You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Olivier Giroud

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Olivier Giroud

Postby JANCKER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 am

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Bentonomo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 am

as a back up maybe
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby Larhm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 am

We'd welcome this sexy beast to be our back up.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am

Larhm wrote:this sexy beast

:?
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby America USA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Giroud is 30. So is Benzema. Overall I rate Benzema higher than Giroud, who can be a passenger on the field at times. I think Real Madrid are looking to offload Karim and want Aubameyang.

He's a decent striker and I think we should put in a bid for him. If Robert is unavailable, Benz can prove to be more than a handful. Also we can rotate them so that come April-May our CFs are not over played and are raring to go.

I don't think there is any reason why he'd turn us down. He's in in 30s and he'll have the chance to play in the second biggest club in Europe and a chance to win Trophies, unless of course he's a greedy player who wants those ridiculous Chinese wages.

I say sign Karim for 3 seasons and by that time we can go in for someone like Dolberg.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 am

He wants to play dude... Just like Giroud...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:20 am

America USA wrote:Giroud is 30. So is Benzema. Overall I rate Benzema higher than Giroud, who can be a passenger on the field at times. I think Real Madrid are looking to offload Karim and want Aubameyang.

He's a decent striker and I think we should put in a bid for him. If Robert is unavailable, Benz can prove to be more than a handful. Also we can rotate them so that come April-May our CFs are not over played and are raring to go.

I don't think there is any reason why he'd turn us down. He's in in 30s and he'll have the chance to play in the second biggest club in Europe and a chance to win Trophies, unless of course he's a greedy player who wants those ridiculous Chinese wages.

I say sign Karim for 3 seasons and by that time we can go in for someone like Dolberg.

do you actually think Benzema would be willing to come here as a back-up?
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:do you actually think Benzema would be willing to come here as a back-up?

Why not? We are a big club, probably the second biggest club in Europe. Being a member of our team is a privilege, and he doesn't necessarily has to be a backup, we could easily rotate him and Lewandowski so at to keep both of them fresh during the end of the season and it can even help us experiment with a 442 at times, if need be.

Also, Making a bid won't hurt. Karim is gonna be 30 this year, he's not getting any young and Madrid are looking to replace him, they have been linked with Aubamayang, Aguero, Hazard, hell even Lewa! if he's smart he'll want to retire at a big club or maybe make a final big move before he hits 35 and then he'll probably move on to USA or China. We can give him decent wages and if he helps us win a European Cup in the next three years, I would think it would be a win for both sides.

Also, from the looks of it his National career looks done and dusted, so it's in his best interest to make a move to a big club while he still can.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:27 am

Nah. Benzema Is a striker I like a lot, but he's not coming. A striker of his quality will not be a backup and, don't fool yourself, top strikers accept no regular rotation, Lewy wouldn't. It hurts their records, this guys care about stuff like the Torjägerkanonen and Pichichi. Besides, he would be way too expensive for a backup.

Giroud otoh would be a nice Lewy backup, but I still would rather just get Alexis as a starter LW and backup ST.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:51 pm

^ I actually support Arsenal in the premier league and I've seen quite a lot of Giroud. He can go months without scoring goals and can be very frustrating. Instead of him we could bring Gomez back.

As for the wages/money, Bayern are amongst the top five richest clubs and if we put Benzema on the same wages as Muller I think that'll be reasonable! A successful Champions League campaign makes a lot of money. And btw Giroud isn't exactly earning peanuts at Arsenal. To think he'd be cheap is incorrect.

Lastly, I agree getting Sanchez should be top priority because of his dual utility. However, he's gonna ask for a very high wage and he will cost at least £35m or even more since you have clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City who also want him.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 pm

It's not about the money. The problem with Benzema Is that neither him not Lewy would accept heavy regular rotation. Both are bona fide stars and want to play every game available so they can set records and stuff. It's the psychology of forwards. Giving less than 85% of the games to either is not doable. They would want to leave.

Maybe your right about Giroud though, and Gómez would be the perfect backup striker not called Alexis Sánchez.

PunkCapitalist

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 pm

^ Benzema can leave us after a couple of seasons for all I care. If he can help us win the CL once during his tenure then I'd be delighted. And I don't think he's gonna win any top goal scorer award at this stage in his career. Even Morata has more goals than him in La Liga. The reality is that Madrid are gonna dump him soon, next summer at the latest. Playing for us at this stage in his career, when his national career is as good as over, won't be such a bad option for him. Decent wages, nice city to live in, great stadium and good supporters(who won't boo you) and a chance to win few more trophies(including CL) isn't such a bad life I would think!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Not only about setting records, they actually care about scoring as many as possible each season. Look, it ain't gonna happen. I like him a lot, but neither can we really expect him to come not Madrid will want to dump him (he is the best striker to play alongside Ronaldo).

PunkCapitalist

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 pm

^ I know it probably will not happen, but making a reasonable bid won't hurt. What's the worst that could happen? Karim will refuse right? And I really think Karim is surplus to requirements now at Madrid. They are looking to buy Auba. I think they'll get him this summer. Plus there's Morata who has age on his side. As for Ronaldo, Madrid want to lure Hazard from Chelsea. They are already looking at a potential replacement for Ronaldo.

Alexis should be no.1 priority and if not him then any decent striker will do. That's all I have to say on this subject of backup striker.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Pelin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:01 pm

l think we should sign different kind of back up striker, especially someone who has pace and dribbling skills. in addition, A.Sanchez and B.Silva would be optimum for us, we could easily finance this 2 moves, with D.Costa money and our current transfer budget. in worst case, we should sign B.Silva.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News