You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ousmane Dembélé

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Ousmane Dembélé

Postby RedQueen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Terrible scouting team we have at Bayern ..

On the contrary, Bayern made a bid for a player who's market value rose ten-fold in one season.

That's not much of a feat given how many clubs were after him last summer, and Reschke even contacted the wrong agent. RB Salzburg tried to sign him a year earlier.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:34 pm

When you read that 105M is cheap... #-o Infinite facepalm

Why would he pick Bayern? Bayern can't be used as a jumping board as BVB, for different reasons... and I'm glad that Bayern isn't that sort of club that only looks to make financial profit from transfers.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Roonzil » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Anyone who says Dortmund made a good deal, considering all the money they're getting, and how they can reinvest (not necessarily on this forum, but I've seen it) should just look at how much good that did to a team like Ajax....or a league like Eredivisie.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Pelin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:22 pm

BVB doesn't care about success. For instance, they made 3rd last season and won Pokal, they were happy with it. in addition, Players are desperate to leave. just look at Auba. he even advised Milan to sign him. #-o

Watzke is like that. he thinks if he sells a player, he believes he can replace him while making a good profit. Actually l don't care about how they are doing, since l lost my hope on them a long time ago.

Regarding Dembele, he is a great talent. if Barca didn't sell Neymar, they wouldn't sign him with that price, considering their all budget was 60 m euros in total.

Nevertheless, he was so unprofessional. What he made to BVB and Rennes are not something acceptable for me. İsco was a Barca fan or Pjanic was a Bayern fan. yet they signed for other clubs and playing for them without any problem.

BVB has a game plan which is very suitable for young talents to shine and develop. it's different case with us. Bayern is another level to BVB.For instance, if BVB had signed Sanches, we probably would talk abouts 3 digit numbers for him as well. And they are using this advantage pretty well.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Pelin wrote:BVB doesn't care about success. For instance, they made 3rd last season and won Pokal, they were happy with it. in addition, Players are desperate to leave. just look at Auba. he even advised Milan to sign him. #-o

Watzke is like that. he thinks if he sells a player, he believes he can replace him while making a good profit. Actually l don't care about how they are doing, since l lost my hope on them a long time ago.

Regarding Dembele, he is a great talent. if Barca didn't sell Neymar, they wouldn't sign him with that price, considering their all budget was 60 m euros in total.

Nevertheless, he was so unprofessional. What he made to BVB and Rennes are not something acceptable for me. İsco was a Barca fan or Pjanic was a Bayern fan. yet they signed for other clubs and playing for them without any problem.

BVB has a game plan which is very suitable for young talents to shine and develop. it's different case with us. Bayern is another level to BVB.For instance, if BVB had signed Sanches, we probably would talk abouts 3 digit numbers for him as well. And they are using this advantage pretty well.

Well said.
In all likelihood, they will take the €105m+ Dembele money, spend perhaps €25m on one player (Cornet) and maybe spend another €25m or so on 3-4 "prospects". Pocket the rest.
Cornet will either flop or sell for a big fee in a year or two, one or two of the prospects they buy will fail, perhaps one will establish himself as a long term player, and one might make it big and will inevitably be sold for big money down the line...

Wash, rinse, repeat for BvB. Sell high, buy cheap, develop a little, sell high, etc...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dusel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Roonzil wrote:Anyone who says Dortmund made a good deal, considering all the money they're getting, and how they can reinvest (not necessarily on this forum, but I've seen it) should just look at how much good that did to a team like Ajax....or a league like Eredivisie.

I agree with your point overall, at some point Dortmund has to quit selling players.

But this time I think they did the correct thing in selling Dembele. Dembele is throwing a childish fit to get out of Dormund after just 1 season. He threw a fit to get out of Rennes too, so he's establishing a pattern. Dortmund have plenty of firepower without him (and Mor rightfully going on loan) in Aubameyang, Reus, Pulisic, Gotze, Schurrle, Kagawa, and Philipp. I imagine they will add a player like Malcom as well.

In this case, I think the 105 million + add on makes sense for BVB - even if Dembele has a ton of talent.

BVB should splash the cash for a top class RB IMO.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bbenno » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Its not that they neccessarily made a "good" deal, but they simply don't have the financial muscle yet to ignore such an offer. Next year will be different. I truely believe that this could be an opportunity for Dortmund just like the Pogba sale was an opportunity for Juve in some sense. Don't forget last year, they lost three major players!
This year its "only" one and hes going for a 2nd world record fee.

As Dusel wrote, Dortmund need strengthening in other positions than attack.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby RedQueen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 pm

This has nothing to do with "Dortmund not having the financial muscle" to turn down such an offer - and it's even more ignorant to claim they will have it next year. How would you know that - have you analyzed their balance sheets?

This has to do with two things: 1) BVB being a stock-listed, publicly traded corporation that has to honor the interests of stock holders at least to a certain extent, and 2) Watzke being a business man first and foremost, and his compensation structure depending on the financial rather than sporting success of the corporation.

And this won't change next year.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:22 am

RedQueen wrote:This has nothing to do with "Dortmund not having the financial muscle" to turn down such an offer - and it's even more ignorant to claim they will have it next year. How would you know that - have you analyzed their balance sheets?

This has to do with two things: 1) BVB being a stock-listed, publicly traded corporation that has to honor the interests of stock holders at least to a certain extent, and 2) Watzke being a business man first and foremost, and his compensation structure depending on the financial rather than sporting success of the corporation.

And this won't change next year.

I'm curious about that 2nd point. Where did you hear that? (I believe you're telling the truth, I just find it interesting and would like to learn more)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 am

That's common knowledge, really, the figures are published every year including the compensation they receive out of profit sharing. Just google "Watzke" and "Gewinnbeteiligung". Here, for example, in Kicker.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:52 am

JANCKER wrote:When you read that 105M is cheap... #-o Infinite facepalm

Why would he pick Bayern? Bayern can't be used as a jumping board as BVB, for different reasons... and I'm glad that Bayern isn't that sort of club that only looks to make financial profit from transfers.
Exactly happy that we did not sign this mercenary ourselves back then

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

You're happy we missed out on a mega profit?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

You're happy we missed out on a mega profit?
I follow football and not the stock exchange

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I follow football and not the stock exchange

Well, you should, because good players are bought with good money. It's never been more of the case.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News