal celebration every time he (Griezmann) scores
2. Dybala is 2½ years younger
3. Dybala is the better dribbler of the two
4. So I won't have to look at that stupid goal celebration every time he (Griezmann) scores.

Granted, if it's as a direct replacement of Lewi, than I can see the benefits of bringing in Griezmann, given that he stops that annoying goal celebration. It makes me wanna slap him.

But overall, I reckon Dybala has the higher ceiling of the two.

I'll give you 4 reasons for Griezmann over Dybala

1. So you won't have to look at that stupid goal celebration every time he (Dybala) scores.
2. Only once has Griezmann had less than 2 goals+assists in the Champions League when he played (his first season with Real Sociedad). Only once has Dybala NOT had less than 2 goals+assists in the Champions League (last season, he had 4. Griezmann still had 8, BTW)
3. Griezmann scores and assists, Dybala doesn't, get it?
4. So you would start to love Griezmann's goal celebration because he'd be celebrating a goal for Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:According to @MatteoPedrosi, Bayern are really interested in Paulo Dybala. Atlético Madrid would also be interested in the player, only if they sell Antoine Griezmann.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Wait, so Dybala and Griezmann are both available and we're actually considering getting the vastly inferior player?

Except Dybala is the superior player and would be a better signing if you'd actually consider age, skill set and our squad.
Instead all you look at are his stats compared to Kimmich, who by the way also has better stats than James, yet you'd probably never be against signing him for that money seeing how he plays here.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 1:25 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:According to @MatteoPedrosi, Bayern are really interested in Paulo Dybala. Atlético Madrid would also be interested in the player, only if they sell Antoine Griezmann.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Wait, so Dybala and Griezmann are both available and we're actually considering getting the vastly inferior player?

Except Dybala is the superior player and would be a better signing if you'd actually consider age, skill set and our squad.
Instead all you look at are his stats compared to Kimmich, who by the way also has better stats than James, yet you'd probably never be against signing him for that money seeing how he plays here.

Please remind me of your opinion once he starts scoring and/or assisting goals in the only competition he is currently participating in that he'd still be competing in if he signs for Bayern. Just because he scored a bunch of Serie A goals doesn't mean that he would score in the Bundesliga (a different competition), nor that I would care (much) if he does. Champions League performances, on the other hand, make or break a season. I'd rather have a player who scores 6 goals in the Champions League and 0 in the Bundesliga than one who scores 50 goals in the Bundesliga each season but only 1 in the Champions League.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 1:33 pm

... Maybe Dybala will one day start showing the same kind of scoring rates in the Champions League, and then I'd want him (desperately), but for now I think he is a major risk. I don't care for getting a player that helps us maybe extend our lead in the Bundesliga by 1-2 points at the end of the season, but for one that helps us win the Champions League, or at least reach as far as possible. Based on past performances, Dybala would take us backwards in the Champions League. It's like seeing Lewandowski vs Real Madrid in practically every match, even in the group stages against inferior clubs.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Dybala is a risk, but one of the most talented players out there. I'd be willing to take the risk for an adequate price

Griezmann is way better and a safer bet, but as I said he will either join Barcelona or extend with Atletico. He was about to move to Manchester last summer, but he decided to stay for an extra year as Atleti had a transfer ban.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Dybala is a risk, but one of the most talented players out there. I'd be willing to take the risk for an adequate price

Griezmann is way better and a safer bet, but as I said he will either join Barcelona or extend with Atletico. He was about to move to Manchester last summer, but he decided to stay for an extra year as Atleti had a transfer ban.

Most of the talent though revolves around the aesthetics. The dribbles, the technique. They're nice to have, but what is more important is the efficiency in front of goal and the mental strength to perform in the big games. I'm only willing for us to sign Dybala once he starts showing this, especially since the price involved is 9 digits.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Dybala is a risk, but one of the most talented players out there. I'd be willing to take the risk for an adequate price

Most of the talent though revolves around the aesthetics. The dribbles, the technique. They're nice to have, but what is more important is the efficiency in front of goal and the mental strength to perform in the big games. I'm only willing for us to sign Dybala once he starts showing this, especially since the price involved is 9 digits.

When he starts showing this, it wil be too late, as he will be untouchable for Bayern to buy

Griezmann needs space to work in. He's good on the counter, but what's he gonna do with tight packed defenses and double marking?

That being said, I would love to get both if Lewi leaves.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm

bbenno wrote:When he starts showing this, it wil be too late, as he will be untouchable for Bayern to buy

I understand what you're saying, and agree with it, but if we're going to be spending approximately triple our own transfer record I'd be furious and surprised if it wasn't a proven CL player. If we risk and f##k up, good luck having Kalle and Uli spending such money in the short term future, especially after the Renato Sanches fiasco as well...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Tue May 08, 2018 2:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
bbenno wrote:When he starts showing this, it wil be too late, as he will be untouchable for Bayern to buy

I understand what you're saying, and agree with it, but if we're going to be spending approximately triple our own transfer record I'd be furious and surprised if it wasn't a proven CL player. If we risk and f##k up, good luck having Kalle and Uli spending such money in the short term future, especially after the Renato Sanches fiasco as well...

Yes, that's true, we f#¤"ed it up with Sanches (although I wouldn't write him completely off yet).

I agree, Dybala is a risk; I'm also not 100% convinced on him and think his market value is somewhat overrated. But since we have the money and are in dire need of replacing Robbery and possibly Lewi, we will be forced to take some sort of risk. The kid obviously has a huge talent.
If Griezmann is set on Barcelona, then who else is out there, that we can realistically get?
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Achilles » Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 pm

What amazes me is that we actually believe that we're about to sign one of Griezmann,Dybala :P
Dybala is super talented but quite silent in the big games while Griezmann is a warrior hustling for every ball and a goal-machine, super experienced but quite a loser, 2CL finals 1 Euro and a trophyless CV plus three years older.

Dybala for me.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Tue May 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Better to be unlucky than cowardly, in my opinion. So if we take your descriptions for granted, I would rather have “loser” Griezmann than “shy” Dybalka.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby GoatHCW » Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm

I'd take either but if you have to only pick one, give me Griezmann anyday over Dybala.
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 pm

How can you call Griezmann a loser when he plays for Atletico de Madrid ???? He needs to compete against Real and Barcelona every year in EVERY competition :wink:

As for Dybala, he would play WITH Lewandowski, so that would be 2 goal scoring threats and lots of goals for both. Dybala as Lewy replacement would be a terrible mistake
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:How can you call Griezmann a loser when he plays for Atletico de Madrid ???? He needs to compete against Real and Barcelona every year in EVERY competition :wink:

As for Dybala, he would play WITH Lewandowski, so that would be 2 goal scoring threats and lots of goals for both. Dybala as Lewy replacement would be a terrible mistake
He can also partner Wagner

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Griezmann:
- more efficient 1-on-1 finisher
- better at heading
- a bit stronger and faster (more athletic)

Dybala:
- better dribbler
- better at set pieces
- better at volleys and first time strikes
- more dynamic
- 3 years younger

Griezmann is much more a goalscorer, which isnt bad, but i like dribblers and creators more. Dybala chips in with a lot of goals too. I would be happy with Griezmann, also - i'm going to be happy with Dybala.

This would be ideal for me, but nah, we're extending Robbery.

With that you have balance at the midfield, speed & creativity while attacking, which we need in recent years.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News