You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niklas Süle

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Niklas Süle

Postby Coman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 pm

16 games on a 34+5+8 to 17games season isn't that terrible

via Tapatalk
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Since 2015/16, Hummels missed 7 games due to injury. In comparison, Boateng missed 54 games and counting.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:25 pm

ottackon wrote:Since 2015/16, Hummels missed 7 games due to injury. In comparison, Boateng missed 54 games and counting.

Boateng missed 60 matches in his entire professional career since 2007/08, as per transfermarkt. He certainly did not miss 54 matches since 2015/16. Hummels is more injury prone, both in terms of instances of injuries as well as total number of matches missed on average.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
ottackon wrote:Since 2015/16, Hummels missed 7 games due to injury. In comparison, Boateng missed 54 games and counting.

Boateng missed 60 matches in his entire professional career since 2007/08, as per transfermarkt. He certainly did not miss 54 matches since 2015/16. Hummels is more injury prone, both in terms of instances of injuries as well as total number of matches missed on average.

In fact, Boateng missed 35 games since 2015/16 as per transfermarkt, that is, five times more than Hummels over the same period of time and it's not over yet.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm

ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:

In fact, Boateng missed 35 games since 2015/16 as per transfermarkt, that is, five times more than Hummels over the same period of time and it's not over yet.

2015/16 sounds arbitrarily chosen to vantage Hummels: he missed 16 matches over 7 injuries in the previous season (2014/15) and 26 matches over 4 injuries in the season before that (2013/14).

In comparison, Boateng missed 1 match in 2014/15 and 0 in 2013/14.

Basically Boateng has lately suffered more injuries than is normal for him, while Hummels has suffered less than his average. Yet Hummels is on average more injury prone than Boateng and both are, in my books, considered injury prone. No question about Martinez and Badstuber too.

My ultimate point is that I don't trust any of our defenders to remain injury-free until the end of the season, and hence why we need more reinforcement.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:43 pm

MUTU wrote:2015/16 sounds arbitrarily chosen to vantage Hummels: he missed 16 matches over 7 injuries in the previous season (2014/15) and 26 matches over 4 injuries in the season before that (2013/14).

It's even more arbitrary to choose the two worst seasons of his career in terms of injuries to validate your theory.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:2015/16 sounds arbitrarily chosen to vantage Hummels: he missed 16 matches over 7 injuries in the previous season (2014/15) and 26 matches over 4 injuries in the season before that (2013/14).

It's even more arbitrary to choose the two worst seasons of his career in terms of injuries to validate your theory.

No, because Hummels is traditionally more injury prone, both in terms of number of injuries as well as matches missed.

Boateng: 60 matches missed since 2007/08.
Hummels: 88 matches missed since 2008/09 (one less season).

Boateng has 2 pages in transfermarkt's injury history, Hummels has 3 despite having data for 1 less season.

Now if you want to only look at the last 1.5 seasons as the stonewall conclusion to one's injury proneness, it's up to you and then it'd be fair to say Hummels is not injury prone, but I'm tending to look at the bigger picture where both are injury prone and Hummels is worse.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
ottackon wrote:

No, because Hummels is traditionally more injury prone, both in terms of number of injuries as well as matches missed.

Boateng: 60 matches missed since 2007/08.
Hummels: 88 matches missed since 2008/09 (one less season).

Boateng has 2 pages in transfermarkt's injury history, Hummels has 3 despite having data for 1 less season.

Now if you want to only look at the last 1.5 seasons as the stonewall conclusion to one's injury proneness, it's up to you and then it'd be fair to say Hummels is not injury prone, but I'm tending to look at the bigger picture where both are injury prone and Hummels is worse.

The thing that you completely miss in your bigger picture, is that Hummels has only been suffering from niggling injuries most of the time, nothing really serious except one or two times. Compare that with Boateng who had 3 serious injuries in less than 1 year, therefore, the actual trend clearly indicates that Boateng is more injury-prone than Hummels.
Q.E.D
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:28 pm

^ you put the phrase "bigger picture" and "trend" in the same paragraph. I'm not denying Boateng's trend, but throughout his career he's been less injury prone than Hummels on average, and that's not an opinion but a fact.

In any case my original argument was that both are injury prone, and I included Martinez in the mix. If we let go of Badstuber (another injury prone central defender) then we'd be playing with fire. Why don't we buy Süle this month and loan out Badstuber for 6 months to Hoffenheim?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 pm

MUTU wrote:In any case my original argument was that both are injury prone, and I included Martinez in the mix. If we let go of Badstuber (another injury prone central defender) then we'd be playing with fire. Why don't we buy Süle this month and loan out Badstuber for 6 months to Hoffenheim?

Because I don't think Hoffenheim is ok with this.

via Tapatalk
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Coman wrote:
MUTU wrote:In any case my original argument was that both are injury prone, and I included Martinez in the mix. If we let go of Badstuber (another injury prone central defender) then we'd be playing with fire. Why don't we buy Süle this month and loan out Badstuber for 6 months to Hoffenheim?

Because I don't think Hoffenheim is ok with this.

Depends on the conditions we want for Badstuber. If the rumours are right and Bayern have indeed already bought Süle, then Hoffenheim need to find a replacement anyway. If Bayern don't push for a contract extension before sending Badsy out on loan, then essentially they would be getting an experienced centre back on their roster who they can immediately offer a permanent contract in view of a free transfer in summer. Who knows, perhaps he likes it there.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:05 pm

I think Bayern didn't already buy him. Than it cool be hard this summer and almost impossible this winter if you look as a Hoffenheim board member pov.

via Tapatalk
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Any assessment will lack any value when you realize Boa got injured... on a plane ride. That´s about the end of that discussion. :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm

tflags wrote:Guys, Sule is 21 and Tah is 20. We don't know how injury prone either one is imho.

And please, no FBs as CBs. Nice as it is, I'm not watching a game with Kimmich dueling second balls against Giroud.

What!? Kimmich owning Giroud is the dream!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Coman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

8:00 AM and already a good news.

According to Kicker, Süle choose Chelsea over Bayern.

No just kiddin. He rejects them for Bayern and a deal between Hoffenheim & Bayern is close !
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News